Extra Easy Help i get the nibbles!!!

Sammie88

Silver Member
All ideas welcome

I'm a full time chef, and get the nibbles at work really easily!
I carry tic tacs, aldi sugar free sweets, I drink cold drinks constantly throughout the day but if I make cakes or biscuits my will power dies and once I have one bite I want more
Help please

Hi I get the nibbles when I'm off work! I've only just started slimming world but have been the same on other diets. I've been on here all day and out to the supermarkets to get organised. I've got some Alpen lights to use as my heB ( choc&orange, choc&fudge, double choc, cherry bakewell for when I want something sweet usually in an evening. I've also made some homous and salsa to have with carrot & cucumber sticks and on some whole grain ryvita crackerbreads (6 for a heB) so I can have them for lunches too.
I think the thing is just to be prepared and always have something on hand for when cravings attack! Even if its just fruit.
Good luck xx

Man oh man being a chef must be super tough when trying to diet. I have days when I want to snack on food all day (normally around AF) - I tend to make sure I have a Muller light to hand & some chopped up fruit in hand nibble size.

If I'm craving savoury I do tend to reach for a packet if skips or quavers (4 syns) Although I have just discovered the Special K crisps. OMG to die for!!! I believe it works out at 21 crisps for 4.5 syns & they are so worth it. Especially alongside light cheddar cheese cubed (HexA). I've only had the Sour Cream & Chive flavour. You can almost trick yourself into believing they are Pringles!!

I have been known to have a mugshot during the day too if I am desperate. They really do hit the spot!

Other than all if the above (!) I also try downing a big glass if water. That can instantly fill a whole & as I have to very consciously try to keep my water take up it makes me feel a little self righteous too!!

HTH & good luck with avoiding the cakes!!

CJxxx

We had tasters in group on Monday and I did a syn free dip with yoghurt and herbs and chilli, and cut up some carrots,cucumber and pepper to dip into the yoghurt. Everyone loved it (not my thing so dont know what it tasted like) and brought some back for hubby. He got in from work and said he could eat a scabby donkey! I said I hadnt got one of those, but he could try my dip. He wolfed it down and he said it just tied him over till we had tea. I save my second HEb (always do red or green) for 2 alpen lights and a chocolate options with my milk allowance. Also jelly,fruit, and low syn chocolate like mikados are good. Mikados are half a syn per biscuit! Yum :)

Celery sticks and cottage cheese? I actually like celery, I know lots of people don't!! Fruit. Loads of fruit!! Also I keep a pack of wafer thin ham in the fridge for something really savoury. I mostly avoid stuff like crackers because it just wastes syns on something boring! Rice noddles with soy sauce - usually makes me feel too full though, I don't know what that's about. Muller lights.

If you search some old posts for snack ideas there are loads of threads already with some brill ideas for staving off the munchies :)

Back