Help fallen off the wagon :-)

blondcarrot

Hi
Having been on SS for 5 weeks and been very strict I wanted to cook dinner for friends from work. As it was midweek dinner I wanted to prep in advance so I started shopping on Sat, cooking on Sunday in preparation for meal Tuesday, yesterday.

However, Monday I got a notification that my role is being made redundant. I've been on a secondment externally so it's not a total surprise that upon return to my company my role is no longer there. However, it creates some uncertainty. Same day my colleagues have to cancel due to personal & work reasons. So I'm left with food, all healthy salads etc but still I'm no good at wasting perfectly good food. I invited neighbours round and had lovely evening but ended up eating and having a glass of wine.

My worry is now that I have lost my focus and I really don't want to fall off but feel weak, scared that having too much time on my hands will make me crave food out of boredom! Still want to lose 2-3 stones before I stop...

Please give me some support, kick up the backside, share your story of how you've stayed committed thru troubled times...

Any posts will be much appreciated.

Thanks
BC xxx

I haven't been through any troubled times (touch wood) since I started SS+ 31 days ago, so not sure how I'd react.

All I would say is one little slip shouldn't set you back. Think of all the hard work and dedication you've put in so far. It would be such a shame to waste it.

So, chin up, try and keep busy and come on here when you're feeling bored or hungry and hopefully the negative feelings will pass.

Good luck and best wishes x

casablanca said:
I haven't been through any troubled times (touch wood) since I started SS+ 31 days ago, so not sure how I'd react.

All I would say is one little slip shouldn't set you back. Think of all the hard work and dedication you've put in so far. It would be such a shame to waste it.

So, chin up, try and keep busy and come on here when you're feeling bored or hungry and hopefully the negative feelings will pass.

Good luck and best wishes x

Thanks Casablanca - I want to nip it in the bud before I fall off completely! This is unknown territory for me and I think I'm in denial about it all... Went to the gym yesterday, trying to produce happy hormones lol. No excuse now I've got the time to go...

What else to fill up my day with besides applying for jobs? Something that costs no money? Any suggestions?

Whenever I feel hungry I do housework to distract me, My home has never been so clean!
Or take my son to the park, a spot of gardening, Maybe take up a hobby like crosstitching or knitting,
Keeps your hands busy and your mind off food :)
I personally have taken to making clothes, turns out I have a talent!! lol xx

Thanks Casablanca - I want to nip it in the bud before I fall off completely! This is unknown territory for me and I think I'm in denial about it all... Went to the gym yesterday, trying to produce happy hormones lol. No excuse now I've got the time to go...

What else to fill up my day with besides applying for jobs? Something that costs no money? Any suggestions?

Have you considered voluntary work until you find something? There are loads of charities out there. If you like dogs, for example, you could try a local animal shelter about dog walking. That way you would get some exercise in as well!

Good luck with it all x

ChrissyRiley said:
Whenever I feel hungry I do housework to distract me, My home has never been so clean!
Or take my son to the park, a spot of gardening, Maybe take up a hobby like crosstitching or knitting,
Keeps your hands busy and your mind off food :)
I personally have taken to making clothes, turns out I have a talent!! lol xx

Lol I've actually been cleaning every single day since my news. Also been going to the gym and walking instead of taking the bus, at least that's saving me money, passes time and gets me fit.

So cool you've found a talent!! I wouldn't have the patience to sow or knit :)

I'm thinking I will start selling stuff I don't use on eBay - might get me a few bops as well as clearing out the cupboards... Or get round the London museums for free exhibits... Definitely can't sit at home doing nothing...

casablanca said:
Have you considered voluntary work until you find something? There are loads of charities out there. If you like dogs, for example, you could try a local animal shelter about dog walking. That way you would get some exercise in as well!

Good luck with it all x

When I've looked at voluntary work in the past, whilst in work mind you, they wanted commitment to certain hours which I couldn't do. I might look at it again now I've got some time! It's really funny you say it btw, my flat overlooks an animal shelter :)

Had left overs today so now there's no more food left I hope that's the end of it. I am worried that coming off SS I'll not be strong enough to maintain weight :-( now got to focus on sticking with it!

I will get back on and I'll not fall off. Got 2-3 stones left and am more than halfways. A dangerous time for everyone perhaps as it might be easy to stop here... Need someone to get on my case! Seeing my consultant tomorrow so will need her to talk sense to me. Feeling I'm on an emotional roller coaster, boo...

I've slipped off SS this week too and had some major blips, biscuits etc. but then I remind myself why I'm doing it and refocus. I'm hoping once I've lost the weight I'll be able to maintain but I'm going to have to accept that certain foods are just not healthy and are no good.

I'm sure half the women that put the weight back on, don't gain the weight back eating salads and protein, it's going back to old ways.

We have to completely change the way we look at food. A huge mission but its achievable surely!!!???

jess33 said:
I've slipped off SS this week too and had some major blips, biscuits etc. but then I remind myself why I'm doing it and refocus. I'm hoping once I've lost the weight I'll be able to maintain but I'm going to have to accept that certain foods are just not healthy and are no good.

I'm sure half the women that put the weight back on, don't gain the weight back eating salads and protein, it's going back to old ways.

We have to completely change the way we look at food. A huge mission but its achievable surely!!!???

You are right. I've been weighing myself, had the tape measurement out, looked a my list of targets, spoken to CDC and been to the gym three times this week. Feel focused again and determined to get to my target weight.

I'm sure you can get back on track ladies. You can support each other :)

Blondcarrot - if my house overlooked an animal shelter, I'd be inundated with strays - I love animals!

x

casablanca said:
I'm sure you can get back on track ladies. You can support each other :)

Blondcarrot - if my house overlooked an animal shelter, I'd be inundated with strays - I love animals!

x

I'm with you. LOVE animals! I've grown up with cats, dogs and horses - miss having them in my life :)

I had a dog only last year. The most kind, funny and loving dog you could ever imagine. However, he came with bad plumbing, his liver was not good so weeks into us getting him he had to get an operation, and since then had to be on medication to drink more to keep the liver healthy and obviously had to go more often. When a small puppy is ill and you rescue it, the vet didn't think he'd survive, you do end up getting very attached. The breader wanted to put him down, never mind try to help him!

Sadly, when my ex and I split up I couldn't afford to keep him - he used to work from home so the dog always had company and could be taken out regularly. I tried to keep him using a doggy day care but financially I couldn't keep doing it and i didnt think it was right to leave him on his own as he'd always had company. Hardest decision ever to give him away. Luckily I found him the most amazing family so it tured out well.

It's made me very reluctant to introduce another animal into my life again as I still think of him every day. I still get stopped on the street and in the park people asking me where my dog is - he was (still is) such a happy chap and spread so much happiness where ever he was.

One day I'll get another one but I'm not ready yet :)

Sorry for blabbing...

Hey, blondcarrot, you are so not blabbing. I've got a tear in my eye reading your message. You totally made the right decision for your dog, even though it was heartbreaking for you :cry:. What you did was selfless and proves what a true animal lover you are :).

We have a big garden and have always wanted a dog but because we work full-time, we don't think it's fair and have always resisted.

We have Rosie, our 18 year old tabby cat. She is totally adorable and loves everyone she meets and everyone loves her. She is very small and still looks like a kitten apart from her all the grey hairs she has now, lol! She is fast asleep in the conservatory - one of her favourite pastimes! We had another cat called Smudge, a tortoiseshell. She was my baby and incredibly jealous of anyone who came within a foot of me, lol! She even objected to me being on the phone! We had to have her put to sleep aged 15 - she had a cancer (broke my heart and made me ill). She is buried in our garden and we had a black marble plaque made for her.

We also have 2 mini lop rabbits - a year old now - Lola (a chocolate doe) and Chico (a chinchilla buck). They are both in their play pen on the lawn at the moment. They have lovely temperaments and are very intelligent. They have lots of toys to play with - they love picking things up with their teeth and throwing them around, lol!

We also have 2 fancy goldfish.

Our dream is to win the lottery and open an animal sanctuary, taking in any animal in need.

Now who's blabbing??

Whatever animal comes into your life, you'll make a great mum :)

x

i feel terrible, went to the seaside with my family and had some chips, been so strict for 3 weeks, not anything and now i feel ive failed myself, as tho i dont belong on here even, i love the feeling of being so proud of achieving 100 % , sorry just needed to unload :(

3rd weigh in... 5lbs off :D I'm mega happy!
Hope everyone's doing alright xx

ChrissyRiley said:
3rd weigh in... 5lbs off :D I'm mega happy!
Hope everyone's doing alright xx

That's fab we'll done!

casablanca said:
Hey, blondcarrot, you are so not blabbing. I've got a tear in my eye reading your message. You totally made the right decision for your dog, even though it was heartbreaking for you :cry:. What you did was selfless and proves what a true animal lover you are :).

We have a big garden and have always wanted a dog but because we work full-time, we don't think it's fair and have always resisted.

We have Rosie, our 18 year old tabby cat. She is totally adorable and loves everyone she meets and everyone loves her. She is very small and still looks like a kitten apart from her all the grey hairs she has now, lol! She is fast asleep in the conservatory - one of her favourite pastimes! We had another cat called Smudge, a tortoiseshell. She was my baby and incredibly jealous of anyone who came within a foot of me, lol! She even objected to me being on the phone! We had to have her put to sleep aged 15 - she had a cancer (broke my heart and made me ill). She is buried in our garden and we had a black marble plaque made for her.

We also have 2 mini lop rabbits - a year old now - Lola (a chocolate doe) and Chico (a chinchilla buck). They are both in their play pen on the lawn at the moment. They have lovely temperaments and are very intelligent. They have lots of toys to play with - they love picking things up with their teeth and throwing them around, lol!

We also have 2 fancy goldfish.

Our dream is to win the lottery and open an animal sanctuary, taking in any animal in need.

Now who's blabbing??

Whatever animal comes into your life, you'll make a great mum :)

x

Ah you are so lovely. Animals are so wonderful to have around. Love cats too and they are a little more independent to keep. 18 years is a wonderful age, you must have looked after her well :) never had rabbits, or fish. I think rabbits are so funny to look at with their floppy ears! Theyve all got great names btw. Mine was a small dog chosen for city living and we called him Duke. Big name for a big personality! One day when modern life doesn't get in the way, eh?

Xxx

slimmer sadie said:
i feel terrible, went to the seaside with my family and had some chips, been so strict for 3 weeks, not anything and now i feel ive failed myself, as tho i dont belong on here even, i love the feeling of being so proud of achieving 100 % , sorry just needed to unload :(

Satie, I had a few blips five weeks in so i know the feeling, like youve let yourself down, but I found that as long I got back into it again it didnt affect my weightloss. What did you end up doing? Did you found your way?

It's really tough, and it's easy to give in to temptation and then go overboard and just eat loads but I try to think about the fact that i must change my habits to maintain my weightloss so on occasions where I've had to eat to be very sensible about what and how much, the latter for me of most importance as I've always eaten relatively healthy, but found it hard to figure out when to stop. So much of this weight stuff is in our heads! It's great to have the support of people in the same situation :)

Ah you are so lovely. Animals are so wonderful to have around. Love cats too and they are a little more independent to keep. 18 years is a wonderful age, you must have looked after her well :) never had rabbits, or fish. I think rabbits are so funny to look at with their floppy ears! Theyve all got great names btw. Mine was a small dog chosen for city living and we called him Duke. Big name for a big personality! One day when modern life doesn't get in the way, eh?

Xxx

Aw, you are lovely too!

The world would be a poorer place without animals, that's for sure.

Just tucking into my chicken salad. I'm really surprised I'm not clucking by now, lol!

Hope your day is going well x

Back