Induction Help a few questions from newbie

I am brand sparkly new to atkins never ever done it before.
I have the atkins book and atkin recipe book and am slowly getting my head around it. I doubt I will have lots of questions in the next month or so but for now.....these all relate to induction BTW
1) getting my head around carbs and nets carbs. Just please clarify that in the UK we totally ignore net carbs and where a recipe says net carbs we just treat that as carbs?

2) bacon and gammon.... Now I seem to read conflicting info on these. Are these a free for all or do we have to be careful? Is there a brand of back that is better than others? Smoked/unsmoked is there a difference?

3) full fat cheese inc babybell? As long as we don't go mad are we ok with them?

4) sugar free cordial like sugar free vimto am I ok with this? I can't drink plain water.

Thanks all for your help and happy new year

yellowfurbaby said:
I am brand sparkly new to atkins never ever done it before.
I have the atkins book and atkin recipe book and am slowly getting my head around it. I doubt I will have lots of questions in the next month or so but for now.....these all relate to induction BTW
1) getting my head around carbs and nets carbs. Just please clarify that in the UK we totally ignore net carbs and where a recipe says net carbs we just treat that as carbs?

2) bacon and gammon.... Now I seem to read conflicting info on these. Are these a free for all or do we have to be careful? Is there a brand of back that is better than others? Smoked/unsmoked is there a difference?

3) full fat cheese inc babybell? As long as we don't go mad are we ok with them?

4) sugar free cordial like sugar free vimto am I ok with this? I can't drink plain water.

Thanks all for your help and happy new year

Hey and welcome :)

I just count the carbs not the net carbs :)

I eat normal bacon everyday and have no problem, all depends on the person, not sure about smoked and gammon though as i don't like it :)

Again cheese everyone is different but as a general rule full fat is fine if not overdone, including babybells.

Atkins would not recommend cordial , but I have it as i cant drink plain water either and I am fine, I usually use robinsons sugar free though, may have to be carefull with vimto.

Hope this has helped!

Good luck with your Atkins journey :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bacon is sometimes made with sugar, maple cured, sweet cured and these have to be avoided. I usually eat unsmoked streaky bacon as I think the fat is the best part but thats just me. As for cheese you should be going with the atkins advice and limiting to 3-4oz a day some people have noticed stalling if they regularly go over this (me included) Im not sure about the vimto cordial but all these "no added sugar" squashes still do have sugar from the fruit that they contain. Most also contain citric acid which is known to stall some people. In saying that though, there is a good few people on here who drink squash daily and have had great losses so YMMV. Good luck xx

Good luck :) I have 2.5 stone to go, we can do it
:D :D

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome Furbaby, and good luck with low carb :)

As per the advice above, it's all spot on - cheese can definitely stall some people so have your daily allowance to start with and see how you get on. Ditto the cream allowance.

I think you're OK to eat gammon and bacon at will - but they are both high in salt, so I tend to stick to bacon a few times a week.

Back