Help and advice please

laurenista

Hi all
Been finding it hard sticking to plan when having early starts at uni.
The problem is I get up at 6 have my breakfast, then consequently end up eating every meal earlier then normal and feel really hungry in the evenings! I have gone off plan a couple of times due to this and would appreciate any help you can give me

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How many snacks are you having? You could, for instance, either have a snack at 6 a.m. and breakfast later in the morning if you have time, or breakfast at 6 and a snack at 9 or so, then lunch at lunchtime, an afternoon snack, dinner and an evening snack if you need one?

Also, I always try to make sure I have 'friendly' food in the house so that if I do wind up hungry I can easily eat something that is still on plan.

Thanks plum
What low gl friendly foods do you keep in?
I'll have to work out which way is best for breakfast cos I definitely am enjoying this diet an wouldn't want to change or mess it up

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tub of cottage cheese or yoghurt, I have a small scoop with sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Peanut butter or nuts with an apple or pear. Mini babybels or string cheese. If I 'need' something crispy, a food doctor cracker or oatcake with PB, hummus, laughing cow or Philly, or a bag of oaty bakes and mini Philly tub. Cut up veg sticks plus a dip. Bit of mozzarella to have with tomatoes or small amount of avocado. Hardboiled eggs. I also have little crustless quiche cups and 'healthier' flapjacks in the freezer, so if really hungry could defrost one of those. Personally for me, if I get too hungry then it all goes to pot, so I'd rather add in another snack that won't spike my blood sugar and maybe be slightly over my calories for the day as the less harmful option. :)

Edit: forgot also sometimes I cook a pack of vegetarian sausages and leave them in the fridge to have cold if needed.

Last edited:
Back