HELP! Could I be eating too much free food?

First of all I'd like to introduce myself - I'm fairly new here... hi everyone!

I've been following EE for about a month now, lost 3.5lbs in the first week and 1.5 in the second. I was so happy and motivated by these losses, and continued following the plan religiously.

I then moved 300 miles away from my group and my boyfriend. I started going to a new group straight away. On my third weigh in I maintained - I was so gutted. It's one thing to maintain if you've not been following the plan properly, but a completely different thing when you've tried really hard.

I weighed in again last night and lost 0.5lb. I'm still really disappointed... and been racking my brains as to why the plan doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I always weigh my healthy extras, I eat plenty of superfree foods, I never overdo my syns (in fact some days I don't use any).

I walk 2 miles everyday to get to and from work.

The only thing I can think is that I might be eating too much free food. I'm not used to only cooking for myself, so sometimes I eat seconds without feeling particularly hungry. Could this be affecting my weight loss?

I've been so upset by this... my consultant down here isn't very helpful. I've started to think that it doesn't work on me and maybe I'm meant to be overweight...

PLEASE HELP!

I would start using your syns, that's what they are there for, and if you don't have them what else can you cut back on as you get near target? I NEVER lose well if I don't have my full whack of syns, I'll bet you're not eating enough and you're under stress so give your body time to adjust xx

I would start using your syns, that's what they are there for, and if you don't have them what else can you cut back on as you get near target? I NEVER lose well if I don't have my full whack of syns, I'll bet you're not eating enough and you're under stress so give your body time to adjust xx

It feels so strange to be told to eat more crap to lose weight! But tonight, I'm going to use all my syns... could that really be what's stopping me lose weight?

Well said Judimac, i can relate to this, i had the same problem . Try not to stress about it to much ayshilychee. Keep sticking to SW plan 100% and it will work.

The first 2 weeks I did SW I was using all my syns and I lost 10.5lbs then this week I hardly used any and I only lost 2lbs, so I would agree, use between 10 and 15 of your syns a day and see where that leaves you! :) Good luck :)

Use your syns, you don't HAVE to use them all everyday but makes sure you have between 5 and 10. I cut mine back last week and STS, gone back to using the whole 15 this week, don't officially weigh in until tomorrow, but it looks like i've lost a 1lb this week. You could also be a slow loser, I am, but as long as it comes off thats good enough for me.

You also said you're eating when not hungry? Part of SW is to learn to stop when you're full so maybe that's part of it? Just an idea. You could always try bagging and freezing half the food you make (depending what it is) and then you have a nice easy tea for another night, and you don't have to cook :D

Thanks for all your help and support everyone! This weeks plan is to have at least 10 syns a day and to stop eating when I'm not actually hungry, even if it means throwing stuff away!

I'm having my healthy B in the mornings now and exchanging my lunch time pittabread/sandwich for the leftovers from the previous night (which I'd sometimes normally eat in one sitting).

So to sum it up, smaller meals and a few extra naughty treats!

Does anyone else have trouble stopping eating when they're full? I think it's because I'm lonely down here in the evenings.

Use your syns, you don't HAVE to use them all everyday but makes sure you have between 5 and 10. I cut mine back last week and STS, gone back to using the whole 15 this week, don't officially weigh in until tomorrow, but it looks like i've lost a 1lb this week. You could also be a slow loser, I am, but as long as it comes off thats good enough for me.

I wouldn't mind being a slow loser, but 1/2 lb in two weeks when I've worked hard and exercised is worse than just being slow!

I'd be happy with consistently losing 1 or 2lbs a week.

:flowers:Yeah, it's a bit disapointing when you have done all you think you can and don't get the loss you feel you deserve. Keep going chick you will get there eventually.

this is my second time around for Slimming world, I lost weight for my wedding then put it on and then I have started again.

First time around I lost the weight quickly and did not use syns etc so always felt hungry and miserable, this time i am loosing it slower but find I am using my syns and not feeling hungry so therefore feel I will be able to stick to the plan alot better this time. Fingers crossed.

So keep up the good work (slowly) :D

Re eating when you're already full. That sounds like appetite. Or boredom! It's obviously not hunger. You need to find something to do as you are probably lonely. Oh and syns don't have to mean crap! Do you get to see your man at weekends?

Re eating when you're already full. That sounds like appetite. Or boredom! It's obviously not hunger. You need to find something to do as you are probably lonely. Oh and syns don't have to mean crap! Do you get to see your man at weekends?

I think it's loneliness and boredom and just because it's there.

I know syns don't have to mean crap! Was being a bit silly :) I just thought it was funny to be told to eat more fattening foods to lose weight!

This week I've been making sure I average on at least 10 syns a day and have been trying my best to stop eating once I'm satisfied (I think this is something that will take me a while to master). But I've done much better this week than last week, that's for sure. I just hope it shows when I go to group tonight.

I'm really nervous. Don't think I can cope with another disappointment.

Good Luck for tonight, let us know how you do ;)

I lost 2lb this week! I won slimmer of the week and got my half a stone award! I'm absolutely buzzing! So pleased with myself!

Just celebrated by calling my boyfriend to tell him and eating a guilt free cornetto :)

Thanks for all your advice and support!

Back