Hello newbie here looking for friends!!

I've been dieting for years with little or no success! 5 months ago I tried doing it the old fashioned way by cutting down my calories anf doing at least 30 mins cardio and lost an average of 1-2 pounds a week and now I'm 25 pounds lighter!

So my friend has been soon the dukan diet for a few weeks (she's a but of a diet addict) so I thought I'd try it, on day 3 I've been ill and fainted so husband has told me off and said that if he sees me cutting out too much he'll tell my mum (if you knew her you'd be worried trust me!)

So tonight I've had a new potato, salad and turkey meatballs! Feel a bit better now....there's the other thing that I'm 5 days late for my period and we've been trying for a baby for 4 years and I've had 2 miscarriages. But I'm worried about my weight, as I'm 15 stone and need to get my weight off!

That's my story really in no particular order (lol) and really need some peeps support as I don't have anyone that I can talk to ?

Hiya! Welcome.

I think alot of vlcd can be dangerous without proper monitoring etc. Apparently GP's are to be consulted before commencing on one! I prefer to count calories and exercise. Works best for me! It's a great community on here and I got a lot of support through my weight issues. Keep posting in various threads and you will receive plenty of replies!

All the best!

Hey hun, congrats on weight loss so far. If you suspect you may be pregnant get a test as vlcd and pregnancy don't tend to mix. Good luck and hope you get the result you want.

What does vlvd mean? I probably sound really stupid lol!!

I'm back on the usual calorie counting diet, although this weekend I've had choc twice already but I'm recording it which for me is good!

How's everyone doing over Easter?

Vlcd means very low calorie diet

Back