HELP i need some distractions!

xSinead

Silver Member
Ok, i didn't plan on having my 3rd shake until about 7.30pm tonight but my tummy is rumbeling so ive decided to have it now, followed by a loooong bath while my mum and sister feast themselves on pasta!!

What other things can i do to distract myself when i'm either hungry/or people are eating? What do you do?

Aww no my rooms above the kitchen so know the feeling. Drink a big glass of water all in one to fill you up. Look on the Internet at the clothes you want to get into I always have a gander every day and think when I'm slim I will wear this etc :) paint you nails too have a pamper . Will be worth it In the end.

Thank you :) those are really good ideas! Just had my third shake, so think i'll run a long bath soon, condition my hair and then look at clothes online and maybe watch a film!! Hope you're both ok :) xx

Yeah I've just had a shake watching family fortunes lol and drinking a cup of sparkling water actually have a bottle next to my bed prob drink it all lol. Ahh I can t wait to be slim!!!!

Scented candles are a must when you don't want the smell of food. Although I perversely quite like smelling food, it seems to satisfy me.

Samee!! you're lucky though, you're like 15 stone arent you? I'm a bloody whale haha, i'm so determind this time though.. NOT going to cheat or slip up at all! xx

Awwww.....ladies, don't feel bad. Try and think of all the positives of being on Cambridge. I've been doing the diet for 2 weeks now. Have stuck to it 100% and my weight has dropped by 11.5 lbs. Yes, I've had a few challenging days, but nothing beats getting on the scales at the end of the week and seeing a smaller number. My clothes are already starting to feel smaller and I know I'll be looking a lot slimmer by the summer. Would I trade all that in for a bowl of pasta?! NO WAY!!

You might be tempted to eat something now, but in a few weeks/months time you'll be glad that you didn't!

Oh I like the candle idea :) don't say that hun I like to think I'm the very hungry caterpillar who ate and ate and now in my cacoon and soon I will be a butterfly. We will all Get there :)

whatever you do dont get obsessed with shopping like me!!!! this diet is costing me a fortune lol. because i havent been buying food ive treated myself in other ways...e.g lots of new clothes and beauty products. today was the worst though...my boyfriend went to ikea for some meatballs so because i wanted a treat...i ended up buying a whollle new bedroom hahaha. xxxx

Hahaha!! Its nice to treat yourself though..
i used to treat myself and get manicures each week after i had my weigh in, maybe i'll start that again. x

that is a great idea...its important not to feel like your missing out on this diet. probably not a good idea to spend quite as much as me tho LOL.xxxx

Hehe that's the funniest post I've read :) my mum went shopping and usually buys me some food bits and today she got me some nice body lotion three lots of smoothie scrubs which smell gorgeous!! I do my own nails now takes me ages thinking of buying a uv light and doing my own shellac nails :) also want to buy some nice duvets for some reason.

i loveeee shellac!!! thats a great investment to buy the uv light. i was originally going to buy just a duvet cover in ikea...but the store had a show bedroom with the duvet cover on a bed...so i bought the whole room. i am out of control!! thank god cambridge has taken control of food out of my hands! i know what you meab about the beauty products though. im obsessed with fruity shower stuff at the mo...it smells so good you could eat it..but no calories! xxx

Just thought of another good distraction I go on you tube and watch videos on how to do new hair styles and make up :) done this a few times and the hours have literally slipped away as I get in the zone watching loads :) I learnt how to do a fish tail plait and a hair now :)

Pamper yourself, watch tv, read my kindle is a Godsend. I have four products a day or and SS+ meal if it keeps you on track. I am so near the 5ft 8 so four products still gives weight loss. Write a list of the reasons you are doing this and the goals you want to achieve. Such as I want a pair of designer stilettoes when I can wear them comfortably. Good luck.

Oh I like the candle idea :) don't say that hun I like to think I'm the very hungry caterpillar who ate and ate and now in my cacoon and soon I will be a butterfly. We will all Get there :)

Ahhhh I think that is a really lovely way of describing what we have done/are doing x

Back