HELP ME!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 29 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I climbed on the scales this morning and to my horror I weighed in at 12st 10lb!! :eek::eek::eek:

Just to put across how bad that is (to me), when I was pregnant I wouldn't let anyone come anywhere near me with a camera because I felt and looked (or so I thought) so ruddy awful! I locked myself in the house for the last month of my pregnancy because I was too embarrassed to let anyone see me. The morning I went into labour with my daughter I weighed 13st 1lb - at more than 9 months pregnant.....only 5lb more than I weigh now nearly 2 years after the birth of my beautiful little girl!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I can't even tell you how horrible I feel. I never thought I would EVER be this big - my 'normal' weight was always around 10st 4lb and even then I was often on ww because I thought I was fat :confused:

We still haven't moved into our house yet, which hasn't helped AT ALL (I've gained about half a stone in the 4 weeks I've been at my parents!). I can't wait to get into my new house and get back to cooking meals and getting my own shopping - it's just impossible to do that here (I know that sounds like an excuse, and I suppose it partly is because if I really wanted to I could eat much better than I have been, but when the whole family is eating one thing it's impossible for me to do something else for myself, I just don't have the willpower, plus I have to make do with what's in the cupboards etc rather than having my own stuff in the fridge etc).

I'm not going to come on here telling you all "I will do it this time" or "this is my last re start" or "I will lose 20lb before my birthday" etc etc.....all I can say is that I feel dreadful, I look dreadful and I really really want to change. I am on the verge of being obese :cry::cry::cry::cry: and it was only last year I was a 'healthy' weight!! :eek:

I don't know why I've done this to myself, I just wish I hadn't. The summer's coming and I now won't be able to go out with my friends for afternoons in the local pub because I'll just be too embarrassed to go. Yet another summer wasted. I wish I could rewind a year!!

So, I'm gonna try and get back on here as much as I can and try and get this under control.

Wish me luck - I'm gonna need it!!!

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Awww Marie ... ive just read your post and want to give you some big ~hugs~ .. Im not sure ive got any other advice It sounds like youve been battling with yourself for a good while.... we dont need promises of this that and the other! ...
    Hugs Hunny xxx

4. DecemberBride2008

DecemberBride2008 Needs to succeed

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    (((((BIG HUGS))))) Hun, sorry that you are feeling so down.

We're always here if you need to chat.

Keep your chin up, you can do this :)

Take care
    xx

5. SiobhanVon

SiobhanVon Silver Member

Marie, you sound so upset! Just bear in mind hun that everyone on here has had this moment you're going through at least once before! It was that very moment that spurred me into googling weight watchers and finding this site!!! The first good move I made in the right direction.
    The only thing I can say is draw on this horror, use this repulsion or self-disgust for motivation! Make something good out of this negative emotion!
    There is no sense sitting and thinking 'I am disgusting'...just tell yourself out loud that it is not you but the weight that disgusts you and the weight is something that you have control over, whether you think so or not right now! Because sticking to this plan gives you the control back!!! I promise you that! I can't believe how simple this plan is- Now I know I am barely started with my weight loss but I know I will get there with this plan because I am never hungry, I can eat a variety of things and I have joined this forum so if I have any questions or just feel blue there is always someone here to help x If you need motivation or inspiration check out the gallery and check out Starlight's diary...you can do this hun x

6. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi marie,nice to see you back with us.Weve missed ya chick.
    You can do this girlxxxxxx

7. yvonne85

yvonne85 need to be old goofy me

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    my take on Atkins, will do it until i'm bored then go back onto WW methods.
    Hey Marie,

First of all, don't put your life on hold, and not go out with friends because you feel insecure about your weight. People are more interested in your personality than your weight, and secondly i very much doubt you look as bad as you say! I know its a cliche, but life is too short... and more often than not, we regret the things we didn't do, rather than the things we did do. You can still live life to the full and lose weight at the same time.

Also, one of the best pieces of advice i can give... and i'm speaking of personal experience here... is to try and not dwell on the fact that you used to be thinner, because speaking from my own experience, that can in a way hold us back, because you want to lose too much, too soon, and when weight loss is slower it can be demotivating and hold us back.

Set yourself some mini-goals to aim for, good luck, you can do anything you put your mind to! :D

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Sorry to see you are feeling down. Not being in your own house will not be helping. Any idea how long it will be before you move in? Until then just try your best and even if you maintain your current weight it will be better than putting on.

are you exercising even taking your little girl out will do you the world of good.

Irene xx

9. Bananas

Bananas Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hiya

Welcome to the forums. I restarted WW for the hundredth time (so it feels) a month ago. I know exactly how you feel, I think I've missed out on lots of things because of how I feel about my weight.

I'm pretty determined to succeed this time though but I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to not become to obsessed. It seems to be working.

Good luck with your weight loss journey

x

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hello missus... SO glad youre back *HUGS*

Youve done it before madam and you can do it again.

It must be hard not being in your own house, but hang in there *HUGS* Wish I could offer more advise but dont disappear on us again. New start tomorrow and onwards and downwards ;)

11. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh marie, sorry your not doing well. I can wait to have you back lovey i have missed you.

I am constantly starting and stopping lately and to be honest im the same, if i wanted to eat better i could do nut i have been choosing not to and every other day im restarting.
    I hope your in your house soon and back with us but please try and enjoy your summer dont let it put you off.

12. fatfighter

fatfighter wannabe yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.94%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Yay Marie you're back! Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy hun, things still seem really hectic for you. Once you're in and settled you can give 100% to WW until then, just do what you can, its all about choices hun. Hope the move goes well X

13. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    morning sweetie

As Starlight says hun you have done it before and you can do it again!

Come on babes ... chin up!

xx

14. NikkiH

NikkiH Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.13%)
    Diet:
    was weight watchers but are drifting apart, am having an affair with Lipotrim...
    oh Marie - I'VE MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH!.

Im so sorry about your gain and that your feeling sh*t, honey. You poor little pet.

PLEASE dont start coming down too hard on yourself - you have an AWFUL lot going on at the minute and it really is SO hard when your moving etc - plus your not at home (your own) and I can only imagine how hard it is to stick to it at someone elses.

Right, we need a plan of action...
    What are we going to do? - your right - no promises/ plans of being size 0 by the 2nd of July - we're going to have to find something sensible, practical and that suits you.

Its bugging me - you CAN do this!! - completely can - try and think what spurred you on last year - what made you "click"? what did you visualise? what "did it" that time?

We need a goal for you to work towards - a good one! - not saying that yours arent good pet, but something thatll seriously make you a weight busting machine - I find that goals like - my birthday, a family do etc.. NEVER worked for me because, although I felt disgusted and embarrased in my own skin, they came and went .. It didnt REALLY matter if I hadnt lost weight by then.. well it did matter, just not enough for me to put the pizza down and step away from the fridge...

Now, the wedding obviously did it for me.. because it wouldnt just come and go... there would be pictures/albums/video to remind me and everyone else for the rest of time how much of a whale I am...

Dont fancy getting married do ya? :D just to succeed at ww? :D

Ah obviously not, but you dont happen to be a bridesmaid for anyone in the future? if your sister is not already married, talk her into it - just imagine a couple of hundred people turning heads at one precise moment to look at you.. thatd do it.

OR.. how about you book a fabulous - BOILING HOT place for holidays next year??? even better if you cant afford it - cos if you have to kill yourself paying for the damn thing, you'll want to really enjoy it, prancing around in your thong bikini, not (like me) trying to take wet shorts and teeshirt off under a towel before slipping into a tent.

Ive bought the book "the amazing adventures of diet girl" - nearly finished it, its very funny and has SO many thoughts/feelings/ideas that I can completely relate to. Would it help if I sent it to you? it might click something with you?

Hope your ok xxxx

15. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hope your feeling a bit better loveyxx

16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Thank you so much for all your replies/support.....I'm such a drama queen, so I appreciate you still replying, lol. Thank you so much, all of you x x

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

A lovely/helpful/encouraging/thoughtful post like that is EXACTLY why I come here - Nikki, you put SO much thought into that post and I sooooooooooooooo appreciate it!!! Bless you!

However....the marriage idea.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! In case you're wondering - that would be a no - lol!

That book sounds great, thank you so much for the offer love - you're so lovely! I won't pinch your book from you though, but I will definitely try to find a copy for myself once I've moved - might help eh.

What did it for me last year was the feeling of absolute disgust when I hit my all time heaviest last Jan (a whole stone lighter than I am now!!! :eek:). I was just sick at the sight of me, and it just kind of happened. I went to a meeting with my mum, found mm's and just did it...for a while at least.

So come on then, what's the plan??? How do I do this???

I'm doing sooo badly at the moment - still. I need to move back into my own place!!!!!! We're hoping to be in over the next week or so and I CAN'T WAIT, then I can REALLY get cracking with it!!!!

18. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

You're so right, I know I shouldn't put my life on hold because of my weight, but that's SO much easier said than done. The local pub I (used to...) go to is local to where I used to work, where I went to school before that, where ex boyfriends, old friends etc all go....I just can't face walking in there and seeing people who haven't seen me since I was 2st lighter...just the idea of it fills me with dread. I can't do it.

I have NO clothes that fit me anymore - none - unless you include the jogging bottoms or leggins that I currently live in because it's all I can get into. I refuse point blank to go and spend the very little money I have on 'fat clothes'. No way. So, I will just HAVE to lose weight won't I ;)

19. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'm sorry I haven't replied to all your posts individually, but it's a quick visit - my parents internet keeps cutting out (yet another reason why I need to move asap - I cant cope without my mm's fix, heehee).

Thank you though, all of you :) x x

20. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Marie

The clothes thing i can TOTALLY relate to, my Oh is taking me away in October to the New Forest for a week and in August sometime to meet his parents (my incentive for losing this time lol) and he said the other day i expect you will need a shopping trip for the holiday wont you and i said i have TONS of clothes that i have that dont fit me since i put on the weight, some i never even wore i said so no i wont go shopping i will just slim into what i have and they will feel like new clothes :D:D

21. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hey Chick

How you doing babes?????

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.