Hello! New to MiniMins, on the slimming world plan

chubbiebunnie

Hi All,

I am new to minimins. I wanted to connect with more likeminded people as I find the online community so valuable. I am doing slimming world and I have lost 5st 10lbs so far, still a ways to go to get to target but I am going to try... or I should say I am going to do it this time!

Would love to connect with you all whether what plan you do, we are all in it together :) x

Hi and welcome :) Sounds like you're doing really well so far! Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi well done on the loss so far! I'm doing SW too, I'm needing ideas for snacks so am currently looking thorough recipes... I need something to grab other than fruit!

Hi Nicola! I lost 1lb this week.....I weigh on Wednesday, what about you love? Have you been busy this week, what with school holidays, your days must be bedlam unless you have angelic children (do those exist? lol)

Hi Nicola! I lost 1lb this week.....I weigh on Wednesday, what about you love? Have you been busy this week, what with school holidays, your days must be bedlam unless you have angelic children (do those exist? lol)

Well done on the 1lb loss :) that's great! I weigh on a Friday and this week I lost 1/2 lb, we had a takeaway as we'd had a family day out and was late home, after driving 10 hrs that day I didn't fancy cooking, I added up the syns and it came to 150 so really I think I did well the rest of the week to lose that half pound. I will lose more this week.

I measure myself every 2 or 3 weeks and I was happy to see I've lost 1inch off my hips and 1inch off my tummy which is my first loss off them areas since May! So it's a non scale victory for this week :)

Yes my children are 9, 5 and 20mths so it keeps me on my toes, love having them home, only thing I don't like is when I hear "I'm bored" ! Lol

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new ww member. This is the first time I've done this plan so it's a big learning curve at the moment. I really love having like minded people to share ups and downs with, so came on this site to say hi.
Starting at 99 kg (15st 8) aiming for 80kg (12st 8) as a first goal

Hi all,
I'm also new to minimins and really enjoy reading what Slimming world peeps are up to and what great food they are discovering, just want to say everyone posts are keeping me motivated x

Hi to you both, good luck! Post some pics of your food if you make something particularly tasty! always good for inspiration to see what everyone else puts together :)

Well done on the 1lb loss :) that's great! I weigh on a Friday and this week I lost 1/2 lb, we had a takeaway as we'd had a family day out and was late home, after driving 10 hrs that day I didn't fancy cooking, I added up the syns and it came to 150 so really I think I did well the rest of the week to lose that half pound. I will lose more this week.

I measure myself every 2 or 3 weeks and I was happy to see I've lost 1inch off my hips and 1inch off my tummy which is my first loss off them areas since May! So it's a non scale victory for this week :)

Yes my children are 9, 5 and 20mths so it keeps me on my toes, love having them home, only thing I don't like is when I hear "I'm bored" ! Lol

Nicola.........What on earth came to 150 syns lol! Well done for still losing 1/2 lb that girl....you must have been sooooooo good the rest of the week:rolleyes::rolleyes: I measured myself for the first time last night and was so disgusted with the tape-measure that I've put it away again lol Maybe I'll be brave and write down my findings......I may be surprised eh?

I have two boys, peter, 36, and Ross 26 next week! Makes me feel so old but the benefits.....................grandchildren! :) Richard also has a daughter who has a little girl of 3 yrs. Peters two boys are Alex, 4 yrs and James, 18 months. So far Richard and I have lost their combined weight!!

Nicola.........What on earth came to 150 syns lol! Well done for still losing 1/2 lb that girl....you must have been sooooooo good the rest of the week:rolleyes::rolleyes: I measured myself for the first time last night and was so disgusted with the tape-measure that I've put it away again lol Maybe I'll be brave and write down my findings......I may be surprised eh?

I have two boys, peter, 36, and Ross 26 next week! Makes me feel so old but the benefits.....................grandchildren! :) Richard also has a daughter who has a little girl of 3 yrs. Peters two boys are Alex, 4 yrs and James, 18 months. So far Richard and I have lost their combined weight!!

It's amazing to think of it like that, and you both must be very proud of yourselves. Thinking about it I have lost a little more than my youngest son and he is heavy to carry!

I'll tell you what I had, 4 slices of domino's pizza and 3 dips which looks to have come to 121 (if I'd known before I would have stopped at 2) and then I had cadburys eclairs on the journey and some Madeira cake. I'm surprised I lost too. I have done a lot of evening workouts in the form of Taebo so it may have helped the loss! I hadn't worked out the calories but I just did and it looks like 3000!! As it's 20kcal a syn isn't it? Wow.

It's amazing to think of it like that, and you both must be very proud of yourselves. Thinking about it I have lost a little more than my youngest son and he is heavy to carry!

I'll tell you what I had, 4 slices of domino's pizza and 3 dips which looks to have come to 121 (if I'd known before I would have stopped at 2) and then I had cadburys eclairs on the journey and some Madeira cake. I'm surprised I lost too. I have done a lot of evening workouts in the form of Taebo so it may have helped the loss! I hadn't worked out the calories but I just did and it looks like 3000!! As it's 20kcal a syn isn't it? Wow.

Lol.........but I bet you enjoyed it sweetie :p JEALOUS!!

I've just made the lemon drizzle cake for slimming club 'Taster@ evening........will let you know if anyone keels over lol xx

Hi Maria, let us know how your cake went down with your club, would love to try and make it , how many syns per slice?
Hello Ra-ra :)
Just taken it out of the oven and trying to let it cool down before having a taste lol The complete cake is 8 syns. Will let you know the result and give you you the recipe later ;)

New here and to dieting really!!! I used to be one of those annoying people who could eat anything and never gain but that has finally caught up with me, took a little while for me to accept I'm actually going to have to monitor and think about what I eat from now on.

I'm looking to loose 1 stone 3 pound and learn about diet, nutrition and portion control. And hopefully meet some like minded people on here too.

Bit nervous but also excited to start a new challenge. I've been trying 'to be good' this week and I really thought I was, but I stayed the same, I was genuinely gutted!!!! It is my star week though so does that mean if I stay being good it may show on the scale next week?

Hi Diet Virgin, don't be disheartened it's your first week and your body is just adjusting to the new way of eating, I'm sure next week will show that your hard work is definitely worth it and will inspire you to keep going.
Best of luck

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new ww member. This is the first time I've done this plan so it's a big learning curve at the moment. I really love having like minded people to share ups and downs with, so came on this site to say hi.
Starting at 99 kg (15st 8) aiming for 80kg (12st 8) as a first goal
Hello flowey Welcome! I'm fairly new too. I've never done ww but wish you well on your journey. Hope to see you around :)

New here and to dieting really!!! I used to be one of those annoying people who could eat anything and never gain but that has finally caught up with me, took a little while for me to accept I'm actually going to have to monitor and think about what I eat from now on.

I'm looking to loose 1 stone 3 pound and learn about diet, nutrition and portion control. And hopefully meet some like minded people on here too.

Bit nervous but also excited to start a new challenge. I've been trying 'to be good' this week and I really thought I was, but I stayed the same, I was genuinely gutted!!!! It is my star week though so does that mean if I stay being good it may show on the scale next week?

Hello Diet Virgin. Don't be put off by not losing your first week. I don't have star weeks any more but I remember them well and sometimes put on as much as 6lb from the day before!! I'm sure if you carry on watching your diet it will pay off. Good luck this week :)

Back