Help! I keep slipping up!

nicki_leigh

Hello all!

I need help. I started my CWP journey three weeks ago. My first week I lost 8lbs, and my second only 3lbs. :(
After my second weigh in I felt really deflated, and uninspired. And so after that I decided to have a tortilla wrap, nothing in it, just on its own! I have continued to do this every day since, which is terrible!! For me weight loss is not just about losing the lbs but mentally changing my relationship with food. I feel I am so used to picking that this habit will never go away. This week I have had a lot on at work, and not getting in until really late sometimes 8 - 9pm!
I honestly feel as though I am failing, and finding it hard to keep going. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone notice their emotional state change? I am quite teary this week. :cry:My usual day consists of vanilla shake with coffee (8:30) soup/shake at Lunch and then soup for dinner followed by a bar. I am 5'8.

I look forward to hearing from you...

Many thanks

Nicki-leigh

3lbs in a week is still a good loss, don't get down about it.

Stick at it and I'm sure you'll be fine and the weight will start to drop off, we know this diet works if we stick to it, that is the great thing about it despite how tough it can be.

I also have issues with food rather than just being overweight because I'm greedy. You've already learnt 1 thing for life post cd, weighing yourself dictates your mood & makes you eat if it's not what you want to see. So long term I'd go by the feel of your clothes.

CD losses vary, think of the strictness of the diet & think what a shock it is to your body. My first time on cd I lost 8lbs, 3lbs, 6lbs. Don't worry what it says weekly, it averages out to about a stone a month. This is about 3.5lbs a week but most people don't lose it as evenly as that - more one week & next the less. If you stick with it you will lose it, at approximately that rate. As soon as you make it through one day without snacking it'll become a lot easier. Good luck.

I know just what you mean about slipping up - but look at the losses you have had so far. I think we can all get caught up in the myth of having massive losses every week and this isn't helped when most of us have great losses the first week and it raises our expectations. Actually the average is a stone a month - which is just over 3lbs a week - so ignoring your first week you are right where you should be ;-), and this is what you should be expiating to average out at - I say that because our losses don't happen in a nice straight line - sometimes it will me more, sometimes less and sometimes none at all ;-( , but over a few weeks it will average out. LAst time round there was some great advice on here which said ignore what the scales say - if you are 100% then there is no way the diet can't work so the losses will happen. It kept me going when i knew I had been 100% but the weekly amount wasn't what i thought it should have been.

Another tip i found useful was to be measured because sometimes my losses were rubbish but the inches went down, and other times the inches stuck even though I had lost a stone or more in a month!

Hang on in there and keep going. If you feel like giving in give me a shout - i'll happily be your buddy (i need one to keep me on track!)

Good luck

Back