Hellooo : )

RosieJW

Hi!

I just thought I'd introduce myself!

I'm Rosie, 24, and I've just started the Cambridge diet today but it's went horrifically!

I'm hoping I'll do a lot better tomorrow as I'm at work, however it's just my head always thinking "oh I want this" or "oh I want that" And I just can't seem to get rid of the voices telling me I need food! Does that make sense to anyone or am I just sounding like a raving lunatic?

Anyway, I've suffered with weight gain since being about 17, I broke my ankle and stayed in the house for 2 months with nothing but food for comfort, then I met my (now ex) and the relationship was mostly just eating, now I can see he wanted me bigger so i wouldn't leave him, needless to say I woke up and realised how controlling he was!

Anyway, I'm going on holiday this year for two weeks in St. Tropez, then I'm going to Sweden for three months in August and I'd just love to go feeling good about myself which is why I decided to start this diet again after failing it a few years ago and the same with LighterLife.

Does anyone have any advice about how they ignore the voices in their head about wanting food? Will my relationship with food change after being on this diet for a few days? Or does it take weeks?

Also, what are your approx weight losses? I'm looking for about a 5 stone loss in 8/9 weeks, but I think I might be a bit ahead of myself so I'd be happy with loosing three stone, but by august I'd like to get to at least a 6 stone loss!

I feel like I'm rambling a bit now! But I'm sure it'll be nice to get to know you all the longer I spend here!

:)

Hi!

I just thought I'd introduce myself!

I'm Rosie, 24, and I've just started the Cambridge diet today but it's went horrifically!

I'm hoping I'll do a lot better tomorrow as I'm at work, however it's just my head always thinking "oh I want this" or "oh I want that" And I just can't seem to get rid of the voices telling me I need food! Does that make sense to anyone or am I just sounding like a raving lunatic?

Anyway, I've suffered with weight gain since being about 17, I broke my ankle and stayed in the house for 2 months with nothing but food for comfort, then I met my (now ex) and the relationship was mostly just eating, now I can see he wanted me bigger so i wouldn't leave him, needless to say I woke up and realised how controlling he was!

Anyway, I'm going on holiday this year for two weeks in St. Tropez, then I'm going to Sweden for three months in August and I'd just love to go feeling good about myself which is why I decided to start this diet again after failing it a few years ago and the same with LighterLife.

Does anyone have any advice about how they ignore the voices in their head about wanting food? Will my relationship with food change after being on this diet for a few days? Or does it take weeks?

Also, what are your approx weight losses? I'm looking for about a 5 stone loss in 8/9 weeks, but I think I might be a bit ahead of myself so I'd be happy with loosing three stone, but by august I'd like to get to at least a 6 stone loss!

I feel like I'm rambling a bit now! But I'm sure it'll be nice to get to know you all the longer I spend here!

:)

Hi Hun, welcome

Well, I guess you realise those voices are just that, your brain and not your belly, so really you just gotta be strong since the only way you will ever be able to lose weight is to ignore them. It's really hard something but if it helps it took about 2 month for those voices to really come and haunt me on plan, but I was very determined, and you need to give your all to this to succeed!

Unfortunately that loss Is unrealistic in the time scale, but if you are on soul source, 100% you can expect to loose just over 2 stone in that time, which will still make quite an impact on the way you look and feel.

Average loss is 1 stone per month, take a look at my signature, it will give you a good idea of how losses can be sticking to it.

But still, 6 months in the grand scheme of things isn't bad for getting to target, and it's really worth it.

What's your starting weight?

Hi I'm Caren and I started on Wednesday and its getting easier every day. When you hear the voices just distract yourself and look at the most awful picture of yourself you can, soon gets you back on track. I'm going on holiday on July 4th so hoping for a 3 stone loss by then another 2 stone by oct as I get married in dec. good luck Hun and stay strong.
I lost 4.5 stone on lighter life 3 years ago and kept it off until I had my youngest who's now 11 months, so I know I can do it again! When your clothes start getting loose and you go down the sizes it's a great motivation to keep going x

Hello Rosie,

Today is day 6 for me, I can not beleive I have gotten this far actually... Day one was a diabolical disaster for me as by the end of the day I was feeling really ill and telling myself that this was ridiculous. I went to bed having had a tin of tuna, a full fat pepsi and a banana!!! I woke up feeling like a complete failure but decided to draw a line under it and carry on. I spoke to my CDC who suggested I step up as I was SS+ option A. I decided to stay on SS+ but move to option B. For me its been a life saver as it was good to know I could have that one high protein meal a day and I could sit with my kids at dinner time to eat.

Yesterday I returned to work and i had all the voices in my head screaming at me and telling me that there are other ways to diet that allow you to eat or have a few treats here and there.. I got so angry with the world yesterday and hated this diet! i stuck to it keeping my weigh-in in mind and then by the end of the day I reflected on how I had felt and realised that if i was doing an ordinary diet and allowed myself to have a treat yesterday it would have resulted in 2 celebration chocolates, a piece of homemade cake and a chinese on the way home... I suddenly became very aware of how bad that would have been calorie wise and realised that it was the strictness of this diet that I needed now. It may help with the voices if you take stock of everything you would have had if you were not on the diet and reflect on it at the end of the day... it may give you a new appreciation for the diet. It did for me.

I also read an old post this morning on one of the forums saying that this has to become a choice... not feel like a prison sentence. Its so true, yesterday it felt like a prison sentence but by the end of the day I was choosing to stay on it to lose the weight and that for now it was ok to no eat the foods I used to. its made me more positive and easier to cope with the diet.

I hope this helps in some way, it definitely gets easier as the days go by... I have a diary in the diary section where I write everything I have felt or found over the last 6 days... have a read it might help, or make you laugh i have had some pathetic moments. Also found writing a daily dairy here has helped a lot.

Good Luck and stay strong, you can do it xxxx

Hi Rosie!
Welcome aboard, i'm on week 3 now and it really does get easier, there is no hunger but you still have cravings!
the main motivation I use is that i want to be smaller more than i want that burger/chocolate/pack of crisps!
The main thing to remember is why you're doing this, find a way to remind yourself, maybe a picture, may be a memorie and use that to keep you going.

YOU GOT THIS!

Owen :)

Back