Hellooo Newbie to low-carb, is there a weekly weight in?

kazt_74

Hellooo ho

Been having a gander at Atkins posts, is there a weekly weight in that I could pwease join?

I don't have scales at home, I use the ones at work because they're calibrated (evil speakers of the truth...pah!)

ALSOOO (sorry for question overload) does anyone do the Bodyrock TV thing? the 12 minute workout. I keep looking at it and thinking WoW! that's really effective, but never get round to doing it, it would be great motivation if there were a few followers that could motivate me :)

I love the philosophy behind atkins, and am looking for a lifestyle change rather than a diet

Got 10lbs to loose, am not in a hurry but would love to add exercise in there as I don't do nuffink in that department. I'm hypothyroid, maintained on meds and from what I've read low-carbing suits this perfectly because of my pants metabolism.

Many thanks!

Kx:confused:

sorry also, also meant to say im on a tight shopping list budget too and live with two carbaholic boys who are incapable of functioning without them...

? maybe theres a thread on here for recipes i can do to suit us all, just a bit of tweaking for me

TY

K

Hi and welcome.

atkins is also a lifestyle choice for me although I do have a lot more to lose than you :) so I will try to answer some of your questions.

there is a weekly weigh in thread which a lot of us use - it's called Saturday weigh in club :) sorry I can't post the link from the I pad but if you look at the threads list it's usually fairly near the top under the stickies.

also have a look at the stickies at the top of the page, there is a recipe thread in there which has some good ideas and a lot of us also post our daily menus in our diaries so you can see what everyone else is eating.

atkins needn't be expensive if you are careful. My husband loves carbs and eating together works quite well for us. I cook us the same proteins like roast chicken or whatever and some green veg for us both then i'll just do some extra carbs for my hubby ( like a pan of potatoes or pasta depending on what we are eating ) or if it's something like curry or mince I'll fry both of our meat with spices and veg (spring onion and mushrooms or whatever) then I'll separate it into two portions and do a different sauce for each of us. Cream based for me and tomato based for him i find it easy and it only takes a few seconds. Also we have worked out substitutes for nearly everything on here - celeriac can be roasted, mashed or chipped like potatoes. Cauliflour can also be mashed or made into rice. Courgettes sliced very thinly can be used as noodles or spaghetti.

Anyway sorry for rambling on - hope that helps a bit xx

Back