Hello *waves*

Galifreyan

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am Nic, I am 32 and need to lose about 8 stone. Just started SF this morning and I am going to start tracking on myfitnesspal.

I have dusted off my bike and cycled to town :eek: for some chicken for tea, going to do a spicy stir fry nom nom nom.

Hope you are all well and good luck xx

Hi nic

I'm on my third week of slim fast and managing fine. First week is the hardest and then your body adjusts.

I've lost 8lbs on the first two weeks and tomorrow will be my third weigh in.

Enjoy your dinner. It sounds yummy. Good luck!

Steph x

Thanks Chico and Oasis, I thought I would be hungrier than I am but its not too bad and the shakes I have had have been nice too x

My evening meal was lush I stirfried chicken and veg such as carrots, spring onions, courgettes and sweetcorn with garlic and chilli and soy sauce and had enough calories left for a WW fromage frais and a huge bowl of fruit (strawberries, cherries and kiwi).

I had the Rich Chocolate shake for brekkie and the Vanilla one for lunch, I thought I would of loved the Vanilla but wasnt sure I would like the Choc and it was the total opposite lol. The choc one tasted lovely and very thick and filling but I wasnt so keen on the vanilla, tomorrow I will try a spoon of each together as I dont want to waste the vanilla one but don't fancy drinking it every day lol.

Welcome and good luck, one important ingredient to help with your weight loss is the support you will get here, good days and not so good there will always be a friendly member here to encourage, support and to celebrate your losses x

Thanks hun, I have just been reading your diary, you are doing really well, still got 3 pages left to read though lol.

good luck

Galifreyan, I added a spoonful of coffee to my vanilla to use it up. I also tried the spoonful of each but felt the choc was a bit weak but still ok as it was using up the vanilla, lol
Kay xxx

Hi Nic. Sorry to jump on this thread so late - been away in Harrogate at a wedding this weekend!.

Welcome and good luck on your journey, you will get loads of support and encouragement here.... this forum used to be a bit slow but it seems to have livened up over the past couple of months a lot!

I am a great mixer of shake flavours. I must admit I find the chocolate one too "chocolatey" so I mix it 1 part choc/1 part latte (SF have discontinued this in the powder though... I am GUTTED:sigh:)/2 parts vanilla which makes 2 shakes and tastes a lot like cafe mocha. I also make "banoffee" 2 parts banana/2 parts caramel and "strawberries and cream" 2 parts vanilla/2 parts strawberry.

Mix on and enjoy SF :D

Thanks guys, I am going to try mixing them, I only have choc and vanilla at the moment as that is all that Morrisons had in stock so going to shop about for other flavours.

I am going to try the coffee in the vanilla one too, I am not a fan of coffee but mixed with the vanilla it may be nice xx

Superdrug do other flavours, I made the mistake yesterday of buying superdrugs ozone version of banana, it was absolutely revolting, I'm not even over exaggerating. I'm going to get the caramel one and banana slimfast ones on Friday x

Superdrug do other flavours, I made the mistake yesterday of buying superdrugs ozone version of banana, it was absolutely revolting, I'm not even over exaggerating. I'm going to get the caramel one and banana slimfast ones on Friday x

I bought Tesco Ultraslim ready made vanilla a few weeks back in an emergency and I thought that was totally VILE :9529: :sign0137:

I must admit, I am not keen on most of the ready made shakes as I find them a) too strong and b) too thick. They are, however, great for using a mixers to make different flavours.

My fave just now is a bottle of Fruits of the Forest topped up to 500mls with milk in my mixing beaker + 2 scoops of chocolate - makes 2 shakes that sound vile but taste lovely! If it's still a bit thick (which it often is for me) I add around 100ml of water as well to thin it down a bit.

I also use Lemon Meringue or Raspberry Smoothie (when I can find them!) the same way but with 2 scoops of vanilla or a Cafe Latte with one scoop chocolate and one scoop vanilla and loads of ice blitzed in the blender for a "skinny frappe".

I get bored having the same thing day in/day out and find this helps to add a bit of variety.

ooo think I will go to Tesco and to Superdrug tomorrow and stock up on different flavours of Slimfast, as much as i like the choc one, I am sick of the sight of it now lol

Back