Help! Becoming addicted to clothes shopping

formyson

Having been plus size all of my adult life I have always hated shopping. Recently, after losing over 6 stone with cwp I've found that I spend 99% of my time thinking about clothes, looking online and even dreaming about all these lovely new clothes!
As I still have about 3-4 stone to go would it be silly to buy lots of even smaller clothes now to wear later? Do any of you do that?

Or am I best to stay strong and wait, don't want to set myself up to fail by putting myself under pressure!

Well done on your fantastic weight loss!

After losing 6 stone you are probably now finding that you drop a size with every stone or less and on CWP that means every month.

If you can buy new smaller clothes at low cost go for it...plenty of sales on now so you should be able to get some good bargains and stock up on the smaller sizes so that you have them as you shrink down...Ebay and charity shops are worth a try as well and remember when you are finished you can put them on Ebay and try and recoup some of the money spent to help towards some new clothes.

I would not buy lots in the one size... just a few things to keep you going until you move down to the next size.

Smaller clothes is a reward for all your hard work and it will help you feel good about yourself and it will keep you motivated to move down the next size.

Thanks Mini, good advice x
it is really exciting, I am a bit sad that I missed out on wearing what I wanted in my twenties though!

Maybe I should work on buying shoes and handbags for the time being!

Your feet also lose weight so I would stick with the handbags...a girl can't have too many handbags:D

my feet have gone down 1.5 sizes....from a size 7 to a size 5.5! Typical!

Ebay!!! ebay and primark!

My feet shrank and then got bigger again with the water retention. I've just had to buy my second pair of jeans in as many weeks. I got 16s, they were tight and then suddenly one day got all baggy on me. Tried on the 14s, they fit. Even took a picture, I was so chuffed!

My feet shrank and then got bigger again with the water retention. I've just had to buy my second pair of jeans in as many weeks. I got 16s, they were tight and then suddenly one day got all baggy on me. Tried on the 14s, they fit. Even took a picture, I was so chuffed!
Well done on your size 14 jeans!:wee:

I didn't realise you actually loose shoe size too!!!!! Suppose it make sense though. OOhhhhh Got to keep on track just to buy more shoes!! :)

Shoes do look nicer in smaller sizes, and just like clothes and underwear you can get so many cheaper and/or nicer things!
why didnt I do this years ago!

Agreed formyson,

I can't wait to try nice clothes on and the sale clothes!! and now shoes too,

I'm on my first weigh with weigh in tom. Feel confident and haven't cheated but have missed 2 products out the last 2 days ( didn't realise the time/ busy / then late when I got in)

So, hopefully that hasn't done lots of damage, it wasn't intentional but I didn't miss it and wasn't that hungry. (Never happened before) Maybe never again.

:)

Back