HELP! I binged today, first time in 10 days! SUPPORT NEEDED! :(

stacey2kl

I was doing so well and gone the longest without binging!

I am so mad i binged this morning and im never even usually binge unless its the evening!!

I had 400ml pfish food frozen yoghurt, 8 digestive chocolate bikkies, a thortons chocolate bar and a few squares of dark chocolate. I feel awful but the Pfish food frozen yoghurt has been in my freezer for the last 2 weeks and i couldnt resist and i think i just needed it gone.

I binged felt awful, brushed my teeth and then went out.

Ive just had lunch (stir fry chicken) and i think im back on track - ive got to just carry on as if it didnt happen right? forget it? Im usually an ALL OR NOTHING PERSON!!!

I waitressing tonight for a friend and i know i will get a free meal, i hope i am able to get back on the wagon and eat well tonight.

Ive probably caused so much damage!!!

I am quite upset as you can tell.

Okay, so you had a binge. The best thing you can do now is to draw a line under it and move on. Don't let one bad day ruin your week, you can do this.

Don't beat yourself up about it, that won't help you at all. Yes you shouldn't have done it, but you can't change that now! Just get back on plan and don't let it ruin your whole week! We all have our weak moments, so you're not alone

There's no point looking back on it now - it has already been done. Don't punish yourself over it. Forget about it, draw a line, and move on. Don't let one bad day ruin all of your hard work.

This may not help but if it was me, I would work out the syn value of everything you ate. It might not be as bad as you think.

Just focus on speed and superspeed foods for the rest of the week, cut those syns right down and drink lots and lots of water.

Are you using all your syns each day? Try and make sure you get plenty of 'good' treats to try and stave off the binge attacks.

I really feel like the key to overcoming binge eating is actually in what happens AFTER. If you Lose it and go mad there is actually a limit to what you can shovel down in say 30 mins. If you can stop the binge quickly you limit the damage. If you carry the binge on all afternoon then that's where the REAL weight goes on. So what you did was probably exactly right. Brushed your teeth went out. Made that conscious decision to STOP. AND you thought about WHY you were triggered to binge. So that's a trigger you know you can avoid in future.

It just takes time and patience I think. You will probably fall off the wagon a few more times!! But if you can limit the damage and then think about the WHY then eventually you'll beat this. I still have binge attacks and I've been trying to beat it for years. But they are much further apart these days and usually to do with TOTM.

How long did it take you Legomom? Its so hard/ But your right, its how you respond after that counts!! Ugg Oh well back on the full wagon today. xx

aw hun :( hope ur ok! makes u feel so crap eh :( buut... its happened and not much u can do about it now!
we all have these moments...well i certainly do! and u really do just have to think to urself "well that was silly!! wont be doing that again!" and carry on with the rest of ur day and the rest of ur week!
10 days at 100% is brillinat and u should be so proud of urself! :) u have had a hiccup, but just pretend it didnt happen! n try n make it to 11 days 100% now? then go for 12 and so on! and yeah i would work out all the SYNS so next time that PHISH food is calling u u know how many syns are in it and i rekon that would put u off! (i did this with a mcdonalds n never gone back since!)
really really hope ur ok :) i know when i have a binge it makes me feel sooo crap then i eat more n feel worse then eat more etc so really really well done u for stopping!! xXx

stacey2kl said:
How long did it take you Legomom? Its so hard/ But your right, its how you respond after that counts!! Ugg Oh well back on the full wagon today. xx

I really focused on it for about 4 months. I think it's a bit like a habit. You have to break the cycle if that makes sense? You'll still have days when it happens but they gradually get further apart :)

I'm feeling exactly the same so don't worry you are not the only person. Yesterday started well, I had cereal from my HE and fruit. Dinner I had a spud, beans and salad then we went to the cinema and I ate fruit but then I just went mad, went to an all you can eat buffet and I ate about 4 plates full and a sample of every dessert they had. Then went home had a load of toast, ice cream and a cake! Absolutely ridiculous cos I felt so guilty after plus more importantly I felt physically ill. I can't weigh in today cos I has to stay in work late which is probably for the best cos I would be miserable seeing the damage I had done. Back on track today tho and drank loads of herbal tea and water, chicken, salad, cottage cheese and fat free Greek yog. It's easily done so just get back on it and forget about it. The weight, if you put any on, will only be temporary and in the long term you are eating better than you would have previously so think of it that way. That's what I do.

Back