Help first week gain fears !

sparkle78

Hi everyone just started WW an am struggling cause I'm hungry an it's making me miserable - iv tried a few diets an since having my daughter always given up an gained even more weight than when I started - I just don't believe I can really stick to a diet an lose weight anymore especially since the last few times I did diet clubs I actually gained weight in the first week - feeling so anxious about my weigh in I just don't want to be embarrassed
Anyone else gained in the first week ?
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sparkle78 said:
Hi everyone just started WW an am struggling cause I'm hungry an it's making me miserable - iv tried a few diets an since having my daughter always given up an gained even more weight than when I started - I just don't believe I can really stick to a diet an lose weight anymore especially since the last few times I did diet clubs I actually gained weight in the first week - feeling so anxious about my weigh in I just don't want to be embarrassed
Xxx

Have u tried simply filling? U have all ur free foods that u can eat as much as u need to b satisfied, the foods keep u feeling fuller for longer, plus u can snack on them so if u got hungry u could have a crumpet or a bowl of oat so simple for 0pp! At least u wouldn't b going off plan!

I did sf for the first 4 months, 5 days sf, 2 days pp and lost almost 30lb, I've been doing more pp days recently, but just gone back to sf most days! Super tasty foods! Really enjoying it! Had egg and soldiers the other day for lunch for 1pp (butter) but u can get 0pp spread from Ww now!

Wow thanks for this tip I don't know anything about simply filling I'll have to have a closer look at my books ? Do you think you lose more weight on simply filling than pro points ?
X

I'm not sure as I switched to pp after 4 months when my losses were getting less, I done pp for a couple months and not lost hardly anything but that could just be the length of time I've been dieting, just switched back to sf this wk so I could tell u in a couple weeks if I think I loose more on sf!

This is the info from the sf forum, at the top of the page u got all the forums! Off topic, food diaries ect, there's one that says weight watchers simply filling, click on that! There is a small group of ppl on here and it's really supportive! If u click on stickies at the top of the page u can find all the info for following sf and the food list!

Here's how to follow Simply Filling!

If you attend meetings, you'll find this on page 31 of your red LIVE book you receive in the second week and also in the gold book you get when you're at gold. If/when more information becomes available I (or others) will update this thread with the up to date info.

How To Do It?
- Only eating Filling & Healthy foods or those with a ProPoints value of 0. You use your own judgement to decide when you are satisfied and no longer hungry. Do not eat until you are stuffed- this is a sign you have eaten too much. You do not have a daily ProPoints allowance on Simply Filling because of this.

What Are Filling & Healthy Foods?
- These are foods designed to keep you fuller for longer- in your WW literature they are highlighted green or/and have a green ProPoints value icon. Or you can find them here.

What About Other Food?
- For any ProPointed food or drink (eg: a glass of wine) you still have your 49 weekly ProPoints to spend on luxuries such as these. These are here every week to keep the plan live-able

Anything Else I Should Know?
- Yes, you need to include two teaspoons of oil (olive, rapeseed, sunflower, flaxseed, safflower) each day as part of your plan. You do not ProPoint these unless you use more.

- Research has found people following the Simply Filling approach lost as much as weight as those that followed a daily ProPoints allowance.

What About Maintaining As A Gold Member?
- Good news, you can increase your weekly allowance up to 90 ProPoints per week! If you gain on this amount, reduce them until you're no longer gaining or losing but maintaining nicely.

So, What Are Filling & Healthy Days?
- Basically they are the SF plan but designed for a day rather than a week. You can do as many or as little of these a week as you want. It's the same system of eating until satisfied with a different name and a shorter duration.

Xxx

Have a look at the photo meals thread for some ideas of meals people have and how they can be made more filling...adding extra veggies etc and look at some diaries for more ideas. There is no need to be hungry on ww and we don't want you being miserable or it will be really hard for you to stick at it.
I mix my week between sf and pp's days depending on what am having/doing etc I enjoy both days as sf allows me to have lots of healthy filling foods if am having hungry days and pp's lets me have a few treats with points too if I am fancying them xx

*Emsie* said:
Lol why do you think you would do it wrong?

I suppose it's making sure I follow it right,like eat till full not stuffed,though have been pro pointing for 16 weeks now so I guess my appetite is smaller anyhow.

bulldogdaisy said:
I suppose it's making sure I follow it right,like eat till full not stuffed,though have been pro pointing for 16 weeks now so I guess my appetite is smaller anyhow.

Just been reading a bit more about it plus I have mini mins friends that do it,I wi in Friday so might try it after then for a couple of days and see how I get on.

Just been reading a bit more about it plus I have mini mins friends that do it,I wi in Friday so might try it after then for a couple of days and see how I get on.
Yeah its worth a go gives a bit of variation. I think to do a whole week of it my weeklies wouldn't go very far on what I like them for but then thats prob just me x

*Emsie* said:
Yeah its worth a go gives a bit of variation. I think to do a whole week of it my weeklies wouldn't go very far on what I like them for but then thats prob just me x

Thanks,I will try a few days on it and see how I go.

*Emsie* said:

I actually use less weeklies on sf! I don't seem to crave or eat as much treats on sf than I do on pp, still not sure y?! I'm on my 3rd day this Wk and still have 49 w/p left! Obviously it takes a while to get used to not putting things like butter on food ect which all saves w/p but now I find it easy to have a sf day without dipping into weeklies! Worth a try!

sarah88 said:
I actually use less weeklies on sf! I don't seem to crave or eat as much treats on sf than I do on pp, still not sure y?! I'm on my 3rd day this Wk and still have 49 w/p left! Obviously it takes a while to get used to not putting things like butter on food ect which all saves w/p but now I find it easy to have a sf day without dipping into weeklies! Worth a try!

What do you put on instead please? Just had a bagel with butter,well instead of my usual crisps and snack bar I had some cherry tomatoes and a apple.

Thats good that you can make it work for you like that I like to have a pack of crisps most days and cereal bars/ww biscuits and yoghurts other than the free stuff I know I don't have to have those things but I like to and they are easy to have for work etc

*Emsie* said:
Thats good that you can make it work for you like that I like to have a pack of crisps most days and cereal bars/ww biscuits and yoghurts other than the free stuff I know I don't have to have those things but I like to and they are easy to have for work etc

I still like treats aswell so will work those in too :0)

I usually just have it plain, a plain bagel is nice, and if u have bagel or toast with beans or soup u don't really need butter!

sarah88 said:
I usually just have it plain, a plain bagel is nice, and if u have bagel or toast with beans or soup u don't really need butter!

Very true,I often don't use butter if have a egg sandwich or banana one.Though been awhile since had any bread but will re introduce it now do sf aswell.

Back