Help, chinese banquet

missRV

Wondering if anyone can indicate which sauce would be least synful (I have been on SW for ages but don't know squat about Chinese food) lol

Satay Sauce
Curry Sauce
Peking Sauce
Szechuan
kung po
salt and chilli pepper
green pepper and black bean
cashew nuts (bad I guess)
Ginger and spring onion
Mixed veg (guessing this one but if its cooked in loads of oil...)
Cantonese
sweet sour

Its a big family meal for my mum's birthday, I don't want to break my diet as I've only been properly on it for a week and already lost 4lbs, I know it will come piling back on if I go off it :)

I know black bean is good if not the best one out of them and sweet and sour being one of the worst xx hopefully someone can post to confirm/check lol

Thank you so much :) you've done so well...

I will eat pretty much anything other than being a veggie, but I'm sure veg isn't any more fat than chicken! My only experience of chinese food is either OK sauce or sweet and sour, and they're both big no nos

i'd be interested in finding out some facts on chinese food too...i dont like black bean :( will keep my eye on this thread x

Does anyone know the syn value of crispy shredded chili chicken? I've been searching for weeks and can only find the supermarket versions with syns online (which I'm guessing is way less greasy) but absolutely love it and want to save my syns up for some! (it's not in that other thread either)

Does anyone know the syn value of crispy shredded chili chicken? I've been searching for weeks and can only find the supermarket versions with syns online (which I'm guessing is way less greasy) but absolutely love it and want to save my syns up for some! (it's not in that other thread either)

Is the shredded chicken battered, like crispy beef? I wouldnt imagine it being ridiculously high much better than some things that are coated in batter or in a sauce, I think sweet chilli is generally quite reasonable so id imagine the chilli in this to be ok couldnt tell u the Syn Value :-( sorry xxx I'd personally have it as a one off treat and enjoy :)

Is the shredded chicken battered, like crispy beef? I wouldnt imagine it being ridiculously high much better than some things that are coated in batter or in a sauce, I think sweet chilli is generally quite reasonable so id imagine the chilli in this to be ok couldnt tell u the Syn Value :-( sorry xxx I'd personally have it as a one off treat and enjoy :)

Yes- that's the one. If anyone knows the syns for crispy beef or chicken would be great to know! They do seem to have something on them that makes them almost unidentifable as meat- some sort of batter or... who knows! Have had some terrible ones before but it's so irresistible at my local!

I think i know which ones u mean then, Id say have them as a treat/flexi syn but id imagine they would have been deep fried so probably really quite high in syns xx

Thank you so much for the link and the info :) we had a lovely night, it was a flexi night though :-/ but I went for veg chow mein, as a vegetarian it was the best option. Think in the whole day I had 20 syns.

Back