Step 1 Sole Source + Help!!! Day 4 and seriously suffering

Bag_Lady

I'm on day 4 of ss+ and am seriously struggling. Can't stop crying, really irritable, just want to sleep and desperately hungry. Just feel like giving in :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Believe me, Day 4 is the worst. I promise you it will be easier tomorrow.
Today is the day where the psychological battle begins as your body adjusts to getting to ketosis.
Tomorrow you won't be hungry. You may want to eat, but it won't be because of hunger.

If you can, go to bed for a couple of hours with a book and just take yourself away from everything.
Stay strong, you will have blips (I did yesterday on Day 6!!) but you will be on your way to your goal.

Don't give up xx

Just endorsing Tilly's comments as felt exactly as you do last Sunday : and removing yourself physically and mentally ( bed or long soak in th bath) was what got me through the day. Didn't ever believe the hunger pangs, lethargy and headaches would go, but felt totally different by the Monday and when you have your first weigh in it will all be worth it. You can do this !! X

Keep busy......distract yourself as much as you can! Days 3/4 were the worst for me, after that it definitely does get easier xxxx

Im on day 4 too just been for walk with dog having a shake then going for nice shower just do things to keep mind occupied u can do it x

Day 4 was definitely the worst. Hang in there, as it WILL pass, and coming out the other side is SO worth it.

Go for a walk, have a bath, paint your nails, whatever you need to do to distract and keep going. And drink plenty of water.

You can do it! Xx

Day 3 was my bad day (yesterday) and I have woke up today a different person! You really do have to stick with it, believe that everyone has felt the same; it's textbook that you'll feel like this as your body goes into ketosis. Early night is required!! See you on the other side :)))

I will become the person I am in my head!!!

Eating is cheating ;-)

Day 3/4 is crap!!!!

I was tired, miserable and hungry. I just kept drinking the water and saying to myself 'I just need to get through today', once day 5 came along i was fine.
I'm now awaiting my first weigh in tomorrow and hoping for very positive results.
Remember this diet isn't supposed to be easy, and you will get to the point where you are actually saying 'I can't believe I'm not hungry, I should be hungry by now'.

Day 3/4 is crap!!!!

I was tired, miserable and hungry. I just kept drinking the water and saying to myself 'I just need to get through today', once day 5 came along i was fine.
I'm now awaiting my first weigh in tomorrow and hoping for very positive results.
Remember this diet isn't supposed to be easy, and you will get to the point where you are actually saying 'I can't believe I'm not hungry, I should be hungry by now'.

Exactly...and after that it is the psychological battle that you have to be careful with. I know... I've slipped a couple of times this weekend alone...but I am determined not to sabotage myself...if I slip, I slip and I get back onto it...no more binges!!

Day 3/4 is crap!!!!

Good luck with your first weigh in : let us know how you do ! x

Thanks ladies. I took your advice and kept busy. Took my boys to the cinema ! Roll on ketosis haha!! Good luck with your weigh ins :)

Thanks ladies. I took your advice and kept busy. Took my boys to the cinema ! Roll on ketosis haha!! Good luck with your weigh ins :)

Well done for hanging in there!! Hopefully u are feeling much better today and looking ahead to your first weigh in. x

Hey there. Im day 4 today and feel similar. Very irratible. (Please excuse the spelling). Are you feeling any better today? x

Hi ladies. Well day 5 started off ok but by about 5pm I had a banging headache, irritable and knackered! So had an early night but have woken feeling a little better today. Have been doing ss+ but I'm not the best at weighing and measuring food so I guess I might have been sabotaging it a bit! Next week I'm dropping to just ss but will have a bar as my evening "meal" :)

Hi ladies. Well day 5 started off ok but by about 5pm I had a banging headache, irritable and knackered! So had an early night but have woken feeling a little better today. Have been doing ss+ but I'm not the best at weighing and measuring food so I guess I might have been sabotaging it a bit! Next week I'm dropping to just ss but will have a bar as my evening "meal" :)

I'm not going to tell you anything you don't know, stick to the plan hunnie :D
Day 5 I still had a headache too so its perfectly normal.
I don't think thre is much difference between SS and SS+ as there are no carbs on SS+ either, so it might be that you could stick to SS+ if you stick to the portions :D

Hey, Bag Lady, so pleased you are feeling a bit better today.Have had early nights ever since started on the plan lol !! Lots of good advice on here which hopefully make things easier for you.Not long to that first weigh-in so stick with it! x

I had headaches for the first 10 days or so. I took paracetamol which helped a lot. I am on day 15 now and haven't had a headache for a few days now. You will get through it, you are doing great, a few more days and i bet your body will have adjusted completely and you will feel better than you have for years!

I agree with froggy it does get easier as u go on im on day 7 no headaches now and feeling fab first WI tonight hope its a goodun for my restart

Definitely gets better! I'm on week 18 now, and never get any of those awful symptoms now xx

Back