Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hello newbie here!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by milly75, 29 September 2008 Social URL.

1. milly75

milly75 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi everyone,

I have been attempting WW at home, however due to me having no will power I am failing miserably. Basically I got myself in to a rut of using my points for stupid things:break_diet:

I first tried Slimming World in my twenties. I lost 5 stone in 9 months and felt great. However now in my thirties, I find myself bigger than ever after years of comfort eating due to a few miserable years. I had a baby back in January and I'm not even back to what I was before (which was obese anyway).

I did attempt SW again a few years ago, but it seemed that everything I had used as free or low syn were now loads of syns. But, I am ready to try again and this time I have a grand total of about 8 stone to lose (although I would be happy with 5 off).

Do you know the other day i actually caught myself thinking..I wish I still smoked as I used to eat a lot less and it surpressed my appetite. How crazy is that.....I haven't smoked for nearly 18 months and certainly don't want to again:eek:
    I'm going to try for a loss of 2 stone before Christmas, may be a tall order but we will see. I was just reading about the lady who lost 15lb in the first week!!:eek: Wow that's fantastic..the most I have ever lost in week 1 is 6lb:rolleyes::D

Anyway, so today I start...I have a lot of books to read through and get my head around it all again so i had better get started.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. doratheexplora

doratheexplora Full Member

Hi milly

welcome you will find lots of good advise and knowledge on here if you want anything just shout up.

I want to lose 2 stone by chrimbo too! we can do it ;)

I also had a baby in january still trying to lose that weight :mad:

Take care hun x

4. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good Luck. I have 8 more stone to lose so I know how daunting it can be, you are on the right path now and I am sure you will be fine x

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Hi welcome to the forum and to SW x

6. milly75

milly75 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Aw thanks for the welcome, I have just sat down with my books to work a few meals out while the baby is having a nap. I really need to go shopping and get some fruit in later. I used to eat loads of fruit, must get back to it.
    Next I'm going to start a diary I think.

Thanks again!

7. Treats

Treats Silver Member

Hi there Milly!

Well I am too wanting to shed what I would call half of me haha... I am aiming for a difference before Christmas as my daughter is leaving home soon :wave_cry: and will be back to visit me over the holidays... :) So I want to look a little different.

Sadly I can not join a club as they don't have one over here.. so I am doing it all alone... that is why I found this site last night and I guess I will be scouring the pages to find inspiration etc and hopefully give some too.

There is one thing I do know... with all of us giving each other support.. WE WILL DO IT lol!!

I have decided to do a blog which I started last night and thought I would put what I am having on there and what I get up to and maybe someone along the way will correct me if I am doing something wrong or maybe say.. hey well done!!

So Milly... you can do it.. we can all do it.. :p

Good luck

8. Jenmac

Jenmac can't speak French

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World online
    Good luck everyone!

I stopped smoking a few months ago and I think it's a myth that it helps your weight - I have put a few pounds on but it wouldn't make doing SW any easier if I started again.

Milly - I know what you mean about using points for stupid things on WW, I actually don't have a very big appetite so would happily live on chocolate on WW and still lose, so I think SW is miles better as it encourages me to eat "proper" food and there's not too much thinking involved! I did lose 5lb in my first 2 weeks but put it back on on holiday, never mind, back to the drawing board! I got the SW magazine and found it quite good, there's loads of food ideas so maybe give it a try?

9. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and Welcome!

xx

10. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Welcome to minimins - I don't need to say how brilliant SW is as you already know but I wish you lots of luck with your journey. xxx

11. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hiya
    when i started slimming world in june (this year) i had 8 stone to lose, i am an ex WW and i thought i would give SW a go!
    i so far have lost 29lb with them and still have quite a bit to go but i feel so confident with the food optimising millarky! i have never eaten so much and still lost weight!
    the support on this site is phenominal, everyone is in the same boat!
    if you need any help give a shout on site and someone will help ya
    xxxx

12. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck and welome Milly x

13. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    good luck, sure you will have no problems, if you need anything, just ask...

14. Beki

Beki Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck! Another convert i see :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.