Help! Camping on Dukan - can you get by without a fridge?

Dukanista

Gold Member
I've got a long weekend coming up tomorrow (Chinese Dragon Boat Festival) and planned to go camping on Friday / Saturday. Now I'm worrying what I'm going to eat, as there seem to be very few dukan items that can live outside the fridge...

I guess I can take a cooler bag with icepacks for one day, but that won't last until Saturday. Any ideas? All I can think of so far is:

- tins of tuna (but no yoghurt dressing...)
- eggs (i can cook these on the gas stove)
- dried meat (dangerous as it's quite salty - but will have to do as an emergency snack)

are there any packet soups that are dukan-friendly?

Dukanista, are you cruise or attack?
If Cruise, I LOVE tins of sardines and mackerel in tomato sauce and how about making some veggie soup to keep in a flask/jar? Wouldn't need to be refrigerated.

Oh, and MUFFINS of course! :D

P x

thanks for the ideas, pauline! i'm in Cruise, supposed to be PV tomorrow and PP Saturday, but i could do 2 days PV and then an extra PP next week.

i haven't tried tinned sardines as i assumed there was too much sugar and/or salt in the tomato sauce. but it sounds like a very good option. The veggie soup sounds perfect too - I hope I have time to make it.

As for these muffins everyone is talking about, i think it's about time I found the recipe! I'm practically drooling already :p

Are you staying on a campsite as they usually have facilities to freeze your ice packs, when I go camping I pre cook my galettes to take with me and keep them in a cool box with ice packs

no, not a proper campsite louschu, although there is a small restaurant and they might well let me keep stuff in the fridge overnight.

pauline, i love you! scrounged around in the cupboard and found a tin of sardines in tomato sauce: 3.9% fat and 7.1% carbs so definitely good for Cruise. plus i found some tins of diced tomato and onion, and I think this will be delicious with a tin of tuna (and maybe a cheese wedge or 2). so i'm off to buy non-stick muffin pans now and will make those or galettes to take with. hooray!

Hooray!!

I just had tinned sardines and scrambled eggs for brekkie! Very antisocial but very yummy :D

P x

thanks for the reminder - i'll pack extra gum!

oooooo didnt know we could have sardines with tomato sauce...I loves them I do.....added to shopping list...STAT!!!!! xxx

Back