HELP! Newbie - confused by points values.

MaybeImAmazed

Hello all.

First few days on WW and having difficulty.

Lost 5st on sw, recently put 1.5 back on, and so thought I'd give WW a go to shake the habit. Had loads of people in my SW class totally criticise WW so feel like my head is full of doubts and scared it wont work.

I occassionally need a lil bit of choc, and lately the twirl bites seem to be my fix. Sometimes 1 piece can do the trick.. so went and punched 100g values into the online calculator. P=7.7 C=56.5 F=30.3 Fbr=0.8 and it comes out at 24 points for the 165g bag. Yet a 22g two finger twirl is 6 points. It just doesnt tally :-( so now I'm scared to trust any points values.

Can somebody help me out?

I've also heard that you *must* use all of your points values? A friend of mine said she ended up having crumpets for breakfast, cheese on toast for lunch and then a chicken kiev with salad for tea and this obv doesnt sound very healthy and she didnt really lose much weight. Do I have to be thinking of other restrictions within the points values? Is there anything that encourages me to eat a balanced diet? I havent done my first class yet as joined online and class isnt til Tuesday, so worried am missing something.

Ww does work, last week I lost 6lbs in my first week and I never made all the right food choices such as I did eat a small choco like every night .. (such as a fudge etc) and crisp (skips=2pp)

Stick to it Hun and see how u get on!

I would go by whatever your cal is working it out as aswel, just to be safe

As long as you use all your dailies you should see a loss.

It's best to plan your meals so u don't end up eating rubbish at night because you had over 20 points left.... Like I did lol. I like to have eggs for brekki with 2 slices of ww bread toasted, lunch is a chicken soup I make full of veg n low points then evening meal a nice big bit of meat cooked in a small bit of olive oil to use up pro points then loads of salad or veg to bulk it out n fill me up.

If your worried about using weeklies u could split it up over the week to give yourself 7 extra daylies. They say you can eat all your daily n weekly allowance and still lose. I did last week n lost 3lbs.

Good luck and welcome to weight watchers :) x

Ps I'm on my mobile so can't check the chocolate pro points yet, will do tomorrow if no one else has come along :)

100g = 24pp
22g = 6pp

This would make sense if you think about it .. one quater of 100(24) is 25(6)

I think weight watchers gives you a bigger range of food you can eat.. You can have anything as long as you stay within your allowance!

Fruit and most vegtables have zero points too.

The biggest difference is that you have to check weights to get the correct points value in meat and potatoes etc.

You can have as much as you want but it has to be in your points.

i was sceptical my 1st week too as i was eating loads of ready meals and ate out twice but was still within my pp's and lost 7lbs ! :)

so it really does work ! :D

....... i'm still not believing it can work, as i have loads of treats, eating out, desserts, ect and i'm now on week 7 and have lost over 1 stone :D

Hello

WW does encourage you to eat healthy but it os down to you on what you eat.

I found due to the nature of SW diet, I eat healthly and when I came over to WW. i knew I had to make more of a consious effort as you can easily eat rubbish and still be within your points

You need to eat all your daily's so when youi go down in weight, you can reduce yuor points and help prevent plateu'ing

My best advice is bring over everything you learnt of SW but use the points as the control measure.

This is what Ive done and Im easily eating the same as SW but now I can control my intake better, have the weekly treats and enjoy a nice take away

Just take one meal at a time and dont worry about what others have said

It works!

Last edited:
MaybeImAmazed said:
I occassionally need a lil bit of choc, and lately the twirl bites seem to be my fix. Sometimes 1 piece can do the trick.. so went and punched 100g values into the online calculator. P=7.7 C=56.5 F=30.3 Fbr=0.8 and it comes out at 24 points for the 165g bag. Yet a 22g two finger twirl is 6 points. It just doesnt tally :-( so now I'm scared to trust any points values.

Can somebody help me out?

165g does equal 24pp but a 2 finger twirl for 6pp is 43g.

The 22g twirl is just one finger and is 3pp.

You are doing well just stick with it x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Back