Step 1 Sole Source Help I'm new-ish!

NinaV

Hey all, I have been on ss now for 3 weeks, found this forum last week and I absolutely love it although difficult to find some answers so thought I'd join it and ask myself! Never done anything like this before :p

i have kinda been chopping and changing between ss and ss+ but not being adventurous enough with food as I can't seem to find what you really are allowed and the proper weights, should I have been given a book with all this info in by my consultant?

also I haven't lost any weight now for over 3 days and yet walked and drank loads, any ideas why?

cant wait to hear from all you pros to keep me motivated as I'm struggling....:sigh:

Nina
wk 1 weight loss 6lb
wk 2 weight loss 0lb
wk 3 weight loss 5lb

You would usually be given a book, or you can buy one with all the plans for about £3.50 (Alarm bells would be ringing for me if my CDC didn't tell me what I could actually eat). I found the below on a website for you and it looks about right.

These are the foods that are allowed on the SS+ Cambridge Diet, as far as I know. They may not be accurate so you need to ask you counsellor for a proper list, but it gives you and idea of what you can have. With this option you have 3 cambridge packs too and then just one meal using the lists below. Alternatively for SS+ you can have 4 cambridge packs and 200ml of skimmed milk (and no food).
PROTEIN (have one of these per meal or you can mix and match and have half the eggs/half the chicken etc)
120 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
190 g Cod haddock or white fish
250 g Tofu
200 g Quorn
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
125 g Prawns
225 g low fat cottage cheese
2 medium eggs

(ALL UNCOOKED WEIGHTS)

PLUS
TWO (15 ML) tablespoons of any cooked or raw veg from the list

Asparagus
Kale
Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage (even pickled)
Marrow
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Pac choi
Celeriac
Red radishes
Spinach
Celery
Turnip tops (leafy part)
Watercress
Chinese leafy greens
Courgettes
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves

SALAD DRESSINGS (low fat/lite dressings only)
Helmans Vinaigrette
Balsamic vinegar

HERBS AND SPICES
Thyme
Chives
Basil / oregano
Fennel
White / black pepper
Paprika / smoked paprika

Thank you chlo, is ok to swop from ss to ss+ do you know? I shall be asking my CDC for a book then! Thanks again and well done on your weight loss x

The first time I did CD I lost 6 stone doing SS weekdays and SS+ weekends. I averaged about 1 stone per month. You do see some faster losses on some people, but it is a question of what will make the diet work for you and make you stick with it. Some people just prefer to have SS as they don't have to deal with food at all.

Good luck.

Hi Nina I'm on week 3 but I have chopped and changed and its going good for me! I tend to SS+ on a days when I go to the gym xx

I am on week 3 day 1 and had 3 SS+ days last week on the days where I was more active. My Consultant says it is fine to do this and from what I have read, it would only equate to a pounds difference a month doing SS+ full time so a few days really shouldn't impact x

Thanks all, I am so addicted to reading about everything CD! I managed to get a book from my CDC so I went and got food from the list today and had a tuna salad tonight followed by a choc mint shake...oh it was heaven, it was like having a 2 course meal lol.

Was hoping for a 3 lb weight loss on Monday to get me to my first stone, however it's my grans 90th tomorrow and we are out and my brother in laws 40th Friday and we are out for a meal again..!!!..I have looked at both the menus online of the restaurants and think I have made some safe choices, I will defo stay away from carbs and alcohol I just hope it's enough :s

The first time I did CD I lost 6 stone doing SS weekdays and SS+ weekends. I averaged about 1 stone per month. You do see some faster losses on some people, but it is a question of what will make the diet work for you and make you stick with it. Some people just prefer to have SS as they don't have to deal with food at all.

Good luck.

Six stone is awesome and yes a stone a month would be just fine x

I am on week 3 day 1 and had 3 SS+ days last week on the days where I was more active. My Consultant says it is fine to do this and from what I have read, it would only equate to a pounds difference a month doing SS+ full time so a few days really shouldn't impact x

That's good to know actually as I kept thinking eating is cheating hahahaha, but I'm quite active as I have a 5 month old and since I've been doing ss + the weight has started dropping, lost 2lb since Tuesday :) thank you!

You would usually be given a book, or you can buy one with all the plans for about £3.50 (Alarm bells would be ringing for me if my CDC didn't tell me what I could actually eat). I found the below on a website for you and it looks about right.

These are the foods that are allowed on the SS+ Cambridge Diet, as far as I know. They may not be accurate so you need to ask you counsellor for a proper list, but it gives you and idea of what you can have. With this option you have 3 cambridge packs too and then just one meal using the lists below. Alternatively for SS+ you can have 4 cambridge packs and 200ml of skimmed milk (and no food).
PROTEIN (have one of these per meal or you can mix and match and have half the eggs/half the chicken etc)
120 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
190 g Cod haddock or white fish
250 g Tofu
200 g Quorn
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
125 g Prawns
225 g low fat cottage cheese
2 medium eggs

(ALL UNCOOKED WEIGHTS)

PLUS
TWO (15 ML) tablespoons of any cooked or raw veg from the list

Asparagus
Kale
Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage (even pickled)
Marrow
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Pac choi
Celeriac
Red radishes
Spinach
Celery
Turnip tops (leafy part)
Watercress
Chinese leafy greens
Courgettes
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves

SALAD DRESSINGS (low fat/lite dressings only)
Helmans Vinaigrette
Balsamic vinegar

HERBS AND SPICES
Thyme
Chives
Basil / oregano
Fennel
White / black pepper
Paprika / smoked paprika

This information is ridiculously out of date. The allowances are completely different now.

Some of the protein have been increased a little bit, and it's 80g of the veg.

Yes thank you I now have a book from my consultant with all the correct info :eek:)

This information is ridiculously out of date. The allowances are completely different now.

Yes thank you I now have a book from my consultant with all the correct info :eek:)

Back