HELP diabetic & Coeliac on Weight Watchers Diet

Hi All,

I am new to this website and thought I'd join to get some support in my weight loss mission.

To start with I am 24, I have a 6 month old son and amongst my health problems I have diabetes (had this for 22 years) and coeliacs which was diagnosed when I was 7 months pregnant .

I joined a WW group on Tuesday and have been sticking to the Fast Start meals which I found really easy APART from having 3 hypos (even though I really lowered my insulin to acommodate dramatic change in diet) yes I have already spoken with both my diabetic consultant and my dietician and they are happy. But it leaves me frustrated that I am having to use points to treat these hypos, when others wouldn't.

I know it's going to take a couple of weeks to slowly reduce my insulin etc and get into a regime, but I don't want to lose track of my determination due to not losing weight initially when I'm being so strict and weighing and measuring everything to do it all right and honestly.

Sorry to go on, I just think I maybe need to hear from other people that they have the same problem and can offer me some support in that they've managed to lose weight with diabetes and or coeliacs.

Well done to all of you!
Thanks for listening ;)

Back