Hello newbie here!

milly75

Hi everyone,

I have been attempting WW at home, however due to me having no will power I am failing miserably. Basically I got myself in to a rut of using my points for stupid things:break_diet:

I first tried Slimming World in my twenties. I lost 5 stone in 9 months and felt great. However now in my thirties, I find myself bigger than ever after years of comfort eating due to a few miserable years. I had a baby back in January and I'm not even back to what I was before (which was obese anyway).

I did attempt SW again a few years ago, but it seemed that everything I had used as free or low syn were now loads of syns. But, I am ready to try again and this time I have a grand total of about 8 stone to lose (although I would be happy with 5 off).

Do you know the other day i actually caught myself thinking..I wish I still smoked as I used to eat a lot less and it surpressed my appetite. How crazy is that.....I haven't smoked for nearly 18 months and certainly don't want to again:eek:
I'm going to try for a loss of 2 stone before Christmas, may be a tall order but we will see. I was just reading about the lady who lost 15lb in the first week!!:eek: Wow that's fantastic..the most I have ever lost in week 1 is 6lb:rolleyes::D

Anyway, so today I start...I have a lot of books to read through and get my head around it all again so i had better get started.

Hi milly

welcome you will find lots of good advise and knowledge on here if you want anything just shout up.

I want to lose 2 stone by chrimbo too! we can do it ;)

I also had a baby in january still trying to lose that weight :mad:

Take care hun x

Good Luck. I have 8 more stone to lose so I know how daunting it can be, you are on the right path now and I am sure you will be fine x

Aw thanks for the welcome, I have just sat down with my books to work a few meals out while the baby is having a nap. I really need to go shopping and get some fruit in later. I used to eat loads of fruit, must get back to it.
Next I'm going to start a diary I think.

Thanks again!

Hi there Milly!

Well I am too wanting to shed what I would call half of me haha... I am aiming for a difference before Christmas as my daughter is leaving home soon :wave_cry: and will be back to visit me over the holidays... :) So I want to look a little different.

Sadly I can not join a club as they don't have one over here.. so I am doing it all alone... that is why I found this site last night and I guess I will be scouring the pages to find inspiration etc and hopefully give some too.

There is one thing I do know... with all of us giving each other support.. WE WILL DO IT lol!!

I have decided to do a blog which I started last night and thought I would put what I am having on there and what I get up to and maybe someone along the way will correct me if I am doing something wrong or maybe say.. hey well done!!

So Milly... you can do it.. we can all do it.. :p

Good luck

Good luck everyone!

I stopped smoking a few months ago and I think it's a myth that it helps your weight - I have put a few pounds on but it wouldn't make doing SW any easier if I started again.

Milly - I know what you mean about using points for stupid things on WW, I actually don't have a very big appetite so would happily live on chocolate on WW and still lose, so I think SW is miles better as it encourages me to eat "proper" food and there's not too much thinking involved! I did lose 5lb in my first 2 weeks but put it back on on holiday, never mind, back to the drawing board! I got the SW magazine and found it quite good, there's loads of food ideas so maybe give it a try?

Welcome to minimins - I don't need to say how brilliant SW is as you already know but I wish you lots of luck with your journey. xxx

hiya
when i started slimming world in june (this year) i had 8 stone to lose, i am an ex WW and i thought i would give SW a go!
i so far have lost 29lb with them and still have quite a bit to go but i feel so confident with the food optimising millarky! i have never eaten so much and still lost weight!
the support on this site is phenominal, everyone is in the same boat!
if you need any help give a shout on site and someone will help ya
xxxx

Good luck! Another convert i see :D

Back