Hello

Mini_Mimi

Hi everyone,
Hope you're all well.
I'm currently just over 14 stone and hoping to lose 6 stone in total. Will be using slim and save (if I stick to it;)) and also a little exercise at the gym. I have an event in June, so hoping to lose as much weight as possible by then, if I can be 10 stone by then I will be overjoyed.
Anyway thought I'd introduce myself. I look forward to experiencing this journey with you guys :)

Does this event mean a new outfit? That's what I hate about events/outings etc, trying to but a new outfit that is respectable, looks good, doesn't cost too much, will fit again and is something you would want to wear. Are you enjoying the gym and an suggestions for someone like me who hates it.
Keep going and best wishes.

Hi Mini_Mimi, I've just started Slim and Save as well, also for an event in June, also just over 14 stone and hoping to drop a few! Are you on their facebook support group? They're really helpful.

Hi Tipperary,
Ooo well if I reach my goal weight I will definitely be treating myself to a new outfit, as much as I hate shopping!
I'm actually enjoying the gym, absolutely dreaded going and to be honest was petrified. Really unfit and most exersise I've done in the past is long distance power walking. I think the key is to set little goals and not see it as a chore. I thought I'd feel embarrassed about sweating and being bright red but it makes me feel good, means I'm actually working out. Seeing the calories burned go up on the screen is such a great motivator too. And I find after stressful day, gym helps take my mind of things. Give it a go, I say xx

Hi RachelJane,
Ah thats cool, we're on the same VLCD and same weight. I'm not, unfortunately I don't have Facebook so just using this website. How are you finding it so far? Xx

First day finished and found it really easy, not like a diet at all. I really like all the products (well, all the ones I've tried so far!) I've got a cross trainer at home and I've been going on that as I don't live near a gym and don't have a car, hopefully that will tone things up a bit as well. Looking forward to heading through this with you!

I'm actually enjoying the gym, absolutely dreaded going and to be honest was petrified.

And I find after stressful day, gym helps take my mind of things. Give it a go, I say xx

I have just renewed my membership to our local leisure centre...for a year. Normally I take out 3 month membership for the pool only but I am currently unemployed and they offer a discounted rate for the year, so I have been saving since Christmas and went for it. I think I will stick with the pool for about 4 weeks and then get them to give me a fitness test and do out a programme for me for the gym. I don't like all the cardio stuff, the bikes and treadmills, but I do like the weights for toning, strength and suppleness. I really enjoy swimming but I also do aqua jogging which is a full body workout in the pool. The gym might be nice for a change though and maybe some core stability exercises.

Keep going Mini Mimi and the some of us might get to copy you.

First day finished and found it really easy, not like a diet at all. I really like all the products (well, all the ones I've tried so far!) I've got a cross trainer at home and I've been going on that as I don't live near a gym and don't have a car, hopefully that will tone things up a bit as well. Looking forward to heading through this with you!

Glad you found it easy. Which ones have you tried so far? I looove the peanut butter shakes although I have a mild intolerance to peanuts so shouldn't really have them.
I planned to start this diet a few times before and didn't last a day but for some reason it's really easy this time. Think I've been feeding my kids more though :D. Only bit I'm finding tricky is waiting for results!! Bit impatient. Can't wait to put before and "during" photos.
Cross trainers are great, I'm sure it'll really help toning.

I have just renewed my membership to our local leisure centre...for a year. Normally I take out 3 month membership for the pool only but I am currently unemployed and they offer a discounted rate for the year, so I have been saving since Christmas and went for it. I think I will stick with the pool for about 4 weeks and then get them to give me a fitness test and do out a programme for me for the gym. I don't like all the cardio stuff, the bikes and treadmills, but I do like the weights for toning, strength and suppleness. I really enjoy swimming but I also do aqua jogging which is a full body workout in the pool. The gym might be nice for a change though and maybe some core stability exercises.

Keep going Mini Mimi and the some of us might get to copy you.

Thats great. Well done. For a year too, fantastic. I wasn't that brave haha, although hope to still be going in a years time. Swimming is such a fantastic way to exersise, as is weight training. Do you have someone show you how to do the weights? I have some weights in the shed, but no clue what I'm doing with them, I'd probably do more harm than good :D

Do you have someone show you how to do the weights? I have some weights in the shed, but no clue what I'm doing with them, I'd probably do more harm than good :D

No weights at home but at the gym the staff will take me through it all if I want.

Back