Hello newbie here...

teetiefunk

Gold Member
Hello everyone...I've tried just about every faddy diet there is and they aren't sustainable and I stumbled across slimming world and liked the fact most people said they were never hungry. I can't imagine how it works when people seem to be eating so much but it does and I am ready to give it a go. Anyone got any tips or advice? I am going to go it alone for a week until I get paid then do the online version I think. I've gathered enough info to do it myself for a bit to see how I get on before I shell out. I have 4 stone to lose and hoping to have lost it by June 2013. Thanks in advance lovelies x

Last edited:
teetiefunk said:
Hello everyone...I've tried just about every daddy diet there is and they aren't sustainable and I stumbled across slimming world and liked the fact most people said they were never hungry. I can't imagine how it works when people seem to be eating so much but it does and I am ready to give it a go. Anyone got any tips or advice? I am going to go it alone for a week until I get paid then do the online version I think. I've gathered enough info to do it myself for a bit to see how I get on before I shell out. I have 4 stone to lose and hoping to have lost it by June 2013. Thanks in advance lovelies x

I would say go to class. I tried online and list a bit but found it too easy to cheat yourself as there's noone to be accountable to. I joined my class 5 weeks ago and have lost 9lbs so far ( had my birthday in that time ) x

Pre pregnancy weight 12st 12 current weight 12st 7 woop woop

Hi Mummyclark and thanks for your reply. I have thought about a class and will defo go to one when life is less hectic. I get in from work only at 7pm at the minute so miss all the classes, should be better in a few weeks though but wanted to get started to get me in the right frame of mind. You have done so well in a short space of time!

I always find classes help the motivation. Don't be frightened I'm a newbie to and I can assure you here is nothing more scary for a man than to go to a slimming class!

agree about classes being the way forward, however there are loads of people on here either going it alone or online,

best way forward may be to open a food diary thread so people can comment and advise regularly, also you could join a 'weigh day thread' as well so you have that accountability of 'reporting in' as it were.

good luck on your weight loss journey xx

Hi and welcome teetiefunk - good luck on your journey. I personally find a class better, I tried doing diets alone and all failed. Its the motivation and knowing your accountable every week at the scales. I have no self control to do it at home as its so easy to slide and just think ah ill do better next week. It's whatever suits the individual. Some good advice given about starting a diary thread and then you will have all the help and support you need here.

Good luck and welcome. It's an amazing plan. Can't believe I didn't do it sooner. It's very easy and effective. You will love it. I also recommend a group when you can as it makes you accountable and you get lots of great tips and advice.

I'm a single mum of two little ones and the only class near me is an evening one - so I just can't make it. I've been doing SW online - I did it myself for the first 7 weeks and lost over a stone but felt I wasn't being as good as I could be and needed the food lists etc. I don't cheat or fudge as that would be pointless and I've done the body magic awards as well - started at silver and got platinum last week.
I get lots of support here & I weigh in weekly at the local chemist - I did Rosie's 6 months to sexy Xmas challenge and I'm 3lb off a 42lb loss - this challenge really did keep me focused.
I know most people prefer classes but online works for me. Good Luck with it - really is easy if you follow it properly. Superfree is the key!

Hello! WElcome and well done for taking the first step :)
I've only been at SW for a week but my recommendations would be..
1) to plan ahead! there is nothing worse than padding round your house not really sure what to eat, or if you have the stuff in. Plan menu's and go shopping accordingly!
2) Don't be afraid to use your syns. There is nothing wrong with a bar of chocolate, or indulging in the wine you like, as I think if you deny yourself it won't work. The syns make this plan really easy to stick to. for example, I had a chinese meal on Friday night, but knew I was going to so looked at the syns in advance and it was 4 for fried rice and 5 for chicken in blackbean (on extra easy plan) but this is what I'd normally order anyway. Boiled rice would have been free - but why not use the syns I'm allowed?!!!
3) don't weigh yourself more often than once a week lol.. it sucks! lol x

Back