Hello

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Returners' started by *Tia*, 30 August 2011 Social URL.

1. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Hello everyone!
    Well I'm back I did LL back in 2008 and lost 4 stone in 4 months it then got to
    Xmas and I went to pot! I also got made redundant and money became a big issue! Anyway......... Here I am again!
    Just went today to see the doctor and get health form signed (£40.... Ouch) and now I'm ready to go!
    I have a big party on sept 10th so I'm delaying start as I wanna be able to start 100% and tbh not have to deal with a party in my 1st week as I want do this 100% I've told everyone this is the last time I ever wanna diet and this year I will be 100% abstinent at Xmas! I got weighed
    Today and am a massive 302lb :( so I got a massive 10stone I wanna loose!!! Omg!!!!! Here's to 12th sept!!! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrsBurgundy

MrsBurgundy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.6lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Hi Tia

I know the feeling well - i went to pot in 2009 after losing 3 stone in 3 months, but then money was tight and i went abroad and, like you, here i am again!!

I have my sign-off form on Friday, will have my first meeting on Thursday 8th, so will start day 1 on 9th. Really looking forward to it, and can't wait to get started and watch the weight drop off.

I am now at the heaviest i've been and can feel it in my back, and my joints, and even simple things like running upstairs is tricky, so i'd like to lose about 106lb, but would be "healthy" if i lost 80lb.

Tho my OH has said he'll pay for a family photoshoot if i get down to 9 stone, so we'll see!!!!

I really do wish you well on your journey, and can't wait for our first weigh ins!!!

Good luck!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. Meks

Meks Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(19.62%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi,
    I'm on my second time too. A lot of people have said it's really hard the second time but I've actually found it easier. Maybe because I KNOW it works or my head is in the right place. Either way I'm getting there and so will both of you. Welcome back - it really is worth it. xx

5. MrsBurgundy

Start Weight:
    14st8.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.6lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Hi Meks!!

Pleased to meet another fellow returner!! I think my heads in a far better place than it was the first time around, and i have more faith in it as i know that it works!! I'm also doubly determined, as have a great support network and want them to see i made the right choice for me!!

Well done in your loss so far - you're doing great!!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

6. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    Hi there
    good luck!
    daisy x

7. Meks

Meks Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(19.62%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi Jodie,
    Will be good to follow your weight loss journey. I have a bit more than you to lose but we'll both be around for a little while. Best of luck, you sound in a good place.
    Marie. xx

8. MrsBurgundy

Start Weight:
    14st8.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.6lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Hi Marie!!! To be honest, my ticker is my first "goal" Ideally i think i need to lose about 106lb, but either way - i'm here for the duration, for sure!!!

Just had my nurse sign off my form, but wasn't till i got home and checked that she didn't do my BP. It's normally "normal" so do you think my LLC will be ok doing it? Or should i go back? Think i'll have to ring her for clarification!!!

Do either of you have a diary/blog i can read at all?! I always find them so inspirational and a great motivation!! x

9. Meks

Meks Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(19.62%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi Jodie,
    I think you'll need to go back and get your blood pressure doen as that is what they seem to want. I have a diary on lighterlifecommunity.co.uk under Starfish. (Starfish was already taken on here!) I've not updated it for a while but the site is fab and I tend to post more on there as it's a lot smaller than this one and you can get to know people better. Not long til you start now. It will be great to feel lighter, I feel so much better already! Look forward to going into this weight loss journey with you. Good luck.xx

10. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    hello! I am going for my 1st meeting next tuesday (13th) so ill be on my first day on the 14th!
    I wanna loose about 150lb! *GULP*
    do either of you know much about the group side of it?! as when i did it back in 2008 I had to wait for like 8 people until we could start all together and went through the whole process together. However my LLC said that in the group next week will be newbies and returners. Hows that gonna work? do they still do the 1 hour councelling bit?! I wanted to ask LLc but didnt want to look silly!

11. MrsBurgundy

Start Weight:
    14st8.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.6lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Tia

When i did it in 2009, i was lucky as there was a group of newbies starting at the same time, so we all did it together. I started within a week of my initial consultation/visit. I think for returners, they can combine you with the newbies, as they'll still do the counselling part to go through where you may have stumbled and why you're returning.

The CBT/counselling will still be offered to all, and you should still have your hours group meeting. I know in some places they do the returners in a separate class, but if there's only 1 or 2 it would make sense to add them into the newbies session.

Fire a quick email to your LLC if you're concerned, it's better to be prepared!! Plus, it may be different for each LLC!!! And you won't look silly, i assure you, you'll look like you're doing your research and are dedicated to doing what's best for you!!!! xxx

12. MrsBurgundy

Start Weight:
    14st8.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.6lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Thanks Marie!!

I'm sure i was on the LL forum way back when, but not sure i still have access!! Will find out thursday!!!
    Will also go for a BP check tomorrow or Wednesday!! Thanks hon! xxxxxx

13. Meks

Meks Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(19.62%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi Tia Milly,
    In our group we have 6 ladies and the group has been closed for 4 weeks. We have 2 joining this week which is week 5 but we are all returners. It seems odd to have newbies and returners together but the counsellor I go to has small numbers so maybe the bigger groups manage this. It will be interesting to see how this works. The counselling is similar to the first time round but more in depth. For us the counselling lasts about 3/4 hour but I wish it was just a bit longer. It's still really useful though. I'm not sure if that is of any help. Am happy to answer anything I can. Good luck to you and it'll be great to follow your journey too.xx

14. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Thanks for all you info! Well I go tues night....so not long now till I find out!
    I just wanna start now.......

15. Snoop704

Snoop704 Full Member

Hope all went well last night Tia
    Dorothy x

16. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Yes wasn't as scary as I thought! Group seems ok!

17. Snoop704

Snoop704 Full Member

Glad it went well

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Thank you! Now about to Starr day 2 :)

20. MrsBurgundy

Start Weight:
    14st8.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.6lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Hope you're doing ok hon?! I know the first 3 days for me were a bit pants!! I was feeling awful and in such a mood for a lot of it - although i think that's mostly because i had a cold as well!!!

Glad to hear you're doing alright though! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.