Hello

htrix

I'm very, very pleased to have found this site- I don't have anyone to diet with in real life and I'm clueless on all things nutritional, so the support and tips exchanged here will be most helpful!

A little about me: I'm 25 (26 next week!), and I used to have a lovely, trim little figure, but over the last five or six years I've gradually piled on the pounds. The trouble is, I have a sweet tooth and I love food. My downfall was cake, Maple & Pecan Plaits, Cinnamon Swirls, and White Choc Chip Cookies. Mmmmm.....caaaaake......:sigh:

Anyway, over time I went from 8stone 7lbs to my current weight of approximately 12stone 7lbs (I can't be sure since I don't actually own a pair of scales, and can't afford to buy any until next week). Although I will miss cookies and cake desperately, I've decided to do something about it. Being overweight is making me unhappy, and that just isn't worth the fleeting pleasure of a white chocolate chip. I've also found the last few months hard because I've started university, and being surrounded by thin and pretty 18-year-olds all day long has really made me take a look at myself. It hasn't half given my ego a knock...

So, here I am. I hope to become a part of this community and to make some friends!

LOVE YOUR WOBBLES! :gen126:

p.s. How do I upload an avatar? I tried the link under profiles but for some reason it wouldn't work....

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the forum. You have made the first step by getting your head into the right place! Have you thought about HOW you want to lose the weight? Cutting down the 'fleeting pleasure' stuff will be a really good start x

Hi and welcome, you won't be able to load an avatar and stuff until you've done 25 posts or something like that.

Hi welcome to the forum. You have made the first step by getting your head into the right place! Have you thought about HOW you want to lose the weight? Cutting down the 'fleeting pleasure' stuff will be a really good start x

Well, I'm just calorie counting at the moment, making sure that I'm consuming 1,200 or less each day and upping my exercise. The calorie counting part is easy, but the exercising is not! I've never had a regular execise routine in my life, and since I'm a student I can't afford to join a gym. Also, I'm quite a heavy smoker, so running is out of the question- it hurts my chest! Right now I'm just walking more (around 4 miles a day, briskly- is that enough?) and exercising in my room when no one's looking!

When you start exercising you have to start off small and build it up. Try to cut down the smoking as that wont help at all! And the money you save could go towards gym membership! Have you tried your local councils gym at the leisure centre? They often do cheaper membership for students. For instance, my local council do gym, swim and classes membership for £17.40 for concessions. Walking is a great start though and Totnes is quite hilly isn't it? You might be able to get some more info here Leisure Centres

Back