Help... I feel so down :0(

murf10

Hello everyone. this is my first post but I have been doing slimming world since feb. I am really pleased because in that time I have lost almost 2.5 stone. I can fit into smaller size clothes and I started to feel more confident... until this last weekend. I went on my sisters hen do and had a really good time. Totally expecting to put on a pound or two this week, but this is not the problem. The photos went on facebook the day after and I still look so fat. I know I am still overweight but was just surprised with the amount of weight I have lost, that I still look THAT fat! I even bought a dress to wear at the wedding, but havin second thoughts about wearing it now. I suppose I am just at a point where I am really struggling, only got 1.5 stone to go, but just feels like its so unachievable at the moment. Is anyone else feelin same.. or any advice to help get me out of this rut with myself would be greatfully appreciated.

First of all - you have done fantastically well since joining SW so give yourself a bit of credit and stop being so hard on yourself.

If you read through the posts on here you will see lots of other people that are struggling and feel low too ( myself included ) so you are not alone!

Have you got any photos of yourself before you started? If you have - then take a look at them and I bet you will see a huge difference.

If you have lost 2.5 stone and have 1.5 left to lose you must look a lot slimmer and I would bet my bottom dollar that other people will notice it.

keep your chin up xxxxxxx

Hi Murf10 I know exactly how you feel!! :(

I have lost just over 1.5 stone and I am so incredibly down at the moment! Ijust feel stuck and really feel like giving up!!

I looked at photos of a wedding we were at this time last year and just wanted to cry!! I know that I have lost weight, everyone comments on it but me, myself when I look in the mirror I just can NOT see it!

I hope you feel a bit better soon. I have to keep telling myself to keep going! :sigh:

Hey love I think everyone gets like this at some point. Its very hard to change your perception of yourself (especially if you havet been happy). You have lost an incredible amount of weight and it hard to see a physical change when looking at yourself but I bet very much that ALOT of people have noticed. I got really skinny at one point and i still had photos where i thought i looked big. whenever you feel like this remember how far you have come and how close you are to your goal weight. Dont let these negative thoughts stop you from achieving your goal

xxxx

AnnaFaraday said:
Remember - the camera ALWAYS lies!!

...and Facebook should be banned! Chin up lovely. You've done amazingly well just try to keep that to the front of your mind. You are more than half way to target and I'll bet most people on here have felt like that at some point or another. Just keep in track and they will be a distant memory.

Awww. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing so well!
I always think it's really hard to look at pictures of yourself without being critical. It takes a while for your head to catch up with your body.
I'm guilty of picking fault with my chubby knees or flabby upper arms...things that other people don't even notice. It does help to have a look at your pre-loss photos if you have any.
One thing that always makes me feel more positive is putting on pre-loss clothes as that's when I can really get my head around the difference in size.
Keep up the great work. Your target is in sight...you're nearly two thirds of the way there!

I had exactly the same situation! I saw a picture of me at a wedding in June and was horrified. Then I looked at a picture taken at the end of April and was shocked at how different I looked. Sometimes I think we are our own worst critics, you just need to go easy on yourself and recognise how amazingly you're doing! xx

We had a talk on this subject at my old group in Newcastle, there's a lot of target members and apparently if you have been overweight for a length of time when you lose weight it takes your mind (thoughts) a long time to catch up to your body.
That doesn't explain it how they were saying it, a lot of people said they were a size 12 but in their head when they looked in the mirror they were still a size 18 and they used to go straight to the back of the shop to the larger sizes section without realizing nothing there would fit them.
You just need to train your thoughts to catch up, keep telling yourself I've lost loads I look and feel so much better I've lost * dress sizes and I'm so proud!! Believe me it's what everyone is thinking there is no way if you wanted to lose 4 stone that well over half way through your journey you don't look fabulous.
Search those "fat" pictures out and get posting a before and on the way picture to spur you on to be able to post that after photo. I've got my before and during ones on I'm just also waiting for my after too but looking at those two pics makes me think wow look at difference I'm not a 16/18 any more I'm a comfy 12

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You should look at those pictures as determination. You're doing really well and you have lost a good amount, wasn't it so easy? I bet it was super easy, and I bet you could totally do it again if you wanted to, so keep at it :)

Maybe it's time to hit the shops (charity shops are great for not being quite at target) and get some new clothes as it may just be that the clothes you were wearing in the pics were the things you would buy at the weight you were at and didn't flatter your new figure. Try your new dress on again I bet you'll look lovely.

Ah I know this feeling! Sorry to hear that you feel like this! Please try and be proud of what you have ached! You are over half way there and that weight loss should be very noticeable!

I went in my friends hen do and when the photos hit FB I was so upset! I was feeling so great too! But I have another stone to go and I am happy with my progress to.

Pamper yourself, put on your new dress and enjoy the compliments xx

Ah hun, big hugs! As you can see, you're not alone feeling like this.

Even though I've gone from an 18 to a 12/14 I still can't get my head round it and all the photos I see I just see size 18 me still. People comment on it and I can see the scales say different numbers but when I look in the mirror it's no different. I even went into new look yesterday and headed straight for the inspire section and then had a mini freak out because I just felt so confused.

As someone else said earlier it takes a while for the brain to catch up, you'll get there soon honey. Keep aiming for that last 1.5 stone (same for me) and you can do it. Good luck x

Back