help feel like giving up

lol i did that anyway. saved all my syns for 2nite, but had two options hot chocolates at two syns mixed with quark. and i nicked one of the kids chocolate sweets. wich i would say must have been about 5 syns........diets are just so boring. ive tried this among every other diet so many times. its just so hard. day times im alright but its then evenings, i just wanna sit and eat a packet of biscuits or a chocolate bar....weekends are even worse, indian chinease ect ect.
its so frustrating im about 11.5 to 11.10 and want to get down to about 10.7 (as a first target anyway).

Okay I think someone's in need of some tough loving! YES diet's are hard, *and annoying, and frustrating but so is being overweight. You choose which hard you'd rather have. I've tried many diets too so I know how you feel, *but out of them all I think slimming world has been the most interesting, most like normal eating, easiest, and most likely for me to last on. But you have to have the right mindset, and I'm not meaning that in a cheeky way lol, you have to be willing to give it a good chance and stick at it. Having a negative attitude about it won't help you one bit. It doesn't HAVE to be boring! Look on the slimming world website, or in one of the magazines, or one of the recipe books, or search through minimins amd you'll find hundreds if not THOUSANDS of syn free recipes! There are even tons of syn free adaptions of takeways, but if you ony want the real thing if you look in your book you'll see plenty of low syn options from them too. Stock up well on fruit and muller lights, and snack on those when you haven't any syns and you're feeling like something sweet. I personally like to use all my syns on something like a nice chocolate bar, there are loads of them under 15 syns and personally I prefer that than using them on lots of bits and pieces but that's just me. If you have any questions AT ALL minimins is full of people that would love to help, just stick at it, give it a good go, really wish you the best of luck. :)

thanks for that, i think thats just what i needed.you are right, if diets were easy wead all be bikini babes. ive got to stop feeling sorry for myself and just do it. and be greatfull thats only really a stone i need to loose to get bk to me pre pregnancy size. one question for you...would i loose more if i ate less syns? and what are the rules about saving them up for a weekend blowout?

Hi there chick! The syn saving thing varies from person to person. I find if I blow 50syns in one night out and cut down for the rest of the week but stay within my 105weekly total I still lose weight but not as much. My best losses of 5-6lbs have been on weeks where I've had 15syns a day. Everyone is different but it's all about finding what works best for you.
Use them all for the first couple of weeks (as long as you're not eating for the sake of eating, only when hungry) then you can cut down if things aren't working for you.
It is hard chick, but you can do it! I've been at SW for 13 weeks and have lost 2st 3.5lb and I have had days where I've wanted to throw the towel in and eat a massive pick and mix or some Ben and jerrys but I've resisted and been glad that I have.

Good luck and keep asking questions! Xx

well im going to weigh 2moro and see if ive lost anything, just to make sure its actually working, if ive put on (which it feels like i have) then il have to change my stratitgy a bit. i may need to eat more fruit an veg. ive been have a pre packaged pack of pinaple a day. some strawberrys. and either some salad or veg at dinner time...

Noooooo dont give in!!! You can do it =] have some aldi choc and orange benefit(70cal bars 3syns each) in the cupboard, oh my! How they stop the choc craving =] also keep a diary of what your eating, it helps so much! =] you can do this! Even if u look half a lb or a lb thats still lighter than ur starting weight =]

wow thats good, thanks for that. trip to aldi for me!!!!! feel more positive now. anyone know the syn values for nandos spicy rice. and butterfly chicken breasts in medium marinade? also chicken and shish kebab minus the pitta bread??

Nandos spicy rice is 2.5syns and the butterfly chicken is 3.5syns. I always ask for the skin to be taken off as nobody is 100% if the 3.5 syns is with or without skin and I don't want extras sneaking in! I always get rice, butterfly chicken and salad for 6syns which I think is ace!

i weighed this morning, and ive lost two maybe 3lb since monday thats in four whole days. so am more motivated now. lets see what the results are next week. going to give it a full 7 days now before i weigh again.

No dont give up. I have been doing S W since Jan 2011 and got to target last Nov. Once at target it is sustainable for life and just think how fab you will feel slim and being able to maintain that feeling for life. Its not a diet, its a healthy eating plan. You will do this, just keep bobbing on here for fantastic info and support. We are all here to help :)

Back