• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Red Day HELP, I'm entertaining

Hello everyone,:gen147:

I have just been informed that we are having company for dinner this evening:secret:. Does anyone have any ideas that are "special" but still OK for a red day?

We are having soup to start and a fresh fruit salad for dessert but I need help for the main course. Any suggestions?:sign0163:

Thank you for any ideas.:thankyou:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Coq au vin from this month's magazine? Very nice and not difficult to make!

Hunter's chicken - chicken breast topped with sliced red onions & mushroms, bacon and smothered in syn free homemade BBQ sauce, topped with cheese?

Fillet steak with twice stuffed jacket potato & veg?

I hope that someone can check the following suggestion (First time poster, First week SW - so somewhat of an all round newbie!!)

Chicken breast, or steak served with ratatouille (onions, mushrooms, carrot, aubergine, courgette etc simmered with tinned toms - I also add mixed herbs). To make the ratatouille more chunky/filling, why not add your HEX-b pasta to it? I like to make the ratatouille and add chopped bacon to it!! (not sure that it would be posh enough for entertaining though!)

Thank you Mel1981, StaceyUK and Lonestitcher. Your ideas were a great help and I went with Stacey's chicken in the end - delicious.

Thank heavens the panic is over and we are now back to normal, well, as normal as we ever are!!!

Thanks again:D