Hello. xxx

mummylynn

:) I'm new to MiniMins (Hi) and have just started slimming world (on Wed), I discovered this site whilst searching for some syn free recipies and think it's great. I have 3 young children and I would really like to lose the 1 stone that I've gained pre-children as my youngest is now 2, It doesn't help that I am a chocoholic and enjoy the a glass of red at the end of a stressful day but so far I have been really good and just love the fact that there are so many "free" foods...weighed in at 10st 13lb on wed....here goes :cool: x

hi, i joined s/w on thursday :) and i found this site the same way as you :) hope you reach your goal :) and find some lovely recipes on here too xxx good luck xx

Hi, i started following ww last sat. Was looking for points values for foods and came across here.Not attending meetings so thought it would be good to join here and make new friends along the way. So hi, and good luck on your journeys. x

hi everyone, welcome to the forum, you will all get lots of good advice and encouragement, xxx

Hi mummylynn

I'm new to the site & really finding it encouraging. There are so many great weight loss stories & tips, its brilliant.

How are you getting on with SW? Tbh it possible the only diet I hadn't tried (other than the vlc liquid diets) but am really impressed. I'm not having trouble finding things to eat, even when we go to the pub for a meal. Mainly stick to steak, gammon or salmon with jacket & veg or salad.(bit of a challenge leaving the butter off the jacket pot though. Lol) like you I like the odd glass of wine (or3) and & definitely a chocoholic. Have not had alcohol but my chocolate saviour is a 2 finger kit kat @ 5.5 syns. I understand curly wurleys are good on syns for a treat too. Thats the beauty of this plan you can make it work for you.

I've got loads to lose + I'm a slow loser so know its going to be a long journey but having support at the group & on here is really going to help.

Good luck.?

Hi everyone, thanx for all the lovel andy encouraging replies, it's really motivating:) Bobbi.T, I'm finding slimming world really good with a great variety and variation of food to be honest today I've had a really sore head (I was expecting to feel amazing with the amount of fruit & veg I've consumed lol) which is probably due to caffeine withdrawal...before I started I had a bar of chocolate every day after lunch and at least 3 coffee's with milk but have cut the chocolate out completely (apart from the tiny sprinkle of dark chocolate in my muller light orange & dark chocolate today ;)) and am drinking herbal teas's without milk, I am resisting the scales until Wednesday so will let you all know how my first week went. xxx :sign0144:

Hello everyone.

I am new too, just joined the site after getting the app and being a long time lurker.

It's great there are so many tips :)

Can't find many people doing Rosemary Conley diet which is what i'm doing!!

Doing ok, want to go swimming later but sitting comfy on the sofa looking on this forum is much more appealing ;-)

Xx

Hi slimjim 2012

Have you looked though the slimming clubs section? I recently had a leaflet though the door for Rosemary Connelly so it was a toss up which I went to. I have friends on SW who have done well & as I've never tried it before, that's the one I chose. First 2 weeks gone ok so hopefully it will continue. ?

I know I'm in it for the long haul as I'm a slow loser but as long as it comes off I won't mind.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Last edited:
Hi bobbi.t.

Yeah ive looked on the slimming clubs, can't find anything. :(

Never mind, I like coming and looking on these boards when I fancy a mars bar :)

Went swimming and just had my Dinner and a muller rice :) yum! Xxx.

What u got planned for tomorrow?? I think I will go swimming again.

Slowly means it stays off for good :) x

Hi all

Well, how's your weekend going? I've survived Sunday which I find challenging doing a roast & desserts for all the family. The meat & veg are great but it's the crispy roast potatoes I miss! Still I buy myself jersey royals and have them instead so it's a tasty alternative. Made myself some orange sugar free jelly but drained some tinned mandarins (in natural juice) and put in the bottom of the ramekins before pouring on the jelly. It made 5 jellies which I worked out to be about 1syn each. (actually its just under but 1 will do)!The mandarins just add that little extra & they look pretty. Of course my granddaughter just had to try one. ?

I've not planned anything for the BH Monday so will go with the flow. All depends on the weather I suppose. I need to get out in the garden or if it rains might drag the husband out to clear the garage. How comes everything just gets dumped in there? Oh well, that will be a bit of exercise. Lol. ?

Anyway, whatever you do today have a good one & try & avoid the mars bars (slimjim) & I'll try to avoid the cheese! Craving setting in after 2wks without! Ha ha.

Had a lovely roast dinner last night too, silverside done in the oven seasoned with salt and pepper, lots of broccoli, carrots and cauliflour and instead of the roast potatoes I popped my potatoes in the actifry with a spray of 1kal fry light (am hoping this is allowed) you could also par-boil your potatoes and pop them in the oven with a spray of fry-light :) drizzled some balsamic vinegar on as dressing instaed of gravy=delish. x

That sounds yummy. Would never have thought of balsamic. My husband poured loads of gravy on so I had to take all the food off & change plates! I suppose it was the thought that counts

I'm sure our version of roasts will be just fine. Is that cooker any good? I've seen it advertised but would hate for it to be like my food processed, comes out of the cupboard once in a blue moon. Mind you if I start making home made coleslaw it will be getting more use.

Have a good day.

Back