Help..need will power

Mikspatel53

Hi. I started cd 2nd week of May. I was really motivated on the first week and lost 5 pounds. Soon after my weigh in I had some pasta to treat myself. Not the best idea as I found myself snacking and thinking it won't add so much weight. My CDC is on holiday for 2 weeks and I had promised myself to loose atleast 15 pounds over 2 weeks seeing as I didn't have a big weight loss on the first week. My CDC is back next week Monday so I'm trying to be really good and hoping to loose atleast 10 pounds(fingers crossed) I'm a nanny so I am in the kitchen a lot and have a lot of distractions that I can't just walk away from. Need help..a buddy maybe. Just joined today in the hope that I can get few words for motivation.

Going on holiday mid July so am hoping to drop 2 dress sizes. I know that if I try hard enough then I can enjoy my holiday but knowing is not enough.

Hello there and welcome!
I started CD 8th may so kinda same time as you Iv been having 3 packs a day + the small meal....holidays booked for end of aug so were way simular lol
If your gonna snack do it on chicken or something low in carbs! Iv been having an omlette mostdays and I gotta say its going pretty well so far ( touches wood;p)
Im just so determined to get some weight off for my hols tho.
You will drop 2 dress sizes EASY if you keep to it hun ...and more I would say....this sites fab for moral support / kick up the ass ..some fab sucess stories and piccies too

Weightplanners Forum: Before & After Photos

good luck! xoxox

Thanks for getting back :)

Im a vegetarian so can't snack on chicken. Also quite squeamish about egg that I can see in its form if that makes sense. Fussy I know. I'm on ss+ too and tend to have a stir fry of quorn with mushrooms, peppers and garlic. My biggest problem is tasting things here and there to make sure they have the right flavorings for the little girl I look after. And then after that I have a spoon full which then leads to a small bowl. How do you control urges? When you see something you like right infront of you how do u stop yourself from eating just a tiny bit?

I thought I'd go buy a bikini and few holiday clothes two dress sizes down to motivate me more.

I lost 1/2lb short of a stone last week and my next weigh in is in the morning....been looking at ppls results on here and the 2nd week mostly doesnt seem so good:/
jeesh you dont have much too snack on as a veggie do ya lol...I see how that must be REALY hard for you:-( theres a veg stock/soup I think its called Bouillon that your allowed dunno if that might help you along.
Iv done this diet before SS and I know I simply cant taste things cos thats the road to the end and its so hard to get back on it after you cock up innit. Im managing to cook for the family without any problems now , it did hurt my belly just smelling it first week or so and I couldnt imagine that would ever pass but it has.
If it will help you stay focused buy the bikini for sure!
Iv dropped a clothes size already and dug some old jeans out of my drawers that hadnt fit for ages so thats kinda keeping me motivated trying on bits and bobs that have been hidden away for ages...its like having new stuff lol.
Dont know about you but for the last couple of years everytime I have been on hols and Im all hotter than everyone else and sweaty and uncomfortable Iv always kicked myself for not trying CD before I went and dropping a few stone , so that realy is keeping me going...also Im trying not to think in terms of how many weeks I have to do this for...kinda brainwashing myself its only 7 days I have to do it ( weigh in with CDC is day 1 and so on)...I know it sounds silly but its realy working for me as on previous attempts I never made it past day 10 without raiding the fridge lol
I would def say that it is a lot of mind over matter on this diet...if you get up in the morning thinking todays gonna be so hard , then it will be...stay focused on why your doing it and dont lose that vision!
Jo x

That's actually a really good way to look at it..and losing that much in first week is really good. I got distracted last night again. My partner forgot about my diet and had prepared a vege version of fajitas so I had to have it so he didn't feel bad. He only cooks once in a year for me so I'm pretty sure he did that for a reason lol. Not sure what it is yet. Felt really really guilty after eating it though. So today I decided to do sole source and be very good.

I know what u mean about being uncomfortable on holiday. My holiday last year was the first with current partner and I was quite embarrassed to wear my swimsuit because of my thunder thighs. I wore shorts on top of my swimsuit even in the pool believe it or not. Also seeing the good looking women parading around I did kick myself too.

Let me know how your weigh in goes. Fingers crossed for you :)

Started back again today. On Saturday went upto London and forgot shakes so had a healthy falafel and an apple. Wasn't on the diet but I tried to eat healthy and on Sunday I forgot shakes again but had Harvester salad. Got bit carried away and had some pasta from salad bar and some potato salad. Not good I know. Had a weight in yest. Was back to start weight :'( Had a pizza yest..which I probably shouldn't have. That's me this week..how have u been..have you been able to stick to it? It's that time of the month soon and I'm one of those who crave certain food like mad. Are you like that too? How do women on this diet control themselves. I've been really good today though..want to get back into ketosis and loose good amount of weight over these 2 weeks.

hello there:)

Im lucky I dont realy get lady time cravings or anything , I just turn into an uber bish lol
I have managed to pretty much stick to it ok ....had a lil munching frenzy on home-made meatballs the other day but there wasnt much carbs in them so I got away with it lost 6+1/2lbs this week ...what you had sounds WAY better tho lol
todays been a good day as well , didnt know what to do with all my energy Iv got so I thought I would clear my wardrobe out ....tried on some jeans that havent fit me for jeesh...maybe 5 years...thought they would motivate me didnt think for a moment they would fit AND THEY DID!!! so had a massive clearout got rid of all my big clothes that dont fit me now(just so Im never tempted to grow back into them;p) and all the stuff that didnt fit me now fits ...cant believe it lol
You need a plan and a target! to motivate you I mean..have you a holiday booked or any weddings or special occasions coming up?
x

Wow that's really good. I do have a holiday in July and that's what I'm working towards and my best mates engagement in November. After my weightloss last week my partner is being quite supportive in the sense that when I say I'm craving Indian I get a good telling off and then I have a little sulk and then get told nicely that I won't enjoy the holiday till I shift this weight. Sometimes it's the case that I'm not even hungry but I just have this sudden urge to stuff my face. One good thing is that with me being a vegetarian Ive started buying only meaty things for my partner. That stops me from eating. I've been very good today though..moving to a new place on Friday so will raid my cupboard and do what you did..hopefully will loose abit by then..not much bit enough to motivate me more..

its like quitting smoking or harder drugs isnt it lol....the cravings do pass tho and thats a fab idea only buying meaty stuff in for your OH!
I reacon you could get to 14 stone for your hols if you realy tried ya know.
Just get it into your head that your doing it and thats that , if you get up in the morning thinking gawd todays gonna be hell then it will be...its mind over matter.
It is hard work moving tho hun I dont envy you attempting that on a week one vibe x

I know I can loose it if I stay strong and dont start thinking little bit of this and that won't matter. Doing sole source because the food distracts me on ss+. Doing 3 packets a day so fingers crossed. Got 10 days off work after tomorrow so should help when I'm at home surrounded by meat only. Getting a big pay check end of June so I'm looking forward to blowing that on some new clothes for the holiday. Also I decided that everytime I loose a dress size I can go out and buy a new dress as a treat..instead of a takeaway. I think I might be on this site quite abit over the past few days to keep me motivated. How's your diet been today? Sorry about my rambling it feels good talking to someone who understands rather than friends who completely disagree with the diet.

heya:)
you seem like you realy have your head together!
thats a fab plan for rewarding yourself with clothes , I red on someones signiture on here *you only reward a dog with food* made me smile lol
10 days at home is the perfect time to get into ketosis as well , no having to cook for no one.
check this out for insparation http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/278660-1-month-2-stone-down.html
just shows you dont have to be a big momma to get big losses , just need to stick at it:)
I dont think I would have got this far without this site , like you said no one understands , they just think your on a fad diet...I didnt tell no one till yesterday saw my cousin and she said how well I looked ...she messaged me on FB last night asking for my CDC's number she wants to try it too.
right off to aqua fit ttyl! have a great day xoxox

How was your day? How do you find energy to exercise on this diet? I had a filter coffee today and put 2 packets of powdered sweetener in it. Will that have put me back to day 1? Haven't strayed at all today other than that.

I was wondering today what is in the shakes that makes it so sweet if not sugar or sweetener powder. Was at work and someone said to me all you're having is an overdose of flavoured splenda and water, that's no diet. I love this diet because it's the only thing that works for me but I'd like to be able to have an answer ready to fire back next time someone says its sugar overload.

hey hun , as far as Im aware sweetners are fine and each meal replacement has 1/3 of your daily vitamin and mineral requiremnets so your probly more nourished than you would be from your regular diet!
so WTG you you got thru the day:)
There will always be nayers hun , when youv dropped a couple of stone will they be telling you that you havent and it doesnt work lol
How I see it is I had considered a gastric band or gastric bypass I was SO desperate to lose weight....before you have the op you have to do a liquid diet to reduce the fat around your liver so Im just doing what the surgeon would have recomended but without the risk of an operation;p
and the exersise , I was alreay exersising regular before CD but 1st week I couldnt do nothing I was just laid about feeling like crap lol...after that tho it passes and you have loads of energy ....I dont think youv ever got to that stage yet without sabotaging yourself but you will see!
I find as long as I have my shake like 1/2 hour before my class the energy from it sees me thru the hour class fabulously...speeking of which its that time again...lets see if I can wobble some extra lard off hehe
Have a good day
Jo xoxoxoxox

Back