Help! I have . . .

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Chika, 26 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    the dreaded lurgy, feel like rubbish and have used a whole box of tissues in the last couple of hours.

Bizzarely I'm also 100% back in the game after dithering for the past couple of weeks so i don't want to ruin it all by drinking some sugary medicine.

I have cold symptoms, runny nose, blocked sinuses and headach. What have you taken that hasn't knocked you out of ketosis? Do you think Sudafed will be ok?

Thanks in advance!

sonban likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Oh dear I do SW so I dont know if medicines will knock you out of Ketosis. But I just popped on to say get well soon.:)

4. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    Sorry you are feeling crappy, there is alot of it round at the moment. I took sudafed and I was fine Chika, also used a Karvol plug in, in the bedroom and that seemed to help me breathe during the night and cleared my nose up... also use loads of vapour-rub (the men always like helping with that one) on your chest... I have also taken Beechems all in one (tablets) and day/night nurse tablets - of course not all together!!

Hope you feel better soon hunny...

But if the worst comes to the worst, you will need to take something!

Love

5. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    aww just wanted to say feel better soon
    x

6. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    feeling poorly

I am feeling poorly too, runny nose sore throat:cry:x

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    So sorry you are feeling rubbish, I used Sudafed, vicks vapour rub and Robitussin (diabetic cough medicine) along with lots of paracetomol! Wrap up snuggly and look after yourself.

HUGS xx

8. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    you can now buy the sudafed nasal spray . its fantastic, clears your nose for hours and helps shift that congestion.
    hope it passes soon

9. SHAZA

SHAZA Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Sorry you feeling so rotten

GO TO BED ~ cuddle up with a hot water bottle and a hot young man if you can find one

Tee Hee thats a fat fifty year olds cure for the lurgy

Keep warm ~ beechams is the best and bed!!!

Love Love

10. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    I used Sudafed, chewed vitamin C and was swigging cough medicine out the bottle when I started CD, and still went into ketosis in less than 3 days, although we are all different I guess.

Hope you feel better soon

A
    x

11. mandymoo

mandymoo Full Member

tell what is excellent & really works, mind you got to use as soon as you feel a bit rough - first active nasal spray.
    Hope you feel better soon babe
    x

12. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks everyone. I've just been to Asda and stocked up. Its sooo hard not eating when you are ill cos normally the first thing i would do is cook up a big pan of hot pepper soup and start chucking lemon and honey down my neck. No lemsip may just be the end of me.

Shaza the hot young man is on call, hopefully I can get hime to come round and take my mind off things :D

I might go and get some of the spray Mandy but I'm sure the chemist will think I'm a hypocondriac ..

Thanks everyone :)

Haha Amber, honestly my ketostix hadn't been pink for so long until this afternoon that I am terrified of doing something to take myself out of it. Even though the bottle of beechams is calling me from my bathroom.

13. majic1982

majic1982 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    *Peers out from under duvet* Just wanted to share your misery.. I'm poorly sick too! I've been taken Beechams cold and flu tablets. Hope we feel better soon! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.