HELLO thinking of joining SW :)

Rach_25

HI EVERYONE :D:D

I am currently on Cambridge Diet, but thinking of switching over to Slimming World because I have heard so many great things about it. I would just like to know a little more about it, how much do you all roughly pay a week on food? How much are the average losses a week? What do you actually have to do?

We spend about £50.....£60.00 a week for 2 of us this does include household products as well!
We have around £20-00 worth of fruit a week, if you plan a menu for the week you can save money, also where you shop, we use Sainsbury's as it local and a large store with a good choice.
I have lost over 6stone over 1 year, best week 5lbs, worst 1lb on!
I use the Extra Easy plan 2/3 plate with free food, 1/3 super free food, 1 Hea, 1 Heb 5....15 syns per day
free food=most meat, some veg, fish etc
super free food=fruit, lots of veg
Hea= milk, cheese, dairy products
Heb= bread, oats, breakfast foods, dried, canned fruit
Syns= Any other food not listed as a Hea or Heb or more than the amount listed in the book
You need to see the book to get a comprehensive guide.....
Pete

I couldnt tell you what we actually spend on food because we do a big weekly online shop which includes household stuff and nappies etc. I started sw 8 weeks ago and I think my weekly shop has gone up by between 5 and 10 pounds...mostly due to extra fruit, veg and salad.

BUT I'm no longer spending 15 a week on a takeaway or 30 on random extra junk food, so the bank account is actually looking healthier!

We spend around £40-45 per week for the two of us but I plan all the meals in advance and around 2/3 of our shopping bill is fresh fruit & veg. I am trying to experiment with different shops for fruit/veg but I've heard the cheapest is lidl or aldi, both of which are a 20min drive away so I think I'll stay local as sure it will even out in petrol money! As for what the plan is etc you would be best off reading the sticky threads. I can't see then while I am typing a reply on my phone but I think there is an "advice for newbies" or something similar which explains the plan very well. Most importantly I think is not to view sw as a diet. It is a way or teaching yourself to make changes to your diet and lifestyle that are sustainable forever. X

I love slimming world! i first joined to lose my baby weight after having two children really close together went from a size 12 to nearly 20!!! Was over 14stn when i started. I lost nealy 4 stone in 5 months and went from a size 20 to 10/12!! I left sw as i was happy at the weight i was but over xmas i put on half a stone! so joined slimming world again iv lost over half a stone in three weeks so really happy only got a stone and a half to lose and ill be a target member and will stay with slimming world as its free once you get to target as long as you stay between 2lbs of target will really help me mantain.
Im not going t olie i spend a fortune on fruit but then i have two children that love thier fruit too we are veggies so dont buy meat my shopping bill is about 60/70 a week.
Good luck with sw it really works xx

Back