• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help going at ww alone!

S: 13st9lb G: 11st0lb
Hi everyone,

Just after a bit of advice really. Me and my friend want to lose about 2 stone before we go on holiday in November and I think that is quite realistic about 2 pound a week. So decided to do weight watchers, we want to do it alone though and just get the books off ebay. Has this worked for other people? Also what books do I need to get??

xxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hiya well done for starting,I do it alone with books at home but have been to group many times,which can be a god send for some.

Make sure you have the 2010 books as things change ,have you a paper calculator to work out the points? Set of kitchen scales?

Id always go for 1-2lbs loss in aiming as our bodies are funny especially us women,hormones water retention.I gained 2.5lbs 2 weeks agao and I have stuck to plan 100% for 20 weeks so we never know what the body decides lol,you may have a biiger than 2lbs loss or a sts and have done no different to weeks to lose 1-2lbs.
Learn all you can about the plan,dont see it as a 'diet' as that will make you feel deprived and missing out on things.
Good luck to you both xx

sharkbait1983

Silver Member
S: 16st7lb C: 16st7lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
hello! I am also doing WW alone instead of going to meetings or online. I have done WW before so know what I am doing - I like you also bought the books off of ebay. It is early days but doing well so far.

With regard to books/items to get - I have got a tracker book (to write absolutely everything down in!), shop (for points values of everything) and the eat out guide (because I do this way too often). Having gone to some meetings this year before I decided to go it alone I had also purchased the kitchen scales, points calculator and tape measure!

Wishing you and your friend the best of luck on your weight loss journeys!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

S: 13st9lb G: 11st0lb
Thanks girls!!

I can work it out myself at the moment but will get a ww calculator and have scales so that's fine :)
just want to get motivated to do it, looking to start this week. have started eating healthy again this week already. i did lipotrim and lost nearly 2 stone but put it all back on and maybe more so just want get rid now :) xxx

yummymummy75

Silver Member
S: 12st7lb C: 10st8lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 1st13lb(15.43%)
i did lipotrim also and lost a stone in 2 weeks but had to stop as i got very sick,,i'm only in ww a few weeks but i love it,,i can still have my treats as long as there within my points but find now i dont want to waste points on treats when i could have a really nice meal:)i go to classes as i need someone to check up on me from time to time!!!!

S: 14st5lb C: 14st0lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 0st5lb(2.49%)
Hi hun,

I am starting WW alone on monday too. I have done WW before but a long time ago, but still have the book. I want to lose 4st but 10lb-1st by sept as going on a hen weekend!!

Good luck.xx

kelz89

i did lipotrim also and lost a stone in 2 weeks but had to stop as i got very sick,,i'm only in ww a few weeks but i love it,,i can still have my treats as long as there within my points but find now i dont want to waste points on treats when i could have a really nice meal:)i go to classes as i need someone to check up on me from time to time!!!!

you said you got very sick? was this because of lipotrim? as i was thinking of doing this as a kick start to weight watchers! and if u lost a stone in 2 weeks?? it sounds good to me!!

Hi, i'm doing it alone also. Got my pack and some recipe books off ebay, and also got WW magazine which is FAB. I'm going to be starting on monday, gives me a little time to sort of know what i'm doing. Hubby is going to be doing it with me(not that he needs to), i think without forums like this it would be really difficult for me to follow WW. There seems to be alot of people willing to give advice.

x