Help! Has anyone seen my mojo?

Hello all,

I am new on here as I simply needed the advice and support I get each week in group that I don't get the other 6 days of the week!

i originally started on SW in July 2012 and was all pumped up to do it having always been a serial weight watcher in the past. I started off quite well but don't think I properly grasped it and it took me about 10 weeks to get my half stone.

My cousin then became a consultant in December 2013 so I moved to her group and agreed to be her weigh lady.... Whilst I now fully understand all the principles etc. and give out plenty of advice, i just don't seem to be able to manage it to follow it myself :(

i had to miss last week due to a trapped nerve in my back so I have eaten terribly and not really moved and when I went back on Thursday I had put on 12.5 lb!!! I knew I would have put on but not that much - I am totally devastated. I have all my recipe books around me now but can't help thinking I should just give up....

My main motivation for going in the first place (apart from my health of course) was my wedding in November this year but I am so down right now.... Any advice how to get back on track and fast would be great fully received :)

Many thanks, xx Helen xx

Hi Helen, Oh dear!! What an awful shock for you! Must have been devastating!
Never mind..todays another day and that mojo is not far away. Try to relax and not fret about bygones. Take a deep breath and get back to your diet regime and know you CAN do it!! You did it before and so you are not a failure, you just happen to be like the rest of us..HUMAN!! .. :D

Wedding in November?! What a wonderful thing to aim for - a slim and beautiful bride..YAY!! Go to it girl!!

:girlpower:

Hello all,

I am new on here as I simply needed the advice and support I get each week in group that I don't get the other 6 days of the week!

i originally started on SW in July 2012 and was all pumped up to do it having always been a serial weight watcher in the past. I started off quite well but don't think I properly grasped it and it took me about 10 weeks to get my half stone.

My cousin then became a consultant in December 2013 so I moved to her group and agreed to be her weigh lady.... Whilst I now fully understand all the principles etc. and give out plenty of advice, i just don't seem to be able to manage it to follow it myself :(

i had to miss last week due to a trapped nerve in my back so I have eaten terribly and not really moved and when I went back on Thursday I had put on 12.5 lb!!! I knew I would have put on but not that much - I am totally devastated. I have all my recipe books around me now but can't help thinking I should just give up....

My main motivation for going in the first place (apart from my health of course) was my wedding in November this year but I am so down right now.... Any advice how to get back on track and fast would be great fully received :)

Many thanks, xx Helen xx

OK. You cannot possibly have gained 12.5 lbs of fat in a couple of weeks. water weight, a couple of pounds, star week weight maybe, but not fat. To do that you would have had to have eaten 42,000 additional calories that your body didn't need and frankly, I'm not sure that's possible.

Think about your wedding in November, do you want to weigh less than you do now or more? If you thorw the towel in, you'll either stay the same or gain weight and you will be soo disappointed come November. Believe me.

So many people told me to try and lose a little before my wedding and I said i couldn't get in the mind frame for it - and honestly I won't have any pictures of the day around the house because I hate them all. I looked like a big white whale and there's no going back. I've lost almost three stone since then, but I'll never get the day back and I'll never get the chance to be the slim bride that I would have loved to have been.

You still have that chance. and 7-8 months to go at it. thats 28-32 weeks. even if you lost a pound a week, which is doable for most of us, that would be over 2 stone lost! think how happy you'd be to lose that.

Don't give up - just take it one day at a time and don't get hung up about past weigh ins, they're gone and all you can do is focus on the week ahead.

Hi Helen, Oh dear!! What an awful shock for you! Must have been devastating!
Never mind..todays another day and that mojo is not far away. Try to relax and not fret about bygones. Take a deep breath and get back to your diet regime and know you CAN do it!! You did it before and so you are not a failure, you just happen to be like the rest of us..HUMAN!! .. :D

Wedding in November?! What a wonderful thing to aim for - a slim and beautiful bride..YAY!! Go to it girl!!

:girlpower:
Hi Emmaline, thank you for your kind words, I just feel so crappy about it and kinda have the taste for 'naughty' food again lol. I know I can do it but it frightens me just how quick it goes on and how hard it is to come off!

I think I need to kick myself ( not very easy with a bad back lol) and really get back to basics. I will look through the books as I don't think there are many we've not got (my fiancé doing it too but he has lost his mojo also) and write a weeks meals out and stick to it... As we both work full time, it is too easy to grab something on way home which is not really healthy for weight loss or bank balance!

Fingers crossed for a better week this week :) xx

OK. You cannot possibly have gained 12.5 lbs of fat in a couple of weeks. water weight, a couple of pounds, star week weight maybe, but not fat. To do that you would have had to have eaten 42,000 additional calories that your body didn't need and frankly, I'm not sure that's possible.

Think about your wedding in November, do you want to weigh less than you do now or more? If you thorw the towel in, you'll either stay the same or gain weight and you will be soo disappointed come November. Believe me.

So many people told me to try and lose a little before my wedding and I said i couldn't get in the mind frame for it - and honestly I won't have any pictures of the day around the house because I hate them all. I looked like a big white whale and there's no going back. I've lost almost three stone since then, but I'll never get the day back and I'll never get the chance to be the slim bride that I would have loved to have been.

You still have that chance. and 7-8 months to go at it. thats 28-32 weeks. even if you lost a pound a week, which is doable for most of us, that would be over 2 stone lost! think how happy you'd be to lose that.

Don't give up - just take it one day at a time and don't get hung up about past weigh ins, they're gone and all you can do is focus on the week ahead.

Hi OwlGoose, thanks for your encouragement... I am so tempted to give up but, like you say, I will end up regretting it when I look back on the pictures.

i have already bought my dress and its a fraction too small now, 1 stone would see it fit perfectly, any more and I would have to have it taken in (perfectly do-able with the style of dress, didn't want to put myself under too much pressure).

i simply cannot wait to marry my prince, and a further incentive to loose the weight is we want a family almost straight after (to me this is a better reason than the wedding actually). I know I must put the past firmly behind me it's just sooooo damn difficult, especially when I am feeling sorry for myself and in constant pain :(

thank you though for taking the time to encourage me :) xxx

Hi OwlGoose, thanks for your encouragement... I am so tempted to give up but, like you say, I will end up regretting it when I look back on the pictures.

i have already bought my dress and its a fraction too small now, 1 stone would see it fit perfectly, any more and I would have to have it taken in (perfectly do-able with the style of dress, didn't want to put myself under too much pressure).

i simply cannot wait to marry my prince, and a further incentive to loose the weight is we want a family almost straight after (to me this is a better reason than the wedding actually). I know I must put the past firmly behind me it's just sooooo damn difficult, especially when I am feeling sorry for myself and in constant pain :(

thank you though for taking the time to encourage me :) xxx

That's alright hun. I know it's hard to motivate yourself - especially when you've not had the results you wanted, but you said yourself you've been off plan and when you get back on it you'll start to feel better about yourself and that will motivate you. If you've been eating rubbish you could have crewed with your bodys chemical levels and put yourself on a downer.

Where are you with your trapped nerve, have you seen a doctor, are you on the right medication? Could the medication be causing the gain or the low mood?

There's all kinds of factors that could be influencing things and there's only 1 you have control of - what you put in your mouth - get that right and you'll be doing all you can and you will start to get those results again.

I suppose now I think about it, yes! I have eaten total rubbish for about 8 days, had my birthday so that was more rubbish! I've not been sleeping properly which I think doesn't help as it make me crave rubbish... And to top it all off, the dr gave me codeine for the pain so I am somewhat 'bunged up' at the moment.

all these things do take their toll I guess, just really not what I needed at all right now :(

i am happy to have found this forum (surprised they don't do one on the SW site) as this is the kind if support I feel I need. Even just reading some of the threads of ppl who have lots to loose like me gives me hope that it can be done.... And I WILL do it :))) PMA!!

thanks again Hun, appreciate it xx

You can do this, hon. It's so hard to get back on the wagon but you can do it. And others have said, what's the alternative? Your wedding and starting a family are wonderful incentives. Wedding pictures will follow you around forever and, as I'm sure you know, losing weight can help your chances of conceiving no end.

I'm sure you haven't put on 12.5 lbs of fat either. That's a mahoosive gain in a couple of weeks. Most likely much of it is water retention due to salty food etc. I wouldn't be surprised if you find it comes off really quickly.

Since your sister is a C and you know the plan inside out, you have all the tools you need to be sucessful. Spend a while this evening planning some lovely SW meals for yourself and then get back on track. You can do this!

have faith in yourself.

we have faith in you. xx

Keep going - sometimes losing weight is so hard and all that gets you though is pure bloodymindedness! Take it one day at a time and don't give up! xxx

thank you all, its great to have this kind of support out of group :)

got all y out and my determined head on... fingers crossed!! x H x

Helen totally know where u are today. Was doing slimming world from mid - October 2012 until 22nd of February 2013 lost a total of 24lbs was doing so well but fell of the wagon had a weekend away, then a work do, then a party so just couldn't get my head around it.
Weighed myself this morning according to my scales I have put on 1stone - so have spent all day making soup, curries and bolengese sauce. Right I have to totally get my head in gear now. I have only started posting on this site last week, but making a promise to post my days on this that way it will keep me on track! I turn 40 in July - and my mot is I am not turning 40 FAT.
Take everyday one step at a time.

whoop whoop..... would appear I have my bead back in the game as i got on scales this morning and have lost ELEVEN pounds!! its like week one all over again.... soooo bloody chuffed right now!!! :)))) xxxxxxx

whoop whoop..... would appear I have my bead back in the game as i got on scales this morning and have lost ELEVEN pounds!! its like week one all over again.... soooo bloody chuffed right now!!! :)))) xxxxxxx

bloody good stuff there missus!!!!!!

sooper proud of you xxxx

Back