Cruise PP Help I'm gaining weight!!

how is your salt intake? are there any hormonal things going on? what about water intake as well?

If that's all you're eating, I expect your stomach thinks your throat's been cut and is clinging on to every morsel :)

Have you read the book? At your current weight, you need to be eating far more protein. Have you been doing this diet long? I see you've already lost 35lb on your profile? Are you on cruise? Are you having the oatbran?

Lots of questions, I know, but ...

Why not check out our menu thread and see how much other people are eating and losing with. Our recipes might interest also...

Good luck!

If that's all you're eating, I expect your stomach thinks your throat's been cut and is clinging on to every morsel :)

Have you read the book? At your current weight, you need to be eating far more protein. Have you been doing this diet long? I see you've already lost 35lb on your profile? Are you on cruise? Are you having the oatbran?

Lots of questions, I know, but ...

Why not check out our menu thread and see how much other people are eating and losing with. Our recipes might interest also...

Good luck!
I am eating the Oat Bran. I lost the 35 pounds from doing the HCG diet. I eat a lot of protein like a chicken breast and a half each meal. I am on the cruise phase and I have and read the book.

I lost the previous weight from doing the HCG diet. I didn't feel like being so restricted this time so I decided to try the Dukan, I have read the book and I have the book. I do eat the oat bran 2 tablespoons a day, Yes I'm on cruise phase. I hope you ladies can help me out with this i'm so lost and feel so helpless i'm ready to give it up!

I lost the 35 pounds from doing the HCG diet that was before I heard about the Dukan Diet. I am eating the Oat Bran 2 Tablespoons a day and I have read the book and currently own it. I thought I eat tons of protein but I guess not. I am on the cruise phase and have only been on the diet since Dec 27th 2011. I really need help here. I'm starting to lose hope in this diet!:eek:

Fireangel, post your daily menus with amounts etc so we can comment - it is really unusual for someone of your weight not to be consistently losing if you are doing it right - want to be able to help you as much as possible but need more info - well done for asking for assistance!!!

Fireangel, post your daily menus with amounts etc so we can comment - it is really unusual for someone of your weight not to be consistently losing if you are doing it right - want to be able to help you as much as possible but need more info - well done for asking for assistance!!!

Thank you so much Trudyc.

So for Breakfast I had, Better 'n Eggs Southwestern Style Egg whites with homemade Greek yogurt some Honey and 2 Tablespoons of Oat Bran.

For Lunch I had a salad with tomatoes, onions, 2 jumbo boiled eggs, a can of tuna in water and Hidden Valley light ranch dressing.

For dinner I will be having 2 Chicken Breasts with a sugar free Peach marmalade and some Home made Greek yogurt with honey.

Water I have 4 Liters

you said you were doing the HCG diet before... if I am correct don't you have a very, very limited caloric intake on that diet in addition to the HCG hormone? Have you thought about contacting an endocrinologist? I am no doctor and perhaps there is a simple fix, but being someone that has had a pretty frustrating hypothyroid/hashimoto's disease battle for a few years now can only suggest there might be something hormonal going on. OR perhaps you are just adjusting to the difference in menu and NOT being on that hormone.

Just a thought :)

you said you were doing the HCG diet before... if I am correct don't you have a very, very limited caloric intake on that diet in addition to the HCG hormone? Have you thought about contacting an endocrinologist? I am no doctor and perhaps there is a simple fix, but being someone that has had a pretty frustrating hypothyroid/hashimoto's disease battle for a few years now can only suggest there might be something hormonal going on. OR perhaps you are just adjusting to the difference in menu and NOT being on that hormone.

Just a thought :)

Thank you AngelJ I have had my hormones checked out and my thyroids as well. Everything came back normal. You are right about the HCG it's the only diet I ever lost weight on and kept it off. I am however sick and tired of starving and being so restricted I can't make dinner for my family. I haven't been on the HCG for over 2 years now so I don't think it is contributing to what is going on now. I think I might just not being following the Dukan diet strict enough:sigh:

Not sure whether this is a pp day or a pv menu, but a couple of things strike me. First you are having honey to sweeten yoghurt, this is a no-no on Dukan. Honey, lovely and natural though it is, is simply pure sugar, so not permitted at this stage. Same really applies to peach marmalade - I know it's sugar free, but peach is fruit, fruit contains fructrose, and fructrose is sugar, so no fruit allowed.

I'm not familiar with the lite dressing you mention, or the better n eggs thing, but I think you may need to check the ingredients of these things carefully - lite dressings may be low in fat but often contain a lot of hidden sugar to make them palatable. You will know from the book what you are trying to do is force your body to fuel up on protein rather than fats or sugars, and metabolising protein takes more effort than anything else so it burns up quicker. So the more protein and the less fat and sugar, the quicker it will happen.

Your protein intake seems ok to me but some people will tell you to eat more lean red meat as it takes more effort and burns off energy quicker.

4 litres of water seems quite a lot - the recommendation is 1.5 to 2 litres, depending on your exercise levels and temperatures etc, I think if you do more you run the risk of water retention.

Exercise?

Have you checked other people's diaries for menu ideas? There is no need to feel hungry on Dukan, and also there are loads of family friendly dishes which can be adapted with just a bit of tweaking. For example my family really love the Dukan muffins, and tonight we had a cottage pie with a celeriac topping, even though I'm in conso and nobody else needs to lose!

Hope you find it starts working for you soon, good luck!

great post above! I say follow all of that advice.

Also - instead of the better n eggs have you tried doing the oat bran pancake + an egg or 2? every morning for breakfast I have the pancake and 1 egg + 1 egg white and I use some sugar free syrup. It is very filling and very tasty - but filling in the sense that I don't feel gross or stuffed.

Then I usually snack on some low-sodium chicken from the deli or turkey breast, I buy the diabetic yogurt flavored in strawberry and vanilla and sugar-free jello choc pudding has been a life saver!

Dinner is usually chicken or sirloin grilled - I have made a lot of sauces utilizing the plain fat free greek yogurt and dijon mustard or horse radish - the butternut squash soup was a HUGE hit with my boyfriend (who eats EVERYTHING made with fat and butter) I ate on that for a few days and started incorporating it by using it as a topping for chicken. One night I made him honey mustard chicken in the oven - I made 3 breasts - his I used Ken's Honey Mustard dipping sauce (YUM but not allowed) and for mine, I DIPPED in my own version of honey mustard using Greek Yogurt, yellow mustard or dijon (can't remember which I had in the fridge) and a little splenda - tasted JUST as good! I also didn't baste it, just dipped so I didn't use a whole lot.

If you are in Cruise - try eating some asparagus, they are wonderful for "dumping water"

Also - EXERCISE! I know this diet is all about protein but ya gotta exercise or else all that protein wont go anywhere!

I hope that helps - check out this blog, it helped me out a lot too Ive read it multiple times!

How the Dukan Diet Works – The Blogs at HowStuffWorks

oh and finally - diet soda (particularly diet root beer) helps me out with sugar cravings too. Try making more of your food instead of using pre made stuff - eating clean is usually easier, healthier and better TASTING if using your own eggs, making your own sauces, etc.

Good luck!!! I'll keep my eye on you!! :)

Thank you ladies. I do exercise. I go to the gym every morning and do 30 minutes of cardio and then 10 minutes of ab work. The better n eggs is just egg whites since egg whites are pure protein I eat a lot of that. I can't eat asparagus, It's so gross now. That is the reason I started taking 4 liters of water because I was waking up with water retention when I was drinking 2 liters. I don't feel hungry on this diet though thank God It was the HCG diet that was killing me!

If you've been eating honey/peach marmalade etc then I would imagine you are nowhere near ketosis as you've been consuming too much sugars. Why not have 2-3 PP days to remotivate yourself? This diet really does work, I've lost all my weight on it. Good luck and keep posting menus!

If you've been eating honey/peach marmalade etc then I would imagine you are nowhere near ketosis as you've been consuming too much sugars. Why not have 2-3 PP days to remotivate yourself? This diet really does work, I've lost all my weight on it. Good luck and keep posting menus!

Thank You I am going to do that now Since I gained back what I just lost! I am scratching out all the sauces but my Horseradish. I really want this to work for me! I see so much success with it.

Back