Help!! I am getting bigger not smaller!!

Howen

:wavey:Hello I am new

So I joined SW 3 weeks ago, yes to lose weight and get back to my happy weight of 8.9lb but also more importantly to eat healthy. I have falling into a terrible habit over the past few years of eating. For example I would have nothing for breakfast, maybe some soup for lunch and a twix for tea. Then go crazy at the weekends going out partying and eating having meals out. Then Monday to Friday I would get by on minimum cals. It kept my weight down but, but could feel my body lacking normal food. I know very unhealthy!!!! Then I went to America for 2 weeks and ate and ate and ate!! Haha loved it, But came home and had gained just over a stone! Whooops! So decided to join slimming world to lose weight the right way.

I first got weighed in at 9.10lb, and then the next week I lost 3.5 lbs, to be honest I wasn’t that impressed as I expected more. Then next week I had gained 1/2lb but had been on plan, no cheating at all. My weigh in is this evening and I am dreading it, even though I have stuck to plan 100% I feel I am getting bigger!!! I had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and I was 9.8lb!! So will be heavier this evening. So at this moment in time I am thinking I will not go to class, I don’t want to feel embarrassed by gaining weight. When I am sat in a room with all these fabulous ladies who some have lost 9 stones plus!!!! And I can’t even lose a stone…. in fact I feel I am gaining.
I do extra easy, my partner is on it too (well has no choice as I cook and he eats what he is given) and he has lost 10lb in 3 weeks! So it’s working for him and we eat the same I have smaller portion and stop when I am full. I am also active, I run about 12 miles a weeks, ride my horses about 5 times a week, and walk my dogs twice a day. So I am not a couch potato. So I was thinking is it because my body is not really use to all this food and holding on to fat due to my terrible diet before hand? I also drink at least 2 pints of water a day.
Sorry my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] post is very long!!

Sorry, but I really cannot see the point in not going to group, just because you suspect you may have gained. That is the whole reason we have group and Image Therapy - not just for the good weeks, but for the bad weeks too.

Your consultant and fellow members are there to support you, and nobody will judge you for gaining so there is no need to feel ashamed. As my consultant always says, "there is no shame in a gain", we all have them! You are not going to be the first person ever to have gained. Besides, you might not have even gained. This is the whole reason why you are recommended to be weighed once a week, and not to hop on and off scales throughout.

I know from past experience that not going to group just leads from one bad week to another. I have had a bad week this week and am expecting a gain too, but I am going to group. Yes, I'm dreading getting on the scales and seeing another gain (also gained last week due to it being my Birthday), but I am looking forward to Image Therapy. I know I'll walk away from group with some great ideas and feeling ready to take on the new week.

My only advice to you is to go to class, face the scales and take away any advice/ideas you can get from your group ready to start a fresh week.

3.5lb is a very good weightloss-especially for someone with v little to lose.
You've got to remember that weight comes off quicker the more u have to lose...I'm sure the people that have lost 9 stone would rather have never had that much weight to lose in the first place.

Also what height are u? 9st is a healthy weight for most people-don't be so hard on yourself.

I would agree with everyone you need to go to group - you might not have gained and if you have you'll get loads of support in group. It could be that your body is thinking it's going to hold on to all this good food your eating ready for when you go back to your old eating habits. But it'll soon realise this is going to carry on and then you should see a weigh loss. Good luck.

3.5lb is a very good weightloss-especially for someone with v little to lose.
You've got to remember that weight comes off quicker the more u have to lose...I'm sure the people that have lost 9 stone would rather have never had that much weight to lose in the first place.

Definitely agree!!

I know what u mean I always think I haven't lost and this week I only lost half a pound but I only have another 10lb until target and have lost one stone 3and a half pounds in 12 weeks so I look at that and think if I have a little gain I have lost a fair amount overall and try to remain positive after all we are human , when I first started the first 2 weeks I only lost a pound each time then I lost 2 and a half and 3 and a half and since it has been one or two pound , don't give up good luck on your sw journey x

Back