Help a sinner!

Gellibee

Home help required!

I'm starting back on Slimming World today. A couple of years ago I lost 2 stone without too much of a struggle. I am now going back on the diet, but doing this on my own as I have all the books etc and can't bear to go to my local class, which, frankly, is a bore. I am now 51 years old and am back to my original weight of 12st 3. Really depressed. Can't fit in any of my size 14 skirts and, because of the hot weather was forced to buy a size 16 - which is tight!

I am an angel during the day, but at night I turn into a devil and fancy a glass of wine, which gives me the munchies!!

Does anybody have this problem, and if so, what have you done to overcome it???

Look forward to hearing from a reformed sinner!!
;)

P.S. Am also new to this site and will take a while to get to grips with it. Registered a year ago, but never did anything with it - until now!

Hey well done on starting back sw plan . I just started yesterday . I am the same as you, great during day but terrible at night. Drink was causing me to eat loads at night, so i stopped drinking, and at night i sit an munch apples and stuff. Not drank for about 3mths but this is me just starting to eat healthily now. Good luck with your weightloss x

Apples???? But well done for the 3 months! I gave up for the whole of February, but ended up replacing the wine with chocolate and so did not lose any weight at all LOL! However, I will have a go at eating fruit tonight instead. I am on a 'green' day today.

Pray for me!

i like to nibble on savoury stuff in the evening....so i have some quavers....only 4.5 syns per bag! and if you like to nibble on choc have a curly wurly....6 syns.

My life savers are highlights hot chocolate (2 syns) I drink very little milk during the day to save it for a milky hot chocolate with a sweetener so it's very sweet the fudge highlights are to die for!! this and a packet of velvet crunch (4 syns) I defo find these keep my munchies at bay. As for alcohol I'm usually a typical binge drinker and save it for the weekend but as I'm trying to crack down on the alcohol - recently got in the habit of sitting drinking bottles of lager with the OH naughty naughty!! so my tip is to have an ice cold slim line tonic with sliced lime and ice makes me feel like I'm having a drink for some reason (think cos you usually can't taste vodka with tonic it's tricking my mind!)

I have never been a snacker (too worried about my teeth!) but I know that plenty of people like to save syns and healthy extras for supper or snacks in the evenings.

If you want to cut out snacking altogether there are a few things you can do - what time do you eat dinner and is it filling enough? If you eat very early then might it be worth putting dinner back a bit later so you're not physically hungry? If your dinners don't contain much protein then you won't feel full for very long afterwards. Similarly, if they contain a lot of white carbs - huge portions of pasta or rice, then after the initial peak, the slump can feel like hunger even though you've eaten loads.

What do you 'do' in the evenings? If you're watching TV try reading or pottering in the kitchen or knitting or any other hobby for a few nights to get you out of the routine of evening = TV = wine = snacks.

Have you thought about trying low alcohol wine? Then if it gives you munchies you still have some syns left!

Or maybe try vodka or gin with slimline tonic. It's still less syns than wine!

Hi Gemma

Thanks for the advice about the tonic. Think I'll do as you advise - save my sins and have a couple of drinks at the weekend to give me something to look forward to. I don't want to live like a nun!

I think evenings are hard for most of us! I save my syns for a chocolate options (2 syns) and a choc n fudge alpen light (3 syns each or 2 as a heb). Lush and satisfies the choc craving :)

I try to have cold fruit from the fridge with yoghurt int the evening and the if I am still desperate I have a 2 finger Kitkat, or a curly wurly. On a really bad day I have been known to have both !

Back