Help feel alone

fifecaz

Please excuse me first of all for the rant , I feel so alone and getting bigger by the minute and so unhappy and what I've become why I put up with this crap day in day out , I eat for comfort and can't stop even although my legs back and whole body kills me , I have kids but are but older and hubby works away I honestly feel lost and alone I so need help and have no one that bothers about me sad when your 40 and not a friend in sight dado am hoping someone will read this and wave a magic wand save me sitting here on my fat ar#e and help me get back on some kind of road , only diet I have done is LL and although it worked I am still here writing this am a pathetic fat mess and really don't know what to do please done one help please :-( I just don't know what to do I feel lazy and pathetic , all I do is cry eat cry sorry

I split from my husband 3 years ago - my life fell apart.
I had no friends, no husband and I was fat.
Losing weight was about the only thing I could control - but I had no idea how to do it.
I went to the doctors and he suggested lipotrim. I was horrified tbh - I'd always heard that, 'crash' diets were dangerous. But he insisted it was safe- he'd done it and lost several stones.

So I went home, googled and found a chemist near me that did it.

I started... And I lost a couple of stones.

It made a LOT of difference to me.

I still had no husband, no friends and no life but at least I'd done .... SOMETHING....

Something is better than nothing.

Also - with food replacement you can't just eat a bit too much... it's ALL or nothing... Even I managed to lose weight.

3 years later my life is still ... erm, intersting... but I've made a couple of good friends, I'm thinner and feel more comfy in my own skin.

Still want to lose more weight and my life has a long, long way to go before I feel 100% happy again - but at least I am doing... SOMETHING...

*hugs*

Oh Fife, sorry to hear you're in a bad place right now, however from what I've seen this is the sort of supportive environment you need. Although only a novice here, my first advice would be to seek out something to help with your mood - you'll feel better and will be less inclined to turn to food to help you feel better.
Try consulting your doctor or a counsellor but do be aware that if they offer drugs these can often make it harder to lose weight.
My favourite mood buster is swimming, makes me think of summer (great for boosting happy hormones) and although I swim alone I feel surrounded by like minded people. Do you enjoy any sort of exercise that might give you a boost of the ol' "feel good factor".
As for the diet ... I'll leave you to the experts. Myself, I'm trying slimming world as it seems to be in agreement with my love for food. Maybe someone could suggest something suitable for yourself.

Hang in there :)

I know how you are feeling, people make out that it is easy just to snap out of it and change, but it's easier said than done.

You have to WANT to change! Motivation and will power is the key to success. You need to learn to love yourself for who you are :) you are who you are, nobody can change that. So accepting who you are is a great start to feeling better. Lose weight for YOUSELF! For the good of your health as well. You need to find a diet that is right for you, I honestly would recommend Slimming World. You can eat so much food, it will give you something to think about and you can go to the meetings and meet new people, also it gets you out of the house a bit as well. Nobody will judge you for your size, they will give you great support :)

Good luck and looking forward to see how well you get on x

Fife, you have come to the right place hun. Everyone is really friendly and supportive on here. There are a lot of different diets out there and you need to investigate which one will suit you best. Slimming clubs are a great way of meeting people that are in the same situation as you. I was in a rut myself and quite comfortable in it for a while. Then I realised that life is passing me by and being in my forties i want to grab what's left while I am still Young...ish to enjoy it!! Good luck! Pam x

Oh, Fife :( I wish I could wave that wand because you sound so sad, but all I can do is feel for you and let you know that you're not just invisible and powerless, because people on here feel for you. I know it just seems like writing, but we're real people sitting in rooms at computers and you have us to talk to.

Have you spoke to your family? It really seems like you should - you don't have to make a big deal of it, just the next time you're on the phone to one of them, say "I really miss you. I think I'm overeating because I'm lonely" and they should want to help. xx

Back