Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Red Day HELP, I'm entertaining

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by toliveordiet?, 9 September 2009 Social URL.

1. toliveordiet?

toliveordiet? Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(24.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello everyone,:gen147:

I have just been informed that we are having company for dinner this evening:secret:. Does anyone have any ideas that are "special" but still OK for a red day?

We are having soup to start and a fresh fruit salad for dessert but I need help for the main course. Any suggestions?:sign0163:

Thank you for any ideas.:thankyou:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mel1981

Mel1981 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12.5lb(14.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    From original cookbook - devilled roast leg of lamb, beef curry, chicken tandoori or bouef bourguignonne???

4. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Coq au vin from this month's magazine? Very nice and not difficult to make!

Hunter's chicken - chicken breast topped with sliced red onions & mushroms, bacon and smothered in syn free homemade BBQ sauce, topped with cheese?

Fillet steak with twice stuffed jacket potato & veg?

5. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

I hope that someone can check the following suggestion (First time poster, First week SW - so somewhat of an all round newbie!!)

Chicken breast, or steak served with ratatouille (onions, mushrooms, carrot, aubergine, courgette etc simmered with tinned toms - I also add mixed herbs). To make the ratatouille more chunky/filling, why not add your HEX-b pasta to it? I like to make the ratatouille and add chopped bacon to it!! (not sure that it would be posh enough for entertaining though!)

6. toliveordiet?

toliveordiet? Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(24.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you Mel1981, StaceyUK and Lonestitcher. Your ideas were a great help and I went with Stacey's chicken in the end - delicious.

Thank heavens the panic is over and we are now back to normal, well, as normal as we ever are!!!

Thanks again:D

7. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    That hunters chicken sounds delicious!!!

Will have to have it when OH is out one day as he hates BBQ sauce!!!

8. JulesyR

JulesyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.4%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi - do you have the coq au vin recipe? Sounds perfect for a dinner party I am planning!

thank you

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.