Hello! New to slimming world

olimber

Hi,

I previously lost 44lbs 5 years ago and kept that off for 3 years. In the last 2 years I have put back on 35lbs of that!!

I just joined slimming world over a week ago. Had my first weigh in a few days ago and lost 4lbs :)
That day I decided I'd treat myself to some chocolate - that led to eating the entire large bar and eating crap for the rest of the day. I felt awful so the very next day I was back onto slimming world plan. I have been eating mainly speed foods and meat(chicken, salmon, 5% mince) for the last 3 days so hopefully I will still have a loss this week. I was aiming for 2lbs but now I'll take anything!

I joined here to help me stay on plan a bit better, and get some food ideas :)

Hi and welcome:)
Im afraid i can't help with your chocolate problem as i am exactly the same!!! Im just hoping over time as the weight comes off i will feel the need to eat less and less (i hope!)I only joined minimins last week after being at SW since January and im so glad i did there are some really lovely and inspirational people here and just coming and having a little read stops me from picking!! ;)
Good luck, we can all do this! X

Hi olimber, welcome, I joined minimums for the same reason and I have to say everyone is so supportive, these guys are really keeping me on track especially with the exercise, as it's not my favourite part of losing weight.
Good luck with you weigh in x

Hi
I'm new to minimins (and actually not very good at anything technology related!!).
But have been doing weight watchers (unable to get head round counting points) so shifting to
Slimming world and thought minimins would help me get motivated to chat to some lovely folk who are in the same boat as I am!!

Hi,

I previously lost 44lbs 5 years ago and kept that off for 3 years. In the last 2 years I have put back on 35lbs of that!!

I just joined slimming world over a week ago. Had my first weigh in a few days ago and lost 4lbs :)
That day I decided I'd treat myself to some chocolate - that led to eating the entire large bar and eating crap for the rest of the day. I felt awful so the very next day I was back onto slimming world plan. I have been eating mainly speed foods and meat(chicken, salmon, 5% mince) for the last 3 days so hopefully I will still have a loss this week. I was aiming for 2lbs but now I'll take anything!

I joined here to help me stay on plan a bit better, and get some food ideas :)
Welcome olimber:)

Well done on your first week...4 lbs was very good.

Good for you getting back on plan so quickly after your little slip as it is so easy to let one day turn into two and so on it goes...

You might like to join one of the many challenge to help keep you on track...link below.

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world-teams-challenges.155/

You are more than welcome to start your own diary to help keep you focused and it also gives our members a place to stop by and say hello.

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world.18/

You did very well on SW before and I am sure you will again.

Hi and welcome:)
Im afraid i can't help with your chocolate problem as i am exactly the same!!! Im just hoping over time as the weight comes off i will feel the need to eat less and less (i hope!)I only joined minimins last week after being at SW since January and im so glad i did there are some really lovely and inspirational people here and just coming and having a little read stops me from picking!! ;)
Good luck, we can all do this! X

I agree Merlin.. I'm thinking that if I log on here, it'll stop me nibbling!
Starts swimming tonight so hopefully that will motivate me ..
Good luck.. I've had some mini matchmakers tonight - my absolute favourite.. But fridge now stocked with lots of berries and good things so I'm in right frame of mind to be good tomorrow !

I'm so unsure how to use this site lol

Have a good day tomorrow x

I will second that Merlin, I couldn't believe it, I was sat with a cuppa last evening at 9 ish and before I looked up it was way gone 10, so engrossed with this forum I passed the hour that I crave chocolate most, then went to bed just incase!!!

Hi RaRa
Same here! Logging on and browsing keeps my mind from thinking of food and my fingers too busy to put food into my mouth! Lol.
Porridge and berries for breakfast this morn. Kids having bagels but I have to resist! Have a good day ☀️

Same here...addicted to overnight oats with as many berries as I can eat with a yoghurt for breakfast... Bagels are a huge no-no for me, the amount of syns in one bagel to me is astronomical it's a days allowance!
any way I will leave you with that info might help you in resisting the temptation.
Have a great day

Thanks RaRa. I love bread but I think it's to blame fr how I've put on all my weight!!!
I haven't tried the overnight oats yet.

Hi
Oooh i love swimming, have fun! Would love to go too but with the little kiddies off school all our pools are so busy:(
Mmmm matchmakers yummy! They can't be too bad can they??
Same as you I've popped on here now to stop me from picking as i have weigh in in a couple of hours!
Have an amazing week and good luck.
X
I agree Merlin.. I'm thinking that if I log on here, it'll stop me nibbling!
Starts swimming tonight so hopefully that will motivate me ..
Good luck.. I've had some mini matchmakers tonight - my absolute favourite.. But fridge now stocked with lots of berries and good things so I'm in right frame of mind to be good tomorrow !

I'm so unsure how to use this site lol

Have a good day tomorrow x

Hi Ra ra
Yes exactly! I have weigh in in a couple of hours so trying to keep myself occupied:confused:
Ooooh love the overnight oats too, love getting up and ta dah theres my breakfast already!!
Good luck :)
X
I will second that Merlin, I couldn't believe it, I was sat with a cuppa last evening at 9 ish and before I looked up it was way gone 10, so engrossed with this forum I passed the hour that I crave chocolate most, then went to bed just incase!!!

Hi
Oooh i love swimming, have fun! Would love to go too but with the little kiddies off school all our pools are so busy:(
Mmmm matchmakers yummy! They can't be too bad can they??
Same as you I've popped on here now to stop me from picking as i have weigh in in a couple of hours!
Have an amazing week and good luck.
X

Hi Merlin
I've enrolled myself for swimming lessons - I want to learn how to swim properly with my head under the water lol.... X

Oh cool sounds like fun:)
That will definitely help towards the body magic!
Good luck and have fun x
Hi Merlin
I've enrolled myself for swimming lessons - I want to learn how to swim properly with my head under the water lol.... X

Back