500 Calories Hello! Newbie to JUDDD here...

pommychic

Hi, I am 40 year old and married with two boys. I have tried every diet under the sun to try and get this stone off that I put on through quitting smoking! But I love my food so much!

So I started JUDDD last week and stuck to it. I have just read Michael Mosleys book and was just going to do two DDs but I felt I could ramp it up a bit and do two DDs. I stept on the scales this morning and was mortified to see a 2 pound gain! Any idea why? Is it normal in the first week? I have my fitness pal and have been faithfully logging everything I have been eating and stuck to 500 DDs and around 1800/1900 UP days. I have felt quite bloated today though and wondered if it could be the fact that I have been relying on eating lots of cup a soups and salads on the DD. Could the cup a soups be to blame?

I am looking forward to meeting some great people on here and supporting each other!

Hi, I am 40 year old and married with two boys. I have tried every diet under the sun to try and get this stone off that I put on through quitting smoking! But I love my food so much!

So I started JUDDD last week and stuck to it. I have just read Michael Mosleys book and was just going to do two DDs but I felt I could ramp it up a bit and do two DDs. I stept on the scales this morning and was mortified to see a 2 pound gain! Any idea why? Is it normal in the first week? I have my fitness pal and have been faithfully logging everything I have been eating and stuck to 500 DDs and around 1800/1900 UP days. I have felt quite bloated today though and wondered if it could be the fact that I have been relying on eating lots of cup a soups and salads on the DD. Could the cup a soups be to blame?

I am looking forward to meeting some great people on here and supporting each other!

You do need to work out your normal calorie allowance - mine is 1550 so my dd is 375 - if I was to take the 2000/500 rule - I'd put on weight. That might be why. Also weight varies massively day by day

I am a bit confused (it doesn't take much...) as you say you were going to do 2 DD's but ramped it up to 2 DD's??
How many are you doing?
I tried the 5:2 approach for 3 weeks and lost sod all!
Doing it every other day on the other hand though is working well and i'm not particularily watching what i eat on an up day.

Hi..

Yes I just realised my mistake! Yes I ramped it up by doing 3 down days...and did loads of exercise as I normally am quite active. I know that with the JUDDD diet you don't necessarily need to watch your UD calories as long as you don't overeat..because you are doing more down days than the 5:2 diet. At the end of the day, I believe it still does boil down to calories in versus calories out which is why I was mortified after doing 3 DDs, and my usual exercise regim, I had put two pounds on!!!!

You are right, JUDDD like any other plan really is about calories in and calories out. I think most of us have found that although it says you don't have to, you do actually have to keep a tab on the UP calories, especially since you have very little to lose. It's not a quick diet and I would reckon you should be aiming to lose about .5-1lb per week as losses can be slow, put your stats into the calculator on the JUDDD site and you might find your ups should be around the 1750 mark, keep DD's at 500 going lower doesn't give any real benefit. So that should give you lets say on 4:3, 3 x 500= 1500 plus 4x1750= 7000 Total cals for week = 8500, so a deficit of 3x (1750-500) = 3750, which should give you just around a lb per week.

I doubt the cup a soups are anything to do with it, it does take a bout a month to settle into JUDDD so keep at it.

Hi I'm new too.

If I exercise on a DD do I go into negative cals or do I need to eat the cals I burn to have enough to get a loss?

Hi I'm new too.

If I exercise on a DD do I go into negative cals or do I need to eat the cals I burn to have enough to get a loss?

It's up to you I think on 5.2 the whole body going into starvation thing doesn't count so if you don't eat them back then you've created a bigger deficit which is ok. All new rules!

Back