Help, another gain??

Sarah2439

I'm seriously in danger of throwing in the towel, I weighed myself again this morning and I've gained another 1/4lb, arrrgggghhhh!!!!:banghead:

If I don't eat enough could I regain weight, because I know I've not cheated at all?? The other thing is that my wee (sorry!!) was really yellow this morning which would suggest I havent drunk enough, even though I know I have had 1 litre of water at the gym and 3 pints at home through out the day along with 4 or 5 coffees and a diet coke???

Yesterday I ate 2 lemon muffins for breakfast, 6 slices of ham and 6 slices of chicken, then prawns and mint yoghurt for tea?? I wasnt particularly hungry and just ate when I was.

I dont know what to do, I really dont want to give up but I'm thinking whats the point at the moment!!

Not sure if not eating enough would cause a gain but it will definitely cause you to stall and imo I don't think you ate enough yesterday :(

The gain could be water retention from salty ham...I would try to avoid sliced meats, especially packaged ones, and stick to home cooked meats. I use to have days where I would have a 6oz steak for brekkie and a full chicken breast for lunch.....hmmm I miss those days. Must head to the butcher tomorrow :p

Don't throw in the towel yet. Dukan is a great diet, you just have to be super careful about anything that might be even remotely processed. Stick to stuff from the butchers and your local veggie place and you'll be on the downward slope in no time :D

Last edited:
Personally I wouldnt weigh myself everyday as body weight can flucuate from day to day, and the changes dont always mean losing/gaining fat.

I havent lost any weight since Monday despite sticking to the plan. Ive currently got my TOTM though and my legs are achey from the gym so I have some serious water retention going on I think. Im not too worried about it, Im carrying on with it and Ill see where I am next Friday. Do try to do the same, keep with the plan and you will be successful over time xx

Sarah calm down, don't throw the towel in reading what you've ate you need more pure protien....get a chicken into you or salmon, up your water, ham is high in salt, try and drop it, infact no prepacket meat....unless your out and caught out. Keep posting x

As everyone has said before - things can / will go up for more than one day in a row. Eat more protein. chicken, eggs, fish - cooked from scratch not from a packet because that contains hidden extras and definitely too much salt. Are you still on attack? Eat more leafy greens on PV days to get your digestion moving. From what you listed yesterday it looks like not enough. You need to consume about 2g of pure protein per kilo of body weight or your body will go into absolute starvation mode and desperately hang on to everything it's got. A whole chicken breast for example is only about 25-30gr protein.

If you are sticking to the rules you WILL LOSE in the longer term.

If you are concerned about what you eat post detailed menus (with vague quantities) into the menus thread and someone will be able to tell you if you're doing it right. If we all gave up after 2 non-perfect days none of us would have made it to where we are now.

Agree with all of the above but most important is to ditch the pre packed meat and get fresh cook your own!!! Also eat alot more - get looking at some recipes on here - meatballs with xlite philly sauce, or fish/chicken/steak with the same...... I am having chicken/ swede/carrot/mushroom and onion x lite philly sauce for lunch and steak and salad for dinner and my muffins throughout the day, may also have some tofu creme and rhubarb and believe me I will be full to the gunnels!!!!!! Good luck and don't give in - also no more weighing for a week and always weigh after a PP day - I have PP weekends as I weigh on a Monday (my day off) which means I have a slightly Dukan indulgent PV Monday but all good stuff!!!

Thanks for your help and support guys, and sorry about the two day wobble. I'm trying to stay positive, and we'll see what happens on Monday weigh in, I'm not gonna weigh myself again until then.

I had a galette and yoghurt for breakfast, im having fresh salmon and salad for lunch with roast chicken and salad for dinner.

I'm back at work tomoz, so wont have time to dwell on my weight over the next few days.

Hi Sarah,

I have been like yourself thinking that maybe I was not eating enough my weight has not been shifting over the last few days even though I have stuck to it 100%, but we do seem to have something in common with the pre packed ham.... I have just decided that I am going to buy a ham and cook this myself and stay off the pre packed stuff.
I will report back in a couple of days and see if this makes a difference.

Keep with it and see what happens.

Joan

Also - can I just ask where you are in your cycle? In the 10 days before my period I used to gain as much as 5 lbs in extra water - all of which would disappear with 24 hours of starting.

And if it is water retention - presalted prepacked meat is only going to make it worse.

Go out, buy a whole chicken, cook it and eat it (minus the skin and wings of course).

Also - can I just ask where you are in your cycle? In the 10 days before my period I used to gain as much as 5 lbs in extra water - all of which would disappear with 24 hours of starting.

I'm only 12 days into my cycle so definately not TOM gain, I always gain a few pounds too normally the week running up to it!!

I have been a model dukaner today:angel09:, no pre packed ham n lots and lots of water. I've decided I'm gonna do what I did in the first two weeks (mainly chicken, salmon, steak and oatbran Gakette with no wheat bran) and see what Monday holds.

Thanks for your support, it really is appreciated.

And Sarah is back in the room!! lol,

You sound like your back on track now, we are all going to have times when we have fab losses, and times when they are not so good, but always keep you eye on the bigger picture, the overall loss that is.

Dont forget you have to increase the fluid intake if your doing lots of exercise too.

Good luck, fingers crossed for Monday. Cx

Back