Are you a sweet or a savoury person?

• Sweet

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Savoury

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

NinaSadie

Hi all... hope you're doing well today.

Just thought I'd write a quick first post. I joined Slimming World this week, and while searching the internet for dieting help and recipes, I kept finding myself on this site. Everyone seems nice (and knowledgeable!) so I thought I'd join up too.

I have lost large amounts of weight previous to this (6/7 stone at a time), sometimes with Slimming World, so I know what's involved more or less. This time I think I need to remain a member even at target to ensure it doesn't come back on. I want this time to be the last time I lose it.

Looking forward to getting to know you, and how your journeys are going.

Hi NinaSadie, I joined here today too. I'm in my second week of slimming world and to be honest I got off to a slow enough start ( it seems old habits are hard to break for me!)
I'd be grateful for any tips you pick up along the way :) and vice versa

Hi Ms Skittles :)

I saw your post in the slimming world section and was in the middle of replying before I got dragged away.

It's difficult to change habits, for sure, but worth it when the weight starts coming off. You'll feel fantastic, and you'll just want more and more. Have you tried Slimming World before?

As for tips, I don't know how much my ideas are worth, but...

I use UHT skimmed milk for my allowance because it tastes creamier in your coffee.

Essentials are free yogurts, Frylight spray, frozen fruit and tinned veg. I put fruit on my muesli b choice when I have muesli for breakfast.

I need convenience in a diet, so I'll often find the instant things that are free, like Smash, or Mild Curry Rice and noodles. Some of those mug shots are free too. And some pasta&sauce if you use milk from your allowance to make them.

If you haven't come across sin free chips yet... *g*

I really love the Chicken Noodle soup recipe. Let me know if you haven't got it, as it's free and filling, but delicious if you feel like cooking and have time! Plus, it's insanely easy.

Back