Help getting back on track please

Kiika

Posting this separately as I really need some advice please:

How do you guys get back on track? :confused:

I have been off Sat, Sun, Mon & Today, I was so determined yesterday to get back on track but had two packs in the morning, then had half a sandwich for lunch, a snack size chocolate bar in the afternoon then left over chicken dinner for tea...... and a pack of pretzels...... and an options hot chocolate....

Although my calories have been around 1200 per day, so still a weight loss amount of calories. And will be about 1000 today.

But how do you get yourselves back on S&S 100%?? I was thinking of just going for it and if I feel like I'm going to eat something, I'll have another pack and just work my way back down to 4, what do you think?? I dont know why I am struggling so much to get back on it :cry:

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!!

The advice will all be different , I would always start back by having 5 packs , plus veg and work back down after a few days
Some people would say theta wasting packs
In my experience if you are asking the question , your head isnt quite back in the right place yet
and im probably the worst person to give advice , but the best person to understand what you are going through

E.g I did it like this , august on , sept and oct off, november on , dec off , jan and feb on/off

my weight loss has been two steps forward one step back and what Ive lost in 7 months , some people could do in 2 , but I had to go with it and take the bull by the horns when Im pumped to do it and sit back and maintain while my head was in another place

everybody has to do it there own way , personally i feel i learnt more doing it slowly , as the periods of maintaining were invaluable lessons for me

nobody can tell you how to do it, you have to find the motivation from within , sorry not very useful :-(

Thanks both! :)

I think I need to just go for it and stop dithering!

I'm going to give it some wellie Tomorro and if I feel absolutely desperate I'll have another pack or a boiled egg or something!

LETS DO THIS THING!!!! :D

I think Phoenix hit the nail on the head, you need to be/put yourself in the right headspace. Remember why you're doing this and think about if it's what you want to do. If it is, then you need to commit to each step that you want to take and go for it. Decide on a day that you will go back to sns and tell yourself about that day. What you will eat, what you will do etc. Visualise it and be determined. Good luck. :)

Right! Tomorrow it is guys!!! And I'll be trying to avoid anything non S&S so I'll be drowning in water to try and kill any hunger or other aches tomorrow. I WILL be 100% Tomorrow!!!

Choccie shake
Chicken soup
Chilli (new)
Lemon bar
Water!

This is my food plan. I'm not having anything else, not even veg for at least a week (get myself back into ketosis if I can).

Thanks for the advice & motivation. I may need you Tomorrow though! Hahaha!!! :D

It is really difficult to get back on track after a break, even more difficult that starting the diet to start off with. As others have said your head needs to be in the right space and then you just have to go for it and resist everything else.

good luck , try splitting each thing in two , that way you get to have something 8 times a day with a glass of water in between

Pheonix2010 said:
good luck , try splitting each thing in two , that way you get to have something 8 times a day with a glass of water in between

Excellent idea!! I will definitely try that! :D

The advice will all be different , I would always start back by having 5 packs , plus veg and work back down after a few days
Some people would say theta wasting packs
In my experience if you are asking the question , your head isnt quite back in the right place yet
and im probably the worst person to give advice , but the best person to understand what you are going through

E.g I did it like this , august on , sept and oct off, november on , dec off , jan and feb on/off

my weight loss has been two steps forward one step back and what Ive lost in 7 months , some people could do in 2 , but I had to go with it and take the bull by the horns when Im pumped to do it and sit back and maintain while my head was in another place

everybody has to do it there own way , personally i feel i learnt more doing it slowly , as the periods of maintaining were invaluable lessons for me

nobody can tell you how to do it, you have to find the motivation from within , sorry not very useful :-(

Pheonix - its great that you are so honest with us, you may feel like what you have achieved isnt great but i disagree, i think it shows us how strong you are and even though you are finding it tough you have thrown in the towel and given up totally, lets face it its sooooo easy to do,

i like the split it in 2 and have 8 meals a day, ive started doing that and pretty much each hour at work i have something and then a pint of water, then a couple hours off picking my son up and getting home etc then in the evening i did the same, it certainly kept me busy lol x

Thanks twinkabelle , Ive been very honest in my diary , even admitting to my binges , and pouring all my thoughts out , no matter how random or pathetic ha ha

I think everyone start off these diets feeling positive and they are told to just get over the first week and then you will be flying , well for some people thats true , but for others like me , its not , so when you hit a wall or just cant get back into it , you feel like such a failure , but everyone should treat it as a personal journey and take the rough with the smooth

I think the idea that a stone a month is achievable is true if you have for example 10 stone to lose , the weight loss is dramatic and fast at the beginning , but when you have 2 or 3 stone to lose , it is much harder in my opinion both to lose the weight quickly and to gain the motivation

Alot of people have come and gone :-( giving up after a few weeks , never to be seen again , falling off the wagon is not a fail, we shouldnt be so hard on ourselves , the important thing is that you keep trying

I have given up doing this diet 100% but I still have 15-20lb to lose and I will lose it somehow , just gotta keep trying something new

I am one of those who has come and gone. But as from tomorrow I am back. Had a few weeks off and I could kick myself as I would have been at week 7. But you live and learn. I have opened the cupboard where S&S is stored every day for the last week and just couldnt face getting those packs out. I have put on 3 1/2 lbs since last weigh in, I guess it could be a lot worse. But this time I am determined. I am hoping it will be easier as my eldest, who is 17 has decided he would like to lose some weight and my youngest (7 and a girl) is a chunky monkey and could do with losing some, but not diet wise, just healthier eating and portion control, and they have begged me not to buy the crap into the house. So working on that principle if its not in, we cant eat it. I know that over the next couple of days it is going to be bloody hard, as its third time round for me. 1st time you are all fired up, motivated and determined, 2nd time round felt like a chore, this time round the determination is back and I am not going to fail this time.

good luck donjon , you havnt put much on at all
one thing I would say though , for some reason I have never had the big first week loss again even after a long break , so dont be dissapointed if you dont get a massive number this time round , then again you might :)

It is all to do with our mindset and so many other factors in life affect our positivity and determination to succeed, if your head is not in it then VLCD can be really tough going. I think many of us dieters can empathise with you and hopefully can offer some encouragement.

So here goes :)..............focus on what you have acheived and CAN acheive again. Dont be too hard on yourself, restarts are difficult. Congratulate yourself for not abandoning your plan completely, (you have not eaten the contents of your fridge and freezer on a epic 10 day bender ;) gee im speaking from experience here oops!! :eek::eek:) you are addressing your restart, so well done for that. Think of all the reasons you wanted to diet in the first place, imagine what you will look like this summer if you get back on track now HOT!!! Dont think negative, think positive you CAN do this. Tomorrow is a brand new day, take whatever strategy works for you and there are some great suggestions from fellow dieters (splitting packs, having a extra one etc) do whatever feels right for you and if you feel the fridge calling, imagine your mental image in the summer remember HOT, I wish you the best of luck. x

Wannabe Weeney said:
It is all to do with our mindset and so many other factors in life affect our positivity and determination to succeed, if your head is not in it then VLCD can be really tough going. I think many of us dieters can empathise with you and hopefully can offer some encouragement.

So here goes :)..............focus on what you have acheived and CAN acheive again. Dont be too hard on yourself, restarts are difficult. Congratulate yourself for not abandoning your plan completely, (you have not eaten the contents of your fridge and freezer on a epic 10 day bender ;) gee im speaking from experience here oops!! :eek::eek:) you are addressing your restart, so well done for that. Think of all the reasons you wanted to diet in the first place, imagine what you will look like this summer if you get back on track now HOT!!! Dont think negative, think positive you CAN do this. Tomorrow is a brand new day, take whatever strategy works for you and there are some great suggestions from fellow dieters (splitting packs, having a extra one etc) do whatever feels right for you and if you feel the fridge calling, imagine your mental image in the summer remember HOT, I wish you the best of luck. x

Someone also put the suggestion of a motivation board that they cut out pics and quotes onto, then they took a photo and put it onto their phone?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

biggusburdus said:
Someone also put the suggestion of a motivation board that they cut out pics and quotes onto, then they took a photo and put it onto their phone?

Oh i have my last years christmas picture on my phone and i did the before & after avatar as my phone lock picture which is a great visual motivator. Best of luck and as everyone else has said do what works for you. Are goals may be the same but we will all take a different journey to reach are destination xx

Another great suggestion biggusbirduss.

I can't take the credit as I read it somewhere on this website. I just thought it was such a good idea that I am in the process of putting mine together.
Good luck as we are all in the same boat, I am just at the beginning of my journey and reading all the stuff on here gives me hope!

Anyone who's overweight knows how hard it is to get and stay focused. You can see by my own start/restart, that it doesn't matter how motivated we feel we are, we can all slip.

In 2002, I lost 5 stone on slimming world. I went from 12st 13lb to 7st 12lb (I'm 5ft 3in), and felt incredible. I swore I'd NEVER gain the weight again and really meant it.

7/8st was non manageable, however I managed to maintain a weight of around 9st for the next 5 years when I got pregnant again and it all went to hell. My weight went up higher than it had when I started the diet in 2002. Up to 13st 2lb.

I knew I'd lost the weight once, and therefore of course I could do it again! Could I heck :( I rejoined slimming world and it just wasn't coming off fast enough. I have a hubby who eats crap around me and when he joined SW too and started losing at a much faster rate to me, even though I was 100% and he was still eating crap, I got totally demotivated. That's when I joined CD, lost 3 stone but hated every moment of it - there were only 3 packs I could stomach and I was bored stupid and craving real food. Crashed and burned in November last year and now, having found S&S have found the motivation to lose the remaining weight for a family function in July.

We all have our stories. Some longer, some shorter, some with more weight, some with less, but it takes exactly the same motivation to succeed. We are all human beings and we should learn not to beat ourselves up when things don't totally go to plan.

We can only do our best and we can only do it when we are truly ready x

Good luck and we're here for you!

Back