• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

HELP-Cambridge Bars query......

Ok so I had my 1st peanut bar yesterday (which was lovely) but god am io suffering for it today.

I have had terrible trapped wind and am badly constipated as well,has anyone else had similar problems after eating a bar?

I broke it into about 10 pieces and ate it over 1/2 hr or so at my desk in work. Also made sure I drank lots of water inbetween each piece so not sure why I am suffering so much today.

Tummy is so swollen I look like I am 6 mths pregnant again.

All advice and problems shared is appreciated.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
sadly some people do find that the bars cause trapped wind.
i would try some hot peppermint tea to ease the symptoms, and maybe a soak in a hot bath, massaging ur tummy to help move the wind.
if u have any deflatine or similar i would also consider that.
trapped wind can be a pain but will usually work its way out with a little gentle persuasion.
hope u feel better soon

one more thing, it is unusual to my knowledge for the bars to cause constipation. in fact its the one part of cd that can cause the opposite.
have u been constipated for a while? and are u taking regular fibre supplements?

Peanut bars are nice but can have these effects. I tend to have one and simultaneously take a Windeze capsule. Sorts out the problems very nicely, and leave you free to enjoy the Snickers-like sensation of the bar.

Re constipation, try Fibre 89 or psyllium husks. BUT not until you've been and need to restore some regularity to avoid a next time! Drink more water until you go and then take preventive measures like fibre.

Thanks ladies for the advice.

Cheryl-did try the massage thingy when in the ladies loo in work but it wasn't budging.

Miss pinky- I suffered badly last week and for 2 days took fibergel,then 2 days on lactulose and after that failed i took 2 tablets for constipation and that got things moving within 10 hrs.
Problem is i haven't been since so have now had to take another 2 tablets so am waiting for them to take effect now.
Thinking I may have a few swigs of lactulose each day just to keep me regular as before cd i have been known to go as long as 9 days between going so it really is normal for me to not go often. (well if you can class that as normal) lol

are u taking fibre89 everyday?
i had to leave cd last year as a result of letting the constipation get so bad i was made to leave by my doctor. i didnt go at all for 15 days and had the threat of doctor sending me to hospital to be 'manually evacuated' :eek:. i didnt like the sound of that very much. lol
so , this time round im hitting it head on and leaving nothing to chance.

Ewww don't like the sound of that at all Cheryl,think i just need to keep taking the lactulose daily and the tablets if it gets bad again.
Am feelin a little better now but still only going a little prob once a week so think i'll chat to CDC about this at next WI.
Thanks for the advice and for sharing you experience with me xx

Guru

Silver Member
I suffered really badly with constipation. I have resorted to one dulcolax tablet once a week and that has sorted me out. I found two tablets gave me TERRIBLE tummy cramps. As I have a bar every day, and two tetras, I think it will be an ongoing problem although drinking lots of water does help.

I know what you mean guru,I am trying to limit how many bars i have in a week to 3 really and only use tetras if i am out and about.
Thats the tablets i have but as i work 3 days a week i dont like to take and form of laxative when im due to work.
Hate going toilet in public so constipation has always been a problem for me anyway.
Think i will just have a swig of lactulose each day and hope that works. x

Think i will just have a swig of lactulose each day and hope that works. x
Just as a warning and someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but lactulose is pure sugar and can interfer with the diet....I THINK!!! I was prescribed this, read the ingredients and went onto Dulcolax. I only ever have it on the weekend as i'm funny about public toilets too but 1 tablet should be enough to loosen you but not give you the cramps!

Hth hun
xx

i swear by movicol keeps me regular during ss and no pain or discomfort at all
i`m still to try the bars but others have said they can cause cramps i suppose its the solids hitting the stomach and your tummy isn`t used to it

Just as a warning and someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but lactulose is pure sugar and can interfer with the diet....I THINK!!! I was prescribed this, read the ingredients and went onto Dulcolax. I only ever have it on the weekend as i'm funny about public toilets too but 1 tablet should be enough to loosen you but not give you the cramps!

Hth hun
xx
ur right lizz, lactulose is pure sugar as it is a syrup.
my doctor tried prescribing that to me last year as i had it a few years back but i rung cambridge and they advised against it saying it would probably knock me out of ketosis and may restrict my losses.
they actually adviced a suppository but i didnt go for that either :jelous:.
i dont understand why people arent using fibre everyday to be honest. everyone is adviced to use fibre89, fibresure or benefibre to prevent constipation and all u do is throw a teaspoon of it (it is tasteless) into a cup of water/tea/coffee once a day