Hello - new starter on Slim Fast.

SlimFaster2012

Hello everyone,

I thought I would pop by and introduce myself. I started on Slim Fast last Sunday after trying many diets and not really being successful. I did okay with Slimming World (2.5 stone), but I don't have the time to do so much food planning; I found I was thinking about food all the time!

I've got quite a bit to lose and I'm well on my way. Since last Sunday I've lost 11lbs (weigh in this morning).

I'm doing the 3-2-1 plan (I'm not sure if there are other plans?) and really enjoying it. I've had a few hurdles as I had already committed myself to two social events last week - one dinner and one lunch, but I worked it into the plan and it seemed to work well.

My fitness pal is keeping me going - I have it on my iPhone and I've synched it online, I think that might be the main thing to be keeping me going to be honest, I'm getting a little obsessed with logging my food diary. I've also started exercising and I'm doing 20 minutes per day on the exercise bike - I also have some wii games to try out (Zumba) and a fitness ball, etc for when I get fed up with the bike.

So there we have it, it's nice to be here - please say hello if you want to.

:)

p.s. My favourite shakes are raspberry crush and latte (yum!) - I was seriously surprised at how tasty they all are to be honest - and the chocolate caramel snack bar is nicer than any chocolate bar in my opinion.

Thanks for the wonderful welcome, Mini.

Thanks also for the 'well done' - I feel like a bit of a cheat because it was so easy, I hope I can keep it up!

:)

Delighted to hear you are finding it easy as it makes all the difference!

Fingers crossed it continues for you:cross:

Welcome SlimFaster and well done on your humungous loss! I lost 4lbs on my first week and thought that was good!

I am also an ardent user of MFP and have a Fitbit to track my steps - sadly I work 9-5, 5 days a week in a sedentary office job so I find getting my steps in is not easy.... however, since I got my little gadget it has inspired me to get up and move a lot more which all helps towards your losses.

I have about 12lbs to go now and my losses have slowed right down, but I am still heading in the right direction so that's OK. I have lost a dress size in the last month doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - an exercise DVD which is AGONISING in places, but sure makes a difference to your strength and body shape...... I have lost around 10 inches overall!

Good luck and may you continue to find it just as easy until you reach goal - as Mini says, that's half the battle.

Hello again,

Nice to meet you, Annya. Thanks for the luck :) and good luck to you on the remainder of your journey, too!

I'm having a good week, I've still not cheated once and it has been 10 days. I am certainly finding that the shakes fill me up much more and for much longer than the meal bars, so I'll keep the bars for the occasional treat to mix it up a bit.

I've mixed up my exercise by doing bits and bobs whilst watching TV in the evening - walking on the spot, sit ups, leg exercises, steps up on the stairs during advert breaks, star jumps, etc. Anything to get the heart pumping.

I'm up to a 12lb loss at the moment, I'm trying not to weigh myself every day but it's tough - I think i've become a little obsessed.

I've still got a long way to go but I'll keep going - I'll be recommending Slim Fast to others because it's working so well.

Update soon. x

Glad to hear you're having some good losses, I am thinking about doing SF in conjunction with SW, simply because..especially at breakfast time I really don't like eating and I could easily do the 3-2-1 plan.

Hi guys! Not been on here in a while. Started slimfast this week! At the moment im just having a shake in the morning, and then a salad for lunch and eggs n salad for dinner. As snacks i hav fruit n pittas with humus! This week ive lost 3lbs! My aim is to lose 50 so only another 47 to go!! Im gna mix it up a bit so my body doesnt get too used to it. So one week ill have a shake for breakfast and lunch and the next ill just have a shake for breakfast. Weekends will be my free days just to mess with my metabolism a bit. And i am doing an hour of zumba 5 times a week, sometimes with about 10 mins of kettlebell training! I will keep you all posted!! :) good luck to you all!! Xx

Hello Jodie-D and MissPeriPeri!

It sounds like you both have good plans there - good luck :)

It has been two weeks for me now and I was very excited that I have now lost 1 stone, a little disappointed that it means I've only lost 3lbs this week though, but I know I could have done more exercise. Other than that, I'm not sure where I went wrong - I stuck to it really well, except yesterday when I treated myself to a salad for lunch instead of a shake - but I only had some ham, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumber.

I'll exercise more this week and I'll see if I can more a dent by next Sunday.

Thanks Slimfaster. 3lbs is a great loss! Dont forget people will always have a big loss on their first week but after that losing 2-3lbs per week is natural. If anything if u loose too much to quickly its unhealthy and i sure as hell dont want to b left with lots of saggy skin!! Try to fit in some weight training and toning exercises so while ur losing weight ur toning up too!! If anyones ony fitness pal ur more then welcome to add me as a friend. Im : priyac1987 :)

Yeah 3lbs is still a good loss. If I lose that every week I will be at my target by Dec. I have my weigh in tomorrow so hoping for 3(well I'm secretly hoping for 4 as that will mean 1st 1/2 total loss. But I won't be that disappointed)

How did your weigh in go? I lost 8 lb in my first week and am hoping to loose 2 lb per week.
I have done weight watchers and slimming world before now both worked well when motivated and planned every meal in advance.
I think bread makes me bloated but I find it hard to avoid being busy as it is so easy just to grab a sandwich which is one reason I like slim fast, it's a definite structure and I don't have to think and plan plan plan.
Let us know how you are getting on x

Back