Hello peeps, can I join?

CeeKay

Staying on plan!
as some of you may remember i done cd ss and ss+ last year and lost an incredible 8.5 stone.
it all then came to a sudden end. completely of my own doing i hasten to add!
i have been "doing" SW diet for the last couple of weeks, and some days are wayyyy better than others, but i have currently slipped and had a major gain this week.
now without knocking the SW board, which i defo wouldn't, i dont feel there is the right support for me there as the majority have never done anything like CD and feel that is a "bad" diet.
i originally chose to do CD to take all food out of the equation and didnt have a problem with the diet at all, but the downside is that this hasnt taught me how to deal with my food issues and problems, hence the struggling now.
it seems my answer after a bad day is to not eat and feel in control like i did on CD which results in feeling mega hungry which is sooo obvious while i'm typing this but not at the time lol
soooooooo anyway long post almost over, i'm looking for a new "home" on minmins and hoping that this is it.
are you ready to help with my struggles guys? i'll do my best to help with yours in return.
Claire
x

Hi Ceekay!

I think I can speak for everyone and say you're welcome in this forumpart! We all have our struggles regarding maintenance and I hope we can give you some advise with yours.

From your post I read you have times when you don't eat, simply to feel in control. Do you have these often? Obviously, it is important to eat but I think you know that yourself so won't give you a lecture about that! :)

I personally have been to a psychologist to deal with my underlying issues during CD. I am not saying this is what you should do but it may be something to consider. I haven't binged since coming off CD and binging was something I used to do a lot so I think the therapy has helped me a lot.

Maybe there are other ways to deal with food issues and I think others will be able to help you there.

Good luck!

thank you hun!
both for your quick response and helpful nature!
i feel proud of myself still, for adnitting i have a problem and this time seeking out help and advice before giving up and gaining all the weight again.
i'm out tonight and at work tomorrow, but am planning for a constructive re-start on monday, so i will probably be back here tomorrow night with some ideas and questions
so look forward to some good chats with all you guys
xx

thank you hun!
both for your quick response and helpful nature!
i feel proud of myself still, for adnitting i have a problem and this time seeking out help and advice before giving up and gaining all the weight again.
i'm out tonight and at work tomorrow, but am planning for a constructive re-start on monday, so i will probably be back here tomorrow night with some ideas and questions
so look forward to some good chats with all you guys
xx

Hi!

Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards fixing it ;-) So you do have a right to be proud of yourself.

Are you restarting Cambridge SS or healthy food... diet of any sort?

If it's CD SS the next part will be a bit irrelevant :p

If it's with food, it may help you to plan what you're eating a day before so you know what you're going to eat when!

For me that's something I do, I count calories to get a decent idea of how much food I can eat in a day, which foods are better to take than others etc. Basically, I can have everything I want but I need to watch the calories. Still quite diet-ish, I know, but for me it's important to find a certain security by knowing the calories etc:p

We all have our things I guess :D Right now I'm trying to have 1400-1500 kcal a day. It depends on what I have available what I eat but I know the kcals of my bread, my crackers etc. and I only eat till I feel full. (Usually, unless really hungry, I feel full after 2 wholewheat crackers with (e.g.) chickenfilet) It's weird because I feel full really quickly, so when I eat too little I try to add e.g. another cracker with peanutbutter to crack up the calories a bit. ;)

Ehh.. well, enough about all that. Don't even know what you're going to do so my food blabber may not even be relevant!!;)

Good luck on restarting your diet again, I am sure you can do it!

x

hey Ceekay
welcome to our maintenance bit, looking forward to reading about your journey on maintenance!!
Good luck!

xx

well just as an update, this weekend has been horrendous.
however i still felt the need to regain control, so i spent many hours trawling through info and posts and read some fascinating stuff.
following one post's advice (thanks KD) i decided to write down how i felt, which turned into a 2 page rant which i then showed my partner as i was unable to tell him anything for 2 reasons. 1, i knew he wouldnt understand as he has no food issues, and 2, i would have ended up crying and not made a lot of sense!
anyhow, the end result was some tears, and him telling me to find someone to help, not that easy at 1.30am, so i carried on reading and following links from place to place and around 2.30am i found something that made complete sense to me. Compulsive Overeating Disorder. it was like reading about myself.
So i am in the process of getting some advise from someone very qualified to help, as to where to go with this information and what to do about it(thanks minimins)
and i'll report back with their findings.
i feel very low today, but more positive than i have lately so lets hope its the start of something......

Claire please don't feel low, I can't believe how much weight you have lost already, I bet you look amazing!! You have also taken the 1st steps to getting some extra help so keep it up and keep us informed as to how you are feeling . . . there's always someone here to give some support x

thank you caroline.
support is everything at the moment
x

Hey Ceekay - welcome - you have really come to the right place for support!!

Hiya,

I'm glad you're getting help. It's a big step a lot of people never take; you've taken it so well done!

x

am feeling a lot better today girls....
still dealing with my "issues" lol, but feel more in control again at the min
am trying to be a bit nicer to myself, well at least not so hard on myself.
bought some new jeans today, in a size 12, so i cant be doing all that bad.
been food shopping and bought lots of nice healthy stuff to much on, so all in all, feeling much more positive.
x

am feeling a lot better today girls....
still dealing with my "issues" lol, but feel more in control again at the min
am trying to be a bit nicer to myself, well at least not so hard on myself.
bought some new jeans today, in a size 12, so i cant be doing all that bad.
been food shopping and bought lots of nice healthy stuff to much on, so all in all, feeling much more positive.
x

Yay well done for fitting into size 12! :) I fit into 12s a lot... mainly coz of stupid tum! Pants (stretchy ones) I fit into UK size 11 HAHAH! My big tummy is in the way, quite annoying! :) If my tum was smaller I'd be in size 10s :')

So yay, well done! Size is lovely isn't it, they sell it everywhere :)

Glad to hear you're dealing with your issues!

x

another good day so far.....
and really enjoyable food, with still some more to come!
as i go to bed later than most of you, still got another 6 hours to go lol
hope you are all having a good day too
x

still doing ok ...
am finding that keeping a food diary helps, writing everything i have down even if i go slightly over my limit, its then a reminder to cut back a little the next day.....
i've been offered a free place on a course to do an NVQ in Healthy Eating, so am possibly doing that which should concentrate my mind on something that is beneficial, and am also starting a course next week in something i have wanted to do for years, so again soemthing else to concentrate on.
so all in all a much better week than last week

Glad you've had a better week Claire. The NVQ sounds good, even if you end up knowing a lot of it already it won't hurt in helping to keep you focussed. Keep going, you're doing fab :)

Had a good weekend peeps, even with my treats on saturday, which were pre planned, so counted and allowed lol.
lost 2lbs at weigh in this morning too, so all in all am doing ok

Hi!

Pre-planned treats rule! You don't have to feel guilty for them.

Well done on losing, must feel amazing!!

xxx

well this week didnt go so well! lol
think i got a little bit cocky again, i realised i stopped writing evertyhing down, which is not a good sign....
gained 3 at weigh in this morning, but at least i know what i done wrong.
have started writing everything down again, and back to weighing and measuring ...
am not feeling low or anything, just realised my mistakes and getting back on track, which is a far better attitude, which makes me think that i AM getting somewhere, just taking a longer route than some others.
ah well, done an hour on the wii tonight, so lets hope i can make this week a good one

Back