Help needed please - drinks.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Bess, 28 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    I don't drink coffee, usually lemon tea. So I'm a bit stuck for hot drinks. I really don't like black tea, can I drink a mug of hot water with a piece of ginger root in it and any herb tea? ( I know fruit teas are out.) I've just noticed some mint growing in the garden - that would be nice in hot water.
    Also this horrible taste in my mouth - can I suck tiny sugar free mints? Or sugar free chewing gum? Or any other suggestions please? Many thanks. Bess.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soon2bslimmer

soon2bslimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Not sure about the ginger or mint, sorry. Brushing your teeth does help to get rid of the fuzziness in your mouth and is harmless ;).

Soon2bslimmer x

4. Stargirl

Stargirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    CD - SS
    Ive never taken coffee or tea black and without sugar, but have adapted pretty well. So through no hardship i guess ive changed the habit of a lifetime! lol

Although as id b drinking more than usual, i did get a mild blend coffee to make it more palatable.

Also, after your second week you can introduce water favourings which may help you if u can hold out! lol

5. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    Thankyou both, I'll go and have a fizzy water in a wine glass and think gin and tonic! Roll on week 2!

6. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I checked out green tea and heard thats okay, I don't mind it.
    Are we allowed sweetners for coffee? Also miss the hot drink thing, I'm a coffee with milk addict!!

7. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Cant help you with the hot drinks but if you want to get rid of the bad taste get listerine strips. Theyre mint strips that dissolve on your tongue. I bought a few packs of ebay to see me through for a while! Not allowed mints but you can have chewing gum although chewing can make you hungry!

8. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Peppermint tea is lovely once you've got the taste for it- and green tea bearable but I had to stick at it!

xx

9. likealobster

likealobster Full Member

Think it's probably already been answered but I will put my two pennies worth in.........
    You can have any leaf tea so mint should be fine.
    I think brushing your teeth is easily the best way to freshen up your mouth and it doesn't effect teh diet at all but those little melty strips are ok too and are fine ont he diet. I find they stick to the top of my mouth though which is quite annoying!

10. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Likealobster - we started on the same day! So you are on day 5 aswell? How is it going? I'm feeling a little better now, day 3 was hell. I was a beast and don't know how my kids are still talking to me (I was the mummy off scooby doo).
    I can't help the odd weight check, so I know this is working but will post results on Wednesday.
    Today I'm motivated and this site is full credit to that, everyone who posts should take a pat on the back because it's invaluable for us week 1ers.......soooo thankyou!!
    Good luck to us all

11. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    OOppps, and 'letmeout' how about you? Are you still getting there?

12. likealobster

likealobster Full Member

Hi flowey,
    Yeah, I am loving it at the minute. I too found it hard on the 2/3rd day. my poor bf got most of it but I must admit, I also had very little patience with my niece and nephews!:ashamed0005: but that is a small price to pay as far as I am concerned (hope they agree!)

I've had an at home weight check this morning and if my scales are the same as my CDC's then I have lost a stone already! I know it is a 1st week bonus but it defo brings my BMI down :D

The forum has been invaluable to me. Both for motivation and encouragement but also for info and idea about how to make the shakes/get round problems etc.

It will definitely be good to see how we both get on Flowey having started at the same time. I'll send a friend request so we don't lose each other
    x

13. ennaoj2204

ennaoj2204 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When i did CD last time my old CDC said Earl Grey Tea is ok but its flavoured with bergamot which is orange isn't it? Can someone help can i have Earl Grey as I found a Green Tea variety and its quite nice. Thanks

14. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I myself just drink normal tea and water - but i am SS+ so i have red milk intake. Couldnt do without a hot drink in this horrible cold season!!!

15. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I'm normally a tea drinker (white with two sweeteners as a rule) but I can't drink ordinary black tea on this diet - the tannin is just horrid and make my mouth feel weird. I'm surviving on (very) mild black instant coffee with one sweetener. (My CDC says sweeteners are fine.) I did buy two packets of tea bags in Asda yesterday - nettle and green - but I've yet to try them!

16. caroline4013

caroline4013 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Joanne, I've been told Earl Grey is fine to drink.

17. ennaoj2204

ennaoj2204 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks caroline!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. smanf

smanf Full Member

Plain peppermint tea can be a bit strong. I drink peppermint & nettle together. Sounds weird but really yummy.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.