HELP - Indigestion!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Spacepig, 14 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Spacepig

Spacepig Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Does anyone else here get indigestion bad? On the first week I got headaches (probably due to cutting out my 15+ cups of tea a day), but no indigestion...this week though it's been a constant companion! :mad:
    Got so bad on Thursday, had to get some Rennies. After downing the third one, I thought "that tastes sweet" and looked at the packet...loads of sugar - ARGHHHH! I can't use emulsions like Gaviscon or Pepto Bismol since they just make me immediately sick, and medicines like zantac that stop the stomach from producing the acid that causes indigestion aren't supposed to be used long term.
    When I spoke to the chemist this morning about it she said she'd have a word with Lipotrim themselves, but I just wondered if anyone had any solutions...(sawn off shotgun, riping my stomach out etc)

Peter

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    What about the Gaviscon tablets? I use them and they're very effective at getting rid of it, not sure about sugar content though they don't taste very sweet.

4. Spacepig

Spacepig Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Not 100% sure on this, but I seem to recall that the active ingredient in Gaviscon tablets is Ranitidine - the same as Zantac... if it is then you're not supposed to use them too regularly or they can cause liver damage

Peter

5. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Scary stuff really. Glad I don't use them regularly then :)

6. Spacepig

Spacepig Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Doh!!!

I was wrong - been down to Tesco this afternoon and had a read of the packet on the gaviscon tablets, and not only isn't it ranitide, but it doesn't have any sugar in it. I don't like the taste, but I can swallow it rather than chew and it seems to have done the trick...

Thanks a million Rainbow Brite for the tip

Peter

7. nictastic

nictastic Says it as it is!!!

Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Diet:
    LT / CD
    If you go and see your doc you can ask them for omeprazole sp? or ranitadine ..you can use these for up to 12 months with no probs just ask them about the sugar content xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.